Skill Gem Reveal: Blade Flurry

"
Exile009 wrote:
Hmmm...contrary to all the folks here who seem to think this thing is all about just holding the mouse button down, because of the way the skill incentivizes releasing the button at stage six, I suspect it'll actually be fairly mobile.

This skill basically would use the same kind of build as ele Spectral Throw i.e. stack as much attack speed as possible. You then add the damage via auras and other sources (and possibly crit as well). This would allow you to reach stage six almost immediately. You then release the button to benefit from all those returning slashes. You can then power up again (if you're safe) or move (if in danger). A physical version would be superior, of course, but getting a really high phys dmg + very high attack speed weapon is crazy expensive i.e. you'll either use foils or daggers (if going crit) - nope, I don't see this saving claws. Point being that it's not like Incinerate where you build up damage and then have to hold it. Indeed, I suspect you'll actually be releasing the mouse button MORE OFTEN with this skill than we typically do while playing with other skills like Lacerate, Reave or even ranged skills like Frenzy, Split Arrow or spells like Fireball, Ice Spear, etc.

Scorching Ray wasn't a passive 'stand-around-channeling' skill either, mainly because it isn't as dependent on building up damage as this one and so you can stop and start your laser beam as required - sorta like playing Barrage (without Volley Fire, of course, since it's a narrow beam). Its range was also similar to the range a typical Incinerate/Flameblast player channels from (yes, I know Flameblast has no max range, but you can't target what you can't see i.e. offscreen) - and those two do have a stacking mechanic to incentivize standing still, albeit the Flameblast one works similar to this skill in that you want to build up to the release as quickly as possible. And given that Incinerate, Flameblast and Lightning Tendrils worked just fine as 'chanelled' skills (even if not tagged as 'chanelled' at the time) when they were released, I suspect these ones will be fine.

You got it <3
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Hopefully the quality gives increased Aoe, anyways it looks like a dreamfeather poison delivery system.
If it has good damage effectiveness ele foils might return to the meta. Personally I think this skill like scorching ray has the potential to be absurd boss killers, which i quite like.
I'll just go Hierophant and put it on a totem with poison, gg!
This ain't melee
pls consider changing the casting animation to a weapon swing or something because that just looks fucking lame
"Purity Ain't Free. The labyrinth of ascendency gotta be litterd with the blood of the faithful. Chitus HUSSEIN perandus is not my emperor. He is blasphemous gommunist and probably karui as well :DD. PURITY and FAITH not malachai and thaumaturgy ok. praise God" - High templar voll, circa 1333
More FPS lag yay !
Since shadows are my favorite character class, Blade Flurry is a definite, "must try".

It does seem to have potential.

Thank you.
Cool, flicker strike without moving. :D
Every skill is shit till some streamer doesnt make it popular by showing noobs how strong it can be... Probably same will be here.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Exile009 wrote:
Hmmm...contrary to all the folks here who seem to think this thing is all about just holding the mouse button down, because of the way the skill incentivizes releasing the button at stage six, I suspect it'll actually be fairly mobile.

This skill basically would use the same kind of build as ele Spectral Throw i.e. stack as much attack speed as possible. You then add the damage via auras and other sources (and possibly crit as well). This would allow you to reach stage six almost immediately. You then release the button to benefit from all those returning slashes. You can then power up again (if you're safe) or move (if in danger). A physical version would be superior, of course, but getting a really high phys dmg + very high attack speed weapon is crazy expensive i.e. you'll either use foils or daggers (if going crit) - nope, I don't see this saving claws. Point being that it's not like Incinerate where you build up damage and then have to hold it. Indeed, I suspect you'll actually be releasing the mouse button MORE OFTEN with this skill than we typically do while playing with other skills like Lacerate, Reave or even ranged skills like Frenzy, Split Arrow or spells like Fireball, Ice Spear, etc.

Scorching Ray wasn't a passive 'stand-around-channeling' skill either, mainly because it isn't as dependent on building up damage as this one and so you can stop and start your laser beam as required - sorta like playing Barrage (without Volley Fire, of course, since it's a narrow beam). Its range was also similar to the range a typical Incinerate/Flameblast player channels from (yes, I know Flameblast has no max range, but you can't target what you can't see i.e. offscreen) - and those two do have a stacking mechanic to incentivize standing still, albeit the Flameblast one works similar to this skill in that you want to build up to the release as quickly as possible. And given that Incinerate, Flameblast and Lightning Tendrils worked just fine as 'chanelled' skills (even if not tagged as 'chanelled' at the time) when they were released, I suspect these ones will be fine.

You are wrong on some things. Everything is basically right click and hold and no, this skill won't make us release the button more often. The only incentive are rippy one shot mechanics. Trash dies anyway, it is a ranged AoE attack. No one is going to build it like ele spectral throw, because that's garbage compared to other options. Everyone will just play dreamfeather + added chaos or dagger / abyssus / crit something. It's very budget friendly.
Of course scorching ray is dependend on building up damage. Read the description. It has a stackin fire res debuff. That's crucial for burn damage since fire pen doesn't apply.
Flameblast and these skills are completely different. Because FB doesn't do more damage after the maximum stage. There is no incentive to stand still at all, mostly because it's about the burn damage. You charge it up once, release, and troll around waiting for everything to die. Incinerate and BF continue to do (higher) damage at max stage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info