Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

(3.12) Queenliness Wanderfinder | (∩^ᗜ ^)⊃━ - - -☆゚.* | All Content (Power Siphon Kinetic Blast)

"
villur wrote:
Can i start farming T10-13ish maps with a 5L QoTF and a cheap wand? I currently have 3ex. Maybe get like a 1ex wand and the rest on other gear and respeccing too. Maybe a tabula until I get a 6L QoTF?

Cheers!

It's very meh and also very much depends on your atlas progression. I switched to the char with around 70 atlas completion and only had to get to 83ish + expand the Elder area to get the T11 orb. Still won't recommend at all, the single target+survivability is pretty awful early on.

Once I got to shaped maps (T11) things changed a lot though and the char started to be alsmost as enjoyable as in 3.0

My gear was - more or less around the 3Ex value, haven't played with the bought/crafted opals yet.

Ofc I deviated from the spec at one point or two and went a bit too greedy during the completion period. A Starkonja's (even non-ench) would be a better choice there. However, life was a secondary problem, the main issues were the lack of damage + the low sustain. I have to take back my previous statement about Vinktars, it makes a huge difference at lower lvls as a pathfinder. Not sure about the endgame, my lvl + items are still very so-so.

I'd choose piscator's as a starter wand at this point, due to the interaction with abyss jewels and the fact that there aren't that many good rare wands anyway (at least last time I checked which was around a day ago or so).
Last edited by juerk on Dec 15, 2017, 8:23:57 AM
is there any way to check if the rare wand im trying to buy is better than piscators? i dont wanna end up spending like 3 ex on rare wand just to find it its worst than piscators
"
gonna try play your build im done with blade vortex ;) also a question is it okay to use taste of hate or this build doesnt need it at all so i can sell it?

this build dont need it, but keep ToH for another build for example
what about atziris promise its used by like 95% of builds but not this one?
"
is there any way to check if the rare wand im trying to buy is better than piscators? i dont wanna end up spending like 3 ex on rare wand just to find it its worst than piscators

Path of Building is awesome for it, u just 'craft' wand u wanna buy there and u can see what u gain/lose when switching.
those new unique gloves seems dank as fuck for this build? and i could link herald of ice with icebite for frenzy charges?
Spoiler

Current gear linked above.

Just figured I’d share my current thoughts.

I switched over to Wander yesterday night, level 77, since I got a pretty early/luck 6-L QoTF and adequate gear.

Haven't been able to color my chestpiece properly yet (3B/2G/1R) - working with what I can for now. Just threw in Ice Bite since I had it on me and it was leveled decently. Most of my gem slots aren't properly set up yet either (vaal haste/grace, CWDT setup, etc.)

I have considerable experience playing Ranger builds across the past several leagues – Wanders, SThrow, FBlades, BV, Cyclone, etc.
I know this is a Pathfinder build thread, but I personally feel Raider is a much stronger starter UNTIL you get the necessary unique flasks (Vinktar, Dying Sun, etc.) You can always respec after, 20-30c in regrets isn’t a big deal.

I was leveling initially with the new “OP” Mathil™ Ancestral Call/Molten Strike/Frost Blade 6-L Tabula setup… and yes, it’s strong. I highly suggest leveling with this method, as early as a 4-L item (Ancestral Call, Frost Blades, Molten Strike, Elemental Dmg). Easy leveling to 70/80+.

So far seems good – doing maps without too much difficulty.
However, it just doesn’t seem AS strong as other variant (similar) attack builds with this level of gear. IE. Even using 1 Touch of Anguish, and a shield, Ancestral Call Frost Blades is rather ridiculous/strong without changing much in the gear/tree. I felt the single target was stronger as well, since Frost Blades is 100% cold and you could easily stack to 80%+ penetration with minimal effort.

For example, I played the past few leagues with only a 5-L chest, and was blasting through maps to T11-13+ with similar Ele-attack builds (FB, ST, Cyclone). While the 6-L barrage is nice, it just seems weaker than if I just ran the 6-L for FB or ST.

I know Wanders are strong – I played one in Legacy, with over 200ex in gear invested. I feel the big difference is really a strong wand. If you have a 250+ Ele DPS Imbued wand, with an Attack speed and Crit roll… the damage really shines.

Piscators is good, but it’s still the “entry level” of gear; even with a 6-L QoTF I feel weaker than if I just used a 6-L QoTF in a Cyclone or Frost Blade build. This might primarily be due to the VP nerf – You can’t really “face tank” stuff with barrage anymore. Trash still explodes, but bosses (and even Abyss rares) are more dangerous.

I’m still missing a lot of the wand nodes since I’m low level, so I imagine those would help a lot. Also gems aren’t fully leveled/quality etc.

Not bashing on this build; I know wanders are great, as I said I played one to 95 at top-end gear in Legacy… Just be advised that this build won’t really shine until higher-ish levels (IE. 85-90+) and with fully leveled gems, quality, good gear, etc.

If you have mediocre gear, or are lower level, you would honestly do better just leveling/farming with something else (IE. If you only have a 5-L, I would probably not run a Wander, stuff like FB/Cyclone will be stronger.)
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Dec 15, 2017, 2:55:07 PM

Accidentally created this while trying to chrome it... FUCK MY LIFE
Isn't it kind of obvious that Pathfinder's stand's or fall's depending on your flask's are?

I still appreciate your feedback, no worrie's.

Make sure to check out my How to scale single target video.
Changing the wand asap is NOT the best bang for buck option at the beginning in term's of dps.
(everything explained in there)

Also comparing this build with mathil style build's is vague, since i set an emphasis on defense (unlike he does) i could easily squeeze a shhhload of dps, just by sacrificing evasion/dodge etc.
nvm
Last edited by NukeFonKillazz on Dec 15, 2017, 2:31:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info