[2.6] -273,15 °Crit-Trapper (Shaper farmer, deathless) + Budget Version (below 3 exa)

Is this build still viable? I am having a tough time with the OP build...
1. Is there a reason why you are using Elemental weakness and not Flammability ?

2. I tried Doryani + ES shield and divinarius + ES shield :

With doryani compared to divinarius :
+200 DPS on trap tooltip
-8% crit rate

So isn't it better to play with a divinarius than a Doryani ? 8% crit rate is a lot compared to 200 tooltip dps no ? With divinarius and +5 power charge and the golem I run with 76% crit rate.
Hey, a friend of mine plays your build and we were wondering if fire trap isnt better for single target (cause of the secondary effect of burning ground so you effectively have 3 outputs of fire damage).
The raw dps numbers of the initial hit are the same, besides fire trap even having the burn effect. Or does one ice trap hit a boss more than once?
@DerBommeK

the only reason because fire trap could be better than ice trap is 6% crit instead of ice trap's 5%. however with fire trap you have a 50% higher (!) cooldown, which rly sux for example in mob phases of shaper or generally in clearing speed. the burn effect can be ignored, it's very very weak and doesn't scale like ignite

yes ice trap has the overlapping, which fire trap barely has i think. but that's not the reason ice trap is better than fire trap, peace

@horuswar

you can't have flammability enchant on gloves, otherwise yea flammability is same good

@Stillers

yes it's still viable, nothing changed
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Jan 8, 2017, 5:13:54 AM
Very good build. If nothing change in 2.6 ( I think the 2.6 would not change too much of the game ) I'll do it. But is still viable for uber lab/ atziri ? Shaper / guardian ? Isn't better occultist for safer play ? Isn't better a wand / dagger or mace rare ?
Here is my setup : http://poe-profile.info/profile/_TacTac_/ChefJaiMarch%C3%A9SurUnTruc

@maclarca You can forget Uber atziri as she is immune to burning ... it can be done if you can survive long enough.

Phoenix is long but doable as you can avoid most of his hits really easily but god it is long.
Shaper and other gardians are not so bad. Chimera is the easiest IMO.
All T15 bosses are a joke right now especially Kaom or Malachai

I am still strugling to go for Vaal temple but mostly because I am a stupid and greedy player.

As for main hand I would go for Mace with high elemental affixes and implicit and high crit.
Wand unless with Fire damage does not double dip like elem. damage.

My only advice is to not go with this build for hardcore :)

i played this build this league and really enjoyed it so far. it is definitely still viable
but i made some changes to the guide that i would like to share & discuss.

the main changes includes:

- use of both ice & fire traps
- two curses
- lightning warp as a movement & res penetration trigger skill

gear&skills

since an ice trap in a 4-link horror helmet is enough to clear mobs in t15 maps easily i decided to take a 6-link fire trap to fight agains bosses

instead of pushing the burning damage i decided to max the initial hit damage since ignite immune bosses/monster seemed to be the toughest encounters

since i'm using lightning warp as a movement & res penetration trigger skill i can use a wand.
in my opinion the crit multi & high flat ele damage should be prefered over the double dipping ele damage from doryanis.

a cheaper way to get another curse is to simply get it via the skill tree.
i dropped elemental equilibrium to safe the necessary points before i bought this amulet.

i switch between enfeeble & flameability as a second curse depending on the map mods

due to the boot enchantments & the stun avoidance skill points i could drop the valyrium ring
a +1 curse chayula would be the perfect but expensive solution

skilltree&jewels
skilltree

i got 10.2k es @ lvl 86 with this tree

Last edited by rikster on Jan 17, 2017, 12:56:50 PM
@maclara i guess the question for 2.6 viablity is highly redundant, i think you understand this too ^^

occultist means losing a sick amount of damage, so it's a matter of taste. i would not recommend it, sometimes offense is a good defense too and the kiting abilites of this build are quite good so no need more "tankiness".

@rikster good idea running 2 trap-setup. but i stick with my point, the low cooldown of ice trap is ultra good and nothing else will compete with it, i made my experiences and i hate it very very much to wait for traps. for mapping any discussion is not needed for obvious reasons but i think for bossing you want flexibility and that you have mostly with low cooldowns (imo).
the ignite damage itself goes into millions whereas initial hit damage is, when i correctly remember, around few hundret thousands. not sure if you want to skip ignites at all Oo as long as we have double dipping in the game there is no alternative to it. (it is but it's less efficient)
and yes +1 curse amulet is usually always better.. ;)

btw i think most ignite builds (including this one) are at a certain point obsolete because ignite immunity is an issue and hinders usually to encounter uber atziri, which is imo the coolest and most challening part of PoE. therefore i created few more builds which have better capabilities than this one. not all trappers tho. just saying, ... i'm not happy with uber atziri performance on this one.
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Feb 5, 2017, 2:03:47 PM
Does Shaper of Desolation lower dps or am I misreading?
Why would I trade ignite for chill?
I can see shock being of some value, 50% more damage.
sorry im not sure what you're referring to

the ignite from crit is stronger than from plain "shaper of desolation ignite" because the "crit-ignite" benefits from crit multiplier.

so when you do 100 fire dmg with shaper of desolation it's 80 damage over 4 seconds

if you do 100 fire damage, it crits and you have 300% crit multi you do 240 dmg over 4 seconds

duno if thats an answer ^^
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Feb 12, 2017, 10:16:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info