Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.6] -273,15 °Crit-Trapper (Shaper farmer, deathless) + Budget Version (below 3 exa)

below 3ex, and armour chest never low 8ex, haha. wtf.
"
kavana211087 wrote:

You can buy the chest with divination cards and then use essences.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Nov 26, 2016, 2:37:39 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
But have you tried this build with Fire Trap instead? That way you could free up Pyre and replace it with a DPS/stats/resist ring; you'd also get burning ground for a bit more damage that way as well.

the cool thing about fire trap is that it has 20% higher base crit. i never tried it out tho because i've read that the radius is not satisfying, you might have not the overlap effect of ice trap (which is not important for boss fights tho).
the crit of ice trap is enough and Pyre also gives some resistances and 30%+ burning damage, which is no double dip modifier ofc.
also you have 50% higher cooldown with firetrap which sounds very limiting to me.
alternative
maybe you could pick firetrap and drop some crit nodes from tree so you still have 60%+ crit. could go for +1 curse node and pick +1 curse amulet to have dual curse instead of Purity. but this is really expensive end-tier shit. and not really necessary

edit: tried out 20/20 fire trap on shaper, the longer cooldown is really annoying, very hard to protect zana with it. the burning ground does literally 0 damage and the clearing purpose between the stages the AoE of ice trap is MUCH better

"
kavana211087 wrote:

you apparently didn't read the gearing guide, maybe you do it :-)
the "budget" comes from helmet essence craft (which acts almost as a 6L in terms of damage), so you can use a 4L 700-800ES chest. also you pick elemental weakness aura so you don't need gloves with "ele weakness on hit" implicit.
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Nov 12, 2016, 5:53:27 AM
"

tried out 20/20 fire trap on shaper, the longer cooldown is really annoying, very hard to protect zana with it. the burning ground does literally 0 damage and the clearing purpose between the stages the AoE of ice trap is MUCH better

Thanks!

Good to know.
hey looks like a fun build was looking at your talent points and not sure if u need the str but u can remove 2 points above trickery in shadow and put it in coldhearted calculation and crit chance https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQVCBx4I1A18DdEOSA_EEFgRDxEvEVARlhXXGoEbJSBuIvQnqSj6KgsqjSsKLJwsvzIYNbk22Dt8PV9BlkV8RwZJG0lRS65Mi0yzUDBRdFJTUzFWY1fJXGtd8l8qY0NknWSqajZremwIbAttGXBRcFJzbXRVdm9-WX6wf8aESIauh2WJ04oGjDaP-pD6kyeVLpeVl5eX9Jitm4ahL6KjppmnK6yYrrOzA7QMtDi3dbjKvorB88NtyL_K09Af0PXUB9hU2VvbXtvn3I3fbd-K44TlGekC6rrr9ewY7FXuFe9L7-vw1fD58WzxivId8uH31_v1
hey, good you mentioned this. before i had some problems with STR so i went with the stated tree. but now i don't have STR problems anymore so going via Coldhearted Calculation is definetly better. gj
why less duration instead of cold to fire?
^^ im guessing the less duration and rapid decay lower the cooldown of the traps.

to the op how did you do your damage calculations, since atziri cant be ignited that seems like very high damage. Nice build btw.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 19, 2016, 12:37:40 AM
"
why less duration instead of cold to fire?

why cold to fire? oO we already have 100% conversion. and the rest is only minor additions afaik [edit: made a calculation, less duration has 10% higher damage gain than cold to fire]
less duration gives you 19% MOREdamage and is a nice double dipper. the reduced effect duration is also nice to have because it lowers the ignite duration (while preserving the whole damage) -> you can ignite more often in a certain timeframe -> more damage in the end

GGG really has to make some highlights for MORE and INCREASED modifiers, it's a huge difference, and that's why less duration is powerful.

"
Fhark wrote:
^^ im guessing the less duration and rapid decay lower the cooldown of the traps.

cooldown is not affected by effect duration modifiers. there is a special support gem extra for this purpose

"
Fhark wrote:

to the op how did you do your damage calculations, since atziri cant be ignited that seems like very high damage. Nice build btw.

this number is of course not for the "single" atziri, as you understood right, she cant be ignited. the critical phase is the split phase, imo. and 3/4 atziris are not immune to ignite
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Nov 19, 2016, 6:53:22 AM
You count on Ice Golem for the other source to proc EE? Got the Orb of Storms, but was trying to make sure of the cold source do reduce the fire res.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info