Some incentive to play slow attack pace builds

Slow attacking pace skills will never be viable with reflect in the game. In order to make slow attack speed skills worth it, you have to have massive burst damage in order to make them good, which reflect absolutely destroys.
"
allbusiness wrote:
Slow attacking pace skills will never be viable with reflect in the game. In order to make slow attack speed skills worth it, you have to have massive burst damage in order to make them good, which reflect absolutely destroys.
Agree, but reflect shouldn't be in the game, so your point should be moot.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

Not like GGG care about build diversity to remove reflet or make it fair for every build.
It would be cool if they made reflect dmg apply damage back as DOT, so you have chance to respond with potions (especialy if hiting mobs offscreen). Still it would be super DOT damage in some cases and again instant life leech would trivialize it.

They need to remove both, instant life leech and reflect in one go.
Also would be cool if they did something with the potion spaming - I hate when I got some mechanic in game that give "short time buff" with I can use 24/7 anyway. Just make it permament or make it really situational use.

So u want more nerf to melee?
Couse i cant wait to play my 1 attack per 2 second lacerate!!!!!

That would be MORE fun for sure
"
DDusk wrote:
So u want more nerf to melee?
Couse i cant wait to play my 1 attack per 2 second lacerate!!!!!

That would be MORE fun for sure

Oh wow, you completely missed the fact that it has nothing to do in melee in particular, and that it is nothing like a nerf ( did you even read what has been said here ? I doubt it, it looks like you just come uninformed, not willing to actually participate and just flamm / troll, good job ).

The fact that you just used "melee [...] lacerate" is probably the funniest thing, I will simply /facepalm I guess, nothing more to do here.

So if you have nothing else than this toxic behaviour to bring here, you are welcome to forget about this thread.

"
herflik wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

Not like GGG care about build diversity to remove reflet or make it fair for every build.
It would be cool if they made reflect dmg apply damage back as DOT, so you have chance to respond with potions (especialy if hiting mobs offscreen). Still it would be super DOT damage in some cases and again instant life leech would trivialize it.

They need to remove both, instant life leech and reflect in one go.
Also would be cool if they did something with the potion spaming - I hate when I got some mechanic in game that give "short time buff" with I can use 24/7 anyway. Just make it permament or make it really situational use.

The dot thing would also advantage life over ES, which is kinda needed atm, so why not.
Pretty much agree here, I still think that having a mechanics similar to reflect so that people don't just zerg everything without thinking is a good thing for the game.
The way it is now might not be the best, that's for sure.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 6, 2016, 11:19:14 PM
I kinda +1 this in general just cuz the speed thing seems, if not "out of control", then definitely on the verge.

I'd probably feel slightly better about it if i had a more capable PC but still, it's getting kinda ridiculous and unfun. Trying to "party" and ppl are zipping so fast all over the map the party is quickly split up 6 different ways. :| What is this?
"
Fruz wrote:
If you have examples where slow hitting builds are better than with high attack speed ( apart from EQ ) that I missed, please go ahead and throw them here, I'll edit this post.

Non stackable DoT effects: ignite, bleed.
And I also like slow heavy strikes.
"
LeadRaven wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
If you have examples where slow hitting builds are better than with high attack speed ( apart from EQ ) that I missed, please go ahead and throw them here, I'll edit this post.

Also take in account that 100k dps of slow peaced build is more than 100k dps of fast hiting build.
Simply because armor reduction removing much more from the fast hiting one.
"
LeadRaven wrote:

We are speaking of attacks here ....
So appart from a very Niche ele prolif burning arrow character maybe, there isn't much about this ( EA uses burning too, but is all about attack speed ).
I have yet to see a good bleeding build that does not use a lot of attack speed at all, I guess that's possible tho.

Now about slow heavy strike ..... it's still less optimized than a fast heavy strike.

"
herflik wrote:

Also take in account that 100k dps of slow peaced build is more than 100k dps of fast hiting build.
Simply because armor reduction removing much more from the fast hiting one.

That would be true if monster had armour ..... which isn't the case.
( I think that armoured monsters just have a flat physical reduction modifier )
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
what s the deal with reflect? if its slow you have time to see the reflect mob coming at you anyway. It is only a problem if you are slow and use a ranged skill.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info