Gloom Armour and Wings on Sale Now!

"
neonive wrote:
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
GGG has been slackin' lately for special holiday MTXs. Very disappointing.

And Thanksgiving...What else is there to do after Pilgrim hat?

A Roasted 'turkey' Rhoa helmet mtx :P

Honestly I don't know why they dont do remixes of older mtx, changing the texture and the color of the particle effects.
If you look at what they do with skill/weapon/aura mtx, they already do tons of recolors.

Something like a Ghostflame themed pumpkin helmet mtx would be significantly different than the old pumpkin head mtx.
As the game grows and gets more new players, I think its an inevitable business decision for them to consider doing remixed mtx that are significantly different than previous limited edition ones so they can monetize newer players.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
LoL @ those prices, aren't you even a little bit ashamed honestly..? :o

"Thank you for the support!"
one way to thank your customers would be to lower your pathetic prices in stead of blatantly ripping them off, it's not like you're doing anything good with it anyway.
IGN: Bluntexile
Last edited by Bluntexile on Oct 29, 2016, 1:13:15 PM
"
"
neonive wrote:
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
GGG has been slackin' lately for special holiday MTXs. Very disappointing.

And Thanksgiving...What else is there to do after Pilgrim hat?

A Roasted 'turkey' Rhoa helmet mtx :P

Something like a Ghostflame themed pumpkin helmet mtx would be significantly different than the old pumpkin head mtx.

That's actually a great idea!
"
Bluntexile wrote:
LoL @ those prices, aren't you even a little bit ashamed honestly..? :o

"Thank you for the support!"
one way to thank your customers would be to lower your pathetic prices in stead of blatantly ripping them off, it's not like you're doing anything good with it anyway.

Maybe if you bought a support pack you could buy the Gloom Wings and have points left to spend?
I guess they have been to busy working on other stuff to worry about a Halloween MTX this yr. I wish they wouldent have the holiday MTX's exclusive, id love to have the hand pet and the headless armor.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
BADWOLF619 wrote:
REALLY?!! WOW, Nice. Thanks. Love it when I spend lots of hard earned money on cool mtx's and then they go on sale shortly after. Seems to happen a lot, and there already way to expensive if you break it down. I love this game and I like to support it but some of this is ridiculous.

Rofl, the cries indeed never ends. Just imagine the ones who bought the armour pack and the wings yesterday, or the ones who burned their points on boxes, you're no special snowflake.

When i saw that darkness mystery box back in june i knew i would buy most of those, i have been patient and now i've been rewarded for it. That's how smart/poor people do, deal with it.
Last edited by HyP_ on Oct 29, 2016, 4:20:44 PM
"
qwerty234 wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
"
Stlan wrote:
Could we get a discount on the gloom items separately as well? And not only on the whole set? For those who got parts of the set already from mystery boxes...

For those "it's too expensive" - nobody forces you to buy anything. Buy cheap mtxes or pay extra to look extra. Don't wanna drop you $ to the game? Don't do it. There are better ways to spend your money. Or buy just stash tabs if you wanna support GGG. It's best value for $ GGG offers anyway.

For those who always say - "nobody forces you to buy anything, etc."

Just imagine if the wings were 100 points, instead of 290. More people would buy them.

100 people for 290, or 1000 people (including me) for 100? Which is better for "supporting" the developers? Just do the math.

show me your study, methodology and numbers and similar use case based on which you created your idea about better profitability for GGG. I am sure Chris and others would be delighted to see your business plan for future PoE development.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
qwerty234 wrote:
For those who always say - "nobody forces you to buy anything, etc."

Just imagine if the wings were 100 points, instead of 290. More people would buy them.

100 people for 290, or 1000 people (including me) for 100? Which is better for "supporting" the developers? Just do the math.

Imagine they lower the prices to a 1/3 of what they are now and twice as many people bought them. Suddenly it's not such a good idea, right? That's why they don't do it.

People with your argument always imply, or state out-right, that such a change would work in GGG's favour. Okay, well where's the evidence of that? What studies have you looked at? What market research have you performed? If you want GGG to listen to you - offer proof.

GGG already have proof that their current pricing strategy brings in enough money for them to pay their staff, maintain the servers and continue development on the game. To change that is a risk and they need overwhelming evidence it would be a good move before they'd even consider taking that risk. It's on you to prove yourself correct, not on others to prove you wrong.

Have you considered how the people who've already supported the game would feel? It's inevitable that things go on sale, that prices change over time... but a sudden shift to everything being drastically cheaper? That means we spent hundreds of euros on things worth dozens of euros. How many people would refuse to support the game again out of spite? Does the (alleged) increase in sales make up for losing those people? Oh, didn't bother thinking about that?

Chris has a responsibility to the staff he has hired at GGG to make safe business decisions in the interests of the company so they've a steady stream of revenue with which he can pay them (amongst other expenses). It's totally okay to want lower prices - and to say as much. But please stop blinding assuming you know more about GGG than GGG does.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I'll offer 5 bucks for the whole set. Yikes! I just realized that on sale this kit is over $60! That's loony-bin level craziness! :D
"
neonive wrote:
Theres only so many things to be done.

Witch hat, done
Severed Head, done
Severed Hand, done
Pumpkin Head, done

There's always room for more ideas, especially for Halloween when the theme fits the overall dark tone of PoE so well! Take these for example:

-Swarm of bats pet (would go nicely with the vampiric armour set, weapon effect and footprint effect)
-Half-corpse back attachment (upper half of rotted corpse. arms flop (maybe even missing one), head sways side to side, loose entrails dangle. leaves trail of blood like a blood worm pet as you move)
-Hood of Nightmares (Replaces the appearance of a piece of headgear with a hooded cowl. No face, no skull, just blackness where the head should be seen. Every few seconds bizarre, fleshy appendages creep out like the alien grass in the Belly of the Beast)

Whether these could be done or not, I don't know, but there are certainly a plethora of other ideas out there besides what is already in-game.
"
"
neonive wrote:
Theres only so many things to be done.

Witch hat, done
Severed Head, done
Severed Hand, done
Pumpkin Head, done

There's always room for more ideas, especially for Halloween when the theme fits the overall dark tone of PoE so well! Take these for example:

-Swarm of bats pet (would go nicely with the vampiric armour set, weapon effect and footprint effect)
-Half-corpse back attachment (upper half of rotted corpse. arms flop (maybe even missing one), head sways side to side, loose entrails dangle. leaves trail of blood like a blood worm pet as you move)
-Hood of Nightmares (Replaces the appearance of a piece of headgear with a hooded cowl. No face, no skull, just blackness where the head should be seen. Every few seconds bizarre, fleshy appendages creep out like the alien grass in the Belly of the Beast)

Whether these could be done or not, I don't know, but there are certainly a plethora of other ideas out there besides what is already in-game.

I like your ideas!! Wish they would use them.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info