75% of 360 = 270

WTF?

I don't understand this post.

Gloom wings are on sale for 290.
Last edited by NetherPrime on Oct 29, 2016, 9:21:56 AM
"
chuuchuu wrote:
Guess no witch hat this year :(

The witch hats were sold last yr and were exclusive to last yr's Halloween MTX, and they wont be sold again.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Romulas19 wrote:
"
chuuchuu wrote:
Guess no witch hat this year :(

The witch hats were sold last yr and were exclusive to last yr's Halloween MTX, and they wont be sold again.

yup, but where is this years halloween mtx? i was pretty bummed the team did absolutely nothing for halloween. :(
GGG has been slackin' lately for special holiday MTXs. Very disappointing.
Last edited by BEASTFSHO on Oct 29, 2016, 12:20:41 PM
About the option to arrange the MTX stash, are you have any notice?

About the items of halloween, are will they for sale this year?
Last edited by ulkbodao on Oct 29, 2016, 12:29:31 PM
REALLY?!! WOW, Nice. Thanks. Love it when I spend lots of hard earned money on cool mtx's and then they go on sale shortly after. Seems to happen a lot, and there already way to expensive if you break it down. I love this game and I like to support it but some of this is ridiculous.
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
GGG has been slackin' lately for special holiday MTXs. Very disappointing.

Theres only so many things to be done.

Witch hat, done
Severed Head, done
Severed Hand, done
Pumpkin Head, done

And Thanksgiving...What else is there to do after Pilgrim hat?

Watch them release Santa Hats this year haha

"
BADWOLF619 wrote:
REALLY?!! WOW, Nice. Thanks. Love it when I spend lots of hard earned money on cool mtx's and then they go on sale shortly after. Seems to happen a lot, and there already way to expensive if you break it down. I love this game and I like to support it but some of this is ridiculous.

The laws of RNG.

The longer something is not on sale, the sooner it will be.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
TerryWoT wrote:
125% of 290 = 362,5
75% of 360 = 270

WTF?

It's an example of some one not understanding the math. They're basically trying to go from the discounted price of 290 for the Gloom Wings back up to the original price (which was 390), then testing the math to make sure it works, and finding out the new discounted value is lower than the original discounted price. They got 362.5 instead of 390. Using 360, 75% of that is lower than the 290, they're realizing there's something wrong. I don't know if they have a guess as to what is wrong at this point though.

The % discount is 25%, but it's not exactly 25%, it's a bit more. 25.641% is the actual discount. They decided to take the discounted price and multiply by 100% + the discounted amount (25%, so 125%) to try and get the original price. Obviously that doesn't work, since 25% of a number other than the original, is not going to be the same amount as 25% of the original. 100 at 25% off is 75, but 75 * 125% is 93.75, or 94 if rounded up. To get back to the original number, you'd have to use 133.333...% as the multiplier. So, using the original 25.641% discount, the multiplier needed is 134.483%. 290 * 134.483% puts you back at the original 390. From there, testing 390 * 74.359%, you get 290. This is basically where they were trying to go, but didn't understand how the math works.

Edit: Added a couple words for clarity.
Last edited by KageNoOni on Oct 29, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
"
NetherPrime wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
TerryWoT wrote:
125% of 290 = 362,5
75% of 360 = 270

WTF?

Gloom wings are on sale for 290.

Yeah I know, but their regular price is 390.

Not only that, but 75%/125% is not how you would compare the differences on a sale price that is 75% of the original, it'd be 75%/133%.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info