[3.0] crit 1h flicker, 1kk+ dps, amazing map farmer

"
Chuck_Florist wrote:
Hi, I am trying this build out in the new league and I am just having a really rough time getting my crit chance up, currently it is at 40 or so percent? if you could take a look and help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Im pretty new to the game so pointers are appreciated by anyone.

You'll get 20+20+50 crit chance with daggers with nightstalker passive
"
ironfrank wrote:
hello, i have a new dagger and i wanted to question what the best entchant for him is.

0.6-0.8 pdmg as life leech
8%-22% ele dmg with weapons
or light, cold, fire dmg ?
WeD will be a good option
or u can exalt it and hope for %phys dmg + accuracy
"
k1mmo wrote:
Hi!

I really like this build but it feels like I'm lacking alot of dmg (got around 10-12k sheet dps with Herald of ash + hatred) Could you check my Gear/tree when you've got time? I haven't been Lucky with Enchants yet and haven't done uber lab either. :)
Dude, your char page is private
Sorry! I think it's public now :(

Got my dmg up abit by getting another jewel socket and I just 6 linked the chest, been trying since the league start. And I vendored all gems linked with flicker for +20% quality. I hope that will do it.
Last edited by k1mmo on Mar 30, 2017, 4:42:43 AM
"
k1mmo wrote:
Sorry! I think it's public now :(

Got my dmg up abit by getting another jewel socket and I just 6 linked the chest, been trying since the league start. And I vendored all gems linked with flicker for +20% quality. I hope that will do it.
yeah, this will help you with dmg boost
also try to get rings with 300+ accuracy and flat phys
and change your belt to belt with WED
i lvld my master and now i can entchant my dagger with bleeding on hit, but i guess WeD is better
Last edited by ironfrank on Mar 30, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Hey guys.

So, this is the first build I actually follow and I'm having some problems.

I feel my character is a little squishy, and not doing that much damage.

Can anyone take a look and tell me what can I improve or which gear should I buy, or change?

I was using a 300 pdps dagger(with a 6.5 crit chance) but a friend told me Bino's was better, so I changed it.

My avg damage with the 300 pdps is 7,5k and with Bino's is like 8,3k.

My characters are visible to the public and I'm thankful for any help.
"
Thanaryas wrote:
Hey guys.

Can anyone take a look and tell me what can I improve or which gear should I buy, or change?

48% helm is bad. Try to get one that is 40-44% at worst. If you get a GG helm enchant, divine it a few times until you get over 210% crit multi and belot 44% inc damage taken.

Legacy Lighting Coils aren't that much. You can even get a 6 link for like 6-8ex. I just sold mine with decent rolls for 7ex.

Shadows and Dust are a luxury item if you aren't dying a lot. Since it's easy to get high evasion + life gloves to survive longer. It's fun to use, but not that insane. Just run Rampage leaguestones...

Run Fortify on whirling blades. Try to whirl through a mob every 10 seconds to keep it up.

'get gud' and level. 99% of the time when someone says 'I die lots!' I just know they are below level 90 and prioritized damage on tree over life. Buy 6 regrets, and put 6 points into life. Fill out the wheel on the bottom of the tree that you missed, and the wheel up north. That's 28% increased life for you to not get 1 shot with 3.3k life.

"
Thanaryas wrote:
I was using a 300 pdps dagger(with a 6.5 crit chance) but a friend told me Bino's was better, so I changed it.

PDPS is useless for flicker. USELESS! Attack speed changes pdps and attack speed does nothing for the damage towards flicker. Literally. It has a few benefits with the animations and whirling blades in general, but should not be used as the metric.

Binos is garbage. How are you poisoning? I see no way you are poisoning while killing. And with flicker, you want to insta-kill mobs. Not tick them down with poison. It could work if you wanted to run snakebites... but it has huge drawbacks and is overall just a bad setup since Frenzy eats charges.

Binos is basically

70-221 phys damage 146 average hit

9.32 crit

235 pdps - again, useless.

So let's lookup a dagger with 140+ average damage. And high crit. The crit multi is trivial with this build because you can easily hit like 500% crit multi...

Mark of Doubt pops up of course. A little lower crit, but poisons and bleeds for free, which can be nice to clear low map bosses quicker.

It's about 225 physical damage hit.

6.5% crit.

You're jumping almost 100 base attack damage at the loss of 3% crit. Yes please. And 10 to all res. It's not that great overall, but Binos is just bad. I tried one for fun and compared it to a 200 phys hit dagger and it was just bad. Tons of white mobs not instantly dying.

poe.trade - 200 physical damage minimum - Daagger - Rare - Results

Options start at 1c. Need crit? Toss in 7-8% minimum - Options start at 5-10c.
"
humenbean wrote:
"
Thanaryas wrote:
Hey guys.

48% helm is bad. Try to get one that is 40-44% at worst. If you get a GG helm enchant, divine it a few times until you get over 210% crit multi and belot 44% inc damage taken.

Legacy Lighting Coils aren't that much. You can even get a 6 link for like 6-8ex. I just sold mine with decent rolls for 7ex.

Shadows and Dust are a luxury item if you aren't dying a lot. Since it's easy to get high evasion + life gloves to survive longer. It's fun to use, but not that insane. Just run Rampage leaguestones...

Run Fortify on whirling blades. Try to whirl through a mob every 10 seconds to keep it up.

'get gud' and level. 99% of the time when someone says 'I die lots!' I just know they are below level 90 and prioritized damage on tree over life. Buy 6 regrets, and put 6 points into life. Fill out the wheel on the bottom of the tree that you missed, and the wheel up north. That's 28% increased life for you to not get 1 shot with 3.3k life.

"
Thanaryas wrote:

PDPS is useless for flicker. USELESS! Attack speed changes pdps and attack speed does nothing for the damage towards flicker. Literally. It has a few benefits with the animations and whirling blades in general, but should not be used as the metric.

Binos is garbage. How are you poisoning? I see no way you are poisoning while killing. And with flicker, you want to insta-kill mobs. Not tick them down with poison. It could work if you wanted to run snakebites... but it has huge drawbacks and is overall just a bad setup since Frenzy eats charges.

Binos is basically

70-221 phys damage 146 average hit

9.32 crit

235 pdps - again, useless.

So let's lookup a dagger with 140+ average damage. And high crit. The crit multi is trivial with this build because you can easily hit like 500% crit multi...

Mark of Doubt pops up of course. A little lower crit, but poisons and bleeds for free, which can be nice to clear low map bosses quicker.

It's about 225 physical damage hit.

6.5% crit.

You're jumping almost 100 base attack damage at the loss of 3% crit. Yes please. And 10 to all res. It's not that great overall, but Binos is just bad. I tried one for fun and compared it to a 200 phys hit dagger and it was just bad. Tons of white mobs not instantly dying.

poe.trade - 200 physical damage minimum - Daagger - Rare - Results

Options start at 1c. Need crit? Toss in 7-8% minimum - Options start at 5-10c.

I bought the Mark of Doubt, and then a 5C dagger.

My avg. damage is 13,4k now. My resists are capped, and I only have 1 ex.

Is it better to use a good 6L armour, and wait till I get 3 ex to buy a 6L lightning coil, or should I stick with the 5L one?

My belt, rings, amulet are fine? I'll work onto the low part of the tree.
"
Thanaryas wrote:

Is it better to use a good 6L armour, and wait till I get 3 ex to buy a 6L lightning coil, or should I stick with the 5L one?

After looking at your page again, you seem to be missing some really, really basic stuff about the game. I would suggest taking a step back and learning more of the basics. Don't take this too harshly, there's just some big red flags.

* You didn't quality half of your stuff, including your weapon. Your damage is your weapon + everything else. That's basically a 10% dps gain.

* Still using a 48% helm. You really need to get a lower one. Below 44% Above 200% crit multi is the nice combo.

* Jewelry is fine. Phys Damage / WED / Resists / Life / Accuracy.

* I'd probably put % evasion on your shield until you are more confident and dying less. 500+ evasion on a shield will give you about a 6% extra chance to dodge attacks. And you forgot to quality that too.

* I don't know why OP recommended the green dream. I'm clearing T11-13s with junk items (IIQ gear) and a 5 link. I have literally no problem gaining frenzy charges with blood rage and blasphemy Poacker's Mark running.

* Your CWDT setup is pretty bad. You don't want to level CWDT. If you look at OP's setup, lvl 1 cwdt and gems that will with with lvl 1 CWDT. That will make it so even taking a small hit, will trigger immortal call.

* Still haven't done uber lab.

* etc.

I don't know. You have to start looking at a build and trying to figure out why someone does something. Why do I have a lvl 19 CWDT when OP has a lvl 1? Why are his items +quality? Why is his helm 44% and mine is 48%? I didn't finish uber lab yet, how is that hurting my build?

There's also a few things OP goes into that sort of spiral into nothingness. I might build on his guide and write a better one that's more functional. The helm enchant isn't even needed for the build. Ran it with and without for a week and didn't notice any difference after a hundred or so strands. Maybe if you're chaining T16s... but this is a terrible build for that. This build shines by chaining T11-13s.

Start figuring out how to spot the differences in your builds and how they can hurt you. If you can't figure that stuff out sooner or later, you'll endlessly be sitting here asking questions as to why you're dying, not doing enough damage, etc.
"
humenbean wrote:
"
Thanaryas wrote:

After looking at your page again, you seem to be missing some really, really basic stuff about the game. I would suggest taking a step back and learning more of the basics. Don't take this too harshly, there's just some big red flags.

* You didn't quality half of your stuff, including your weapon. Your damage is your weapon + everything else. That's basically a 10% dps gain.

* Still using a 48% helm. You really need to get a lower one. Below 44% Above 200% crit multi is the nice combo.

* Jewelry is fine. Phys Damage / WED / Resists / Life / Accuracy.

* I'd probably put % evasion on your shield until you are more confident and dying less. 500+ evasion on a shield will give you about a 6% extra chance to dodge attacks. And you forgot to quality that too.

* I don't know why OP recommended the green dream. I'm clearing T11-13s with junk items (IIQ gear) and a 5 link. I have literally no problem gaining frenzy charges with blood rage and blasphemy Poacker's Mark running.

* Your CWDT setup is pretty bad. You don't want to level CWDT. If you look at OP's setup, lvl 1 cwdt and gems that will with with lvl 1 CWDT. That will make it so even taking a small hit, will trigger immortal call.

* Still haven't done uber lab.

* etc.

I don't know. You have to start looking at a build and trying to figure out why someone does something. Why do I have a lvl 19 CWDT when OP has a lvl 1? Why are his items +quality? Why is his helm 44% and mine is 48%? I didn't finish uber lab yet, how is that hurting my build?

There's also a few things OP goes into that sort of spiral into nothingness. I might build on his guide and write a better one that's more functional. The helm enchant isn't even needed for the build. Ran it with and without for a week and didn't notice any difference after a hundred or so strands. Maybe if you're chaining T16s... but this is a terrible build for that. This build shines by chaining T11-13s.

Start figuring out how to spot the differences in your builds and how they can hurt you. If you can't figure that stuff out sooner or later, you'll endlessly be sitting here asking questions as to why you're dying, not doing enough damage, etc.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Like I said, I'm a beginner, my other character didn't got very far.

I did the quality thing, bought the new 40% phys taken abyssus for 10C, and I haven't done uber lab because I haven't really done all of the Trials.

I changed the gems too, and I'll look for a better shield.

Thanks again, and I would be happy if you write a better detailed guide. You write in a more elaborated manner than OP, and you actually took your time to help me.
Last edited by Thanaryas on Apr 3, 2017, 9:13:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info