Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
livejamie wrote:
How does this compare to KOTF?

Well, just glancing over KoTF, I can see it just took a hit with yet another Reach of the Council nerf and GGG doubled down and hit it with a Drillneck nerf. I can imagine whenever he/she updates the thread it will be mentioned. I'm sure that hurts damage quite a bit. The main mechanic of that build is the double dipping on poison damage, which GGG has already said they are removing double dipping in 3.0. With these two things in mind I can say it may work good for those who want a ranged build with lots of life and good damage in 2.6 but I can't be positive if the build lives or dies with 3.0.

The two build concepts themselves go in different directions though, as they did mention in their thread KoTF isn't one of the Rat's Nest crit squishy builds, where mine is. So I would say it comes down to preference, would you want high life and easy survivability or something that can deal out some damage and freeze/shatter enemies.
"
littledexxy wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Is Blast Rain better than Barrage for single target?

Yes it is undoubtedly. Barrage is just a starter before getting Blast Rain.

Both are actually relatively even but with the weapon elemental damage nodes and extra conversion added to the Ranger's side of the tree Blast Rain does pull out ahead now.
"
Kostyan1996 wrote:
What about Doomfletch Prism as main bow? It looks like BiS bow.

This bow is kind of lackluster, it only works in builds that modify all elemental damage heavily where I only modify Cold heavily. Also its based on the weapons physical damage which is very low compared to even decently roll rares at endgame.
"
Dryvnt wrote:
Is Pathfinder an option? I'm in no way an expert on this game, but isn't Master Alchemist (and Veteran Bowyer, if you can justify taking it over Master Surgeon) really strong for elemental-based builds? There's also that new flask for 20% cold pen if you the resist. And there is, of course, the usual elemental damage flasks. Seems to me like Pathfinder should be a shoe in. Is there something I'm missing?

This is possible to add as an option, even though I don't like the concept behind Pathfinder. Master Alchemist seems redundant when compared to Radier's Avatar of Veil since they effectively do the same thing but with Raider you dont have to actively pay attention to timers hardly at all. Master Surgeon has the very nice bonus to give all flasks bleed removal but it's really not all that great when you can just roll it on a flask.

The Pro's of it is Reduced Elemental damage taken, gain charges passively and chance to not consome charges, a little extra damage, penetration, extra charges on kill when chilled/frozen, extra attack speed, and increased recovery from life flasks. All of these are great but the question is can they measure up against the huge damage bonuses the other two give.

I think I'd rather leave this to the community to say if they would like it added rather than say yes or no myself. I don't like having to keep flasks up all the time and that's where Pathfinder gets all the bonuses so I wouldn't have considered it myself.
"
livejamie wrote:
"
littledexxy wrote:
"
lecoopsta wrote:
Xeno

So are you supposed to be using Deadeye or Raider? The skill trees have differing ascendancies.

Deadeye for most people. Raider is just additional for preference.

What are the pros/cons?

I put the Raider in the Frenzy charge tree because I assumed most people looking at that one would go Raider over Deadeye, it's just ease of use for those who did that.

The difference between the two is just the Frenzy charges themselves, Raider generates more of them and easier than Deadeye and Deadeye has better damage when neither have charges so it has an easier time when you find yourself stuck in a long empty place and would normally lose all charges.
"
RabzH wrote:
what do you think about the new jewel ?

worth getting 2 jewel slots for it?

I don't like pierce so I asked my friend who loves using it. I told him the bonuses one at a time to hear his response to each.

He said the he thought the damage increase against chilled enemies was okay and it was too bad it wasn't cold damage like most other jewels give.

He loved the idea about the AoE since it would go really well with Deadeye's Endless Munitions for increasing the AoE even though I over look that since I don't think its game changing.

Then I got to the last bonus that everyone is talking about. Full Pierce with 2 jewels. He said this was the worst part of the jewel and Ice Shot is one of those skills that just works better with Chain because the secondary effect is directionally challenged unlike other skills like Spark or Lightning Arrow which just gets full benefit.

If they either removed the Pierce or changed it to Fork or Chain this jewel would be amazeballs but with the Pierce on it, it's just kind of lackluster and only useful to those who can't live without Pierce.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
RabzH wrote:

I don't like pierce so I asked my friend who loves using it. I told him the bonuses one at a time to hear his response to each.

He said the he thought the damage increase against chilled enemies was okay and it was too bad it wasn't cold damage like most other jewels give.

He loved the idea about the AoE since it would go really well with Deadeye's Endless Munitions for increasing the AoE even though I over look that since I don't think its game changing.

Then I got to the last bonus that everyone is talking about. Full Pierce with 2 jewels. He said this was the worst part of the jewel and Ice Shot is one of those skills that just works better with Chain because the secondary effect is directionally challenged unlike other skills like Spark or Lightning Arrow which just gets full benefit.

If they either removed the Pierce or changed it to Fork or Chain this jewel would be amazeballs but with the Pierce on it, it's just kind of lackluster and only useful to those who can't live without Pierce.

alright thanks for answering, btw why does op use blast rain instead of barrage? isnt barrage like alot stronger?

i guess ill just throw 1 jewel in and ill maybe replace it when i could get a really good rare jewel
"
RabzH wrote:
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
RabzH wrote:

alright thanks for answering, btw why does op use blast rain instead of barrage? isnt barrage like alot stronger?

i guess ill just throw 1 jewel in and ill maybe replace it when i could get a really good rare jewel

Answered literally a few posts above
livejamie

Answered literally a few posts above[/quote]

i thought blast rain works best with fire not cold damage, but idk can you explain what gives blast rain more power than barrage?
I'm using the Raider ascendancy of this build, I'm just wondering if the weapons used here would be same as deadeye?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info