[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
Kostyan1996 wrote:
"
Azimuthus wrote:
"
(Not required to be 6 link)

More noob question: why not required? Can I have it like 5 linked and 6th is not linked? Or no links (or random links) at all? What gem should I place in non-linked socket?

Well, obviously, more links = better damage. At least 5 link recommended.
---
Omg, Ice Shot Jewel announced!

I'll tackle both of these at once :)

Some builds require the 6 link to work so that is kind of like a disclaimer. This build will work on a 4 link but will get very weak as you start pushing into maps making the 5 link more important to keep the power level, and as you get up there 6 link makes it feel better, but isn't absolutely required.

I saw that jewel and my knee jerk reaction was "That's F***ing terrible", but as I think about it it could be nice for a pierce build if you wanted to go that route.

For a Chaining build that jewel will break the build because you can only Chain or Pierce on hit so if it pierces it will just continue straight and not auto target another enemy.

The AoE is meh, I don't think it will have much effect unless you stack two and take the Deadeye's Endless Munitions.

The implicit is decent because frozen targets are considered chilled as well but that still requires you to have taken a shot before giving you damage whereas other jewels give their skill straight up elemental damage which seems unfair.
Okay, I see, thank you both. BUT still you didn't answer: what gem/gems should I drop if I have, lets say, only 3 links, 4 links, or, finally, 5 links "linked"? That is, if to put it another way - what gems are the most important from these two 6-sockets lists?

Also forgot to ask: vs bosses I use Blast Rain only - Am I right here?
Last edited by Azimuthus on Mar 3, 2017, 1:35:30 PM
"
Azimuthus wrote:
Okay, I see, thank you both. BUT still you didn't answer: what gem/gems should I drop if I have, lets say, only 3 links, 4 links, or, finally, 5 links "linked"? That is, if to put it another way - what gems are the most important from these two 6-sockets lists?

Also forgot to ask: vs bosses I use Blast Rain only - Am I right here?

As far as right now they are listed in order of importance, I may update them after I test for a bit since an earlier post is correct that Weapon Elemental Damage support will be great to have now instead of Added Cold Damage and they may be other changes.

I fire Ice Shot sometimes at bosses because it drops chilled ground at their feet which will slow their initial actions but in general yes Blast Rain will be the boss fighting skill.
Aha, I see - thanks a lot again, very helpful ,)
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I have been given time to go over the trees and change them waiting for 2.6 update. I have only edited the max trees as of this post I will update from top tree down until server goes live.

Edit: Finished all trees and changed Deadeye Ascendancy, since it was brought to my attention the build deals no physical damage and there fore can't proc bleed with Rupture anymore.
Last edited by Xenovenom on Mar 3, 2017, 2:24:26 PM
What about The Pandemonius Jade Amulet though? It looks fitting in this build, especially cold penetration.
"
Kostyan1996 wrote:
What about The Pandemonius Jade Amulet though? It looks fitting in this build, especially cold penetration.

The Halcyon is better since it increases damage across the board after you have killed a frozen enemy and cold penetration is only really helpful when it comes to bosses where we would use Blast Rain, It only has 40% cold damage with the conversion which makes it less useful.
So I did a test on my standard character and the build feelt a bit lackluster. The scaling just isn't sufficient without the additional 60% we are gonna get. I didn't feel like I learned a lot from it. Here is what I found out:
1) Chain is absolutely a must for quick pack clearing. It helps A LOT. However, I cannot say for sure if just 1 chain from the ascendancy will be enough. I think so, provided we have enough damage elsewhere.
2) Just 4 projectiles is not enough. We need LMP or GMP. I tested it on my legacy reach as a 4 link to compensate for the damage and it worked much better and seemed enough (so GMP not mandatory). Again, need to test if 1 projectile from ascendancy can be enough but for now I'm gonna say no - you need LMP. I think GMP is a bit of an overkill, unless you are using a bow other than Opus.
3) I froze very little. Monsters mostly either died immediately or didn't freeze. I am hoping with full conversion it will be better.
4) You can actually clear a T12-13 map very easily... until you get to the boss and then it becomes a horrible pain. Single target skill is mandatory.
5) You can reach 4K life and capped resistance with decent gear. Getting to 5K and 165% res is very, very hard and very expensive IMO.

This convinced me that the build should be viable at least until T14 (inclusive) with all the "buffs" to mechanics we use, provided you can get your hands on an Opus. I haven't tested it with other bows, except my 350 pDPS legacy reach (just for shits and giggles). THAT could just burst down T12 bosses before flasks ran out (chain replaced with WED). In other words, if our scaling is good enough with the 100% conversion, we should be able to deal with bosses reasonably well. That said, I still felt like paper and just a bit of bad RNG can kill you even if you deal a ton of damage.
Hardcore = absolutely out of the question.
"
Silanah wrote:

1) Chain is absolutely a must for quick pack clearing. It helps A LOT.

2)I think GMP is a bit of an overkill, unless you are using a bow other than Opus.

3) I froze very little. Monsters mostly either died immediately or didn't freeze.

4) You can actually clear a T12-13 map very easily... until you get to the boss and then it becomes a horrible pain. Single target skill is mandatory.

5) You can reach 4K life and capped resistance with decent gear. Getting to 5K and 165% res is very, very hard and very expensive IMO.

This convinced me that the build should be viable at least until T14 (inclusive) with all the "buffs" to mechanics we use, provided you can get your hands on an Opus.

Hardcore = absolutely out of the question.

I just wanted to highlight a few of these because it helps when more people post actual tests they have done with the build than players just ranting how much they hate the idea without having played it.

1. Yea its fantastic, I love it more than pierce.
2. With Opus an LMP is perfect and needs nothing more, so I agree.
3. I had the opposite but that could be the difference in gear, so I can't say for sure.
4. Blast Rain is love, Blast Rain is life.
5. Yea people saw the video I posted and freaked out about my 2.9k life lol 4k is more average.

I have had some people alter the tree a bit and take it to hardcore and get well into maps with it, so it is possible but these are probably very skilled players doing it and I don't recommend it unless you are ready for some horrid bad deaths.
Xeno

So are you supposed to be using Deadeye or Raider? The skill trees have differing ascendancies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info