[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
tomslucky7 wrote:
"
tomay wrote:
Maybe you can make your character profile public so we can have a look at gear/tree?

Done. should be okay now. Didn't even know it was private to begin with.

Looks like you need some more life, your helmet firstoff.

Why do you have life/attack speed jewels? Fire damage and/or ignite instead of attack speed.
"
"
tomslucky7 wrote:
"
tomay wrote:
Maybe you can make your character profile public so we can have a look at gear/tree?

Done. should be okay now. Didn't even know it was private to begin with.

Looks like you need some more life, your helmet firstoff.

Why do you have life/attack speed jewels? Fire damage and/or ignite instead of attack speed.

I had to use an essence of hysteria on my helmet. I could craft more life on it, if that would work?

I went off of the jewels listed in the expensive build on the first page...
It's also stated in their video here: https://youtu.be/ZmCXbn1nL_U?t=8m43s
They're also placed in the passive tree they provided:
This is Major Tom to ground control.
Last edited by tomslucky7 on Dec 29, 2016, 7:00:24 PM
Yeah just craft some life on it, upgrade later when you get everything else pretty balanced, life is pretty important since we're taking extra % damage.

As for the jewels, you can stick with op's, but you can get plenty of attack speed from 2 mokou, not to mention the rest of the stat's aren't wasted on this build.

I guess if you feel like you need more than 3 whirling blades a second, then you can keep AS jewels, but I would council switching those.

Priority being somewhere along these lines...

Life 7%
Attributes/resistances until you have 151 dex/75-140 merc resist.
Ignite
Fire Damage
AS

Ofcourse you don't need "fire damage", you will still be efficient with any other global affix as well (Spell damage, area damage etc.)

My thought process for keeping balanced upgrades until you find Best in Slot gear is

Get 70+ health on available slots (Health and Str are you best boosts)
At least a sum value of 80-120 resists (chaos last if you're doing avatar of fire version)
Dex when needed (try to get all the dex you need on one piece)

From here I focus on leveling my gems to 20/20 or buy 20/20 gems. (I had no problems getting 20/20 on my own gems, the clear speed is tier one on this build.) Trying to get a good scepter is you best DPS boost you can get on gear, so that should be recommended next.

From there it's all about grabbing small upgrades, the more resists/attribute we get on gear clears up more jewel slots, which is probably your 2nd or 3rd highest dps boost. 6L armor is probably a close 3rd, but the cost of a good 6L makes getting upgrades in scepter/gems/jewels a higher priority.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 29, 2016, 7:21:30 PM
"
Yeah just craft some life on it, upgrade later when you get everything else pretty balanced, life is pretty important since we're taking extra % damage.

As for the jewels, you can stick with op's, but you can get plenty of attack speed from 2 mokou, not to mention the rest of the stat's aren't wasted on this build.

I guess if you feel like you need more than 3 whirling blades a second, then you can keep AS jewels, but I would council switching those.

Priority being somewhere along these lines...

Life 7%
Attributes/resistances until you have 151 dex/75-140 merc resist.
Ignite
Fire Damage
AS

Ofcourse you don't need "fire damage", you will still be efficient with any other global affix as well (Spell damage, area damage etc.)

My thought process for keeping balanced upgrades until you find Best in Slot gear is

Get 70+ health on available slots (Health and Str are you best boosts)
At least a sum value of 80-120 resists (chaos last if you're doing avatar of fire version)
Dex when needed (try to get all the dex you need on one piece)

From here I focus on leveling my gems to 20/20 or buy 20/20 gems. (I had no problems getting 20/20 on my own gems, the clear speed is tier one on this build.) Trying to get a good scepter is you best DPS boost you can get on gear, so that should be recommended next.

From there it's all about grabbing small upgrades, the more resists/attribute we get on gear clears up more jewel slots, which is probably your 2nd or 3rd highest dps boost. 6L armor is probably a close 3rd, but the cost of a good 6L makes getting upgrades in scepter/gems/jewels a higher priority.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!
This is Major Tom to ground control.
Looking for some info. My Scepter rolled with %Added Lighting Damage, and crafted flat fire damage on to it. Not sure how I should go about using this scepter for the highest potential and could somebody take a look at my skills. I'm sitting at about 6K HP and hoping to find a good way to raise that.
Last edited by TamotsuSan on Dec 30, 2016, 12:28:31 AM
"
TamotsuSan wrote:
Looking for some info. My Scepter rolled with %Added Lighting Damage, and crafted flat fire damage on to it. Not sure how I should go about using this scepter for the highest potential and could somebody take a look at my skills. I'm sitting at about 6K HP and hoping to find a good way to raise that.

You'll have to make your profile public.

But you should try to get all jewels 7%, Highest hp rolls with +str, Belly gives a nice boost if you have a lot of flat hp, kaoms even more so.

I'm at 7.6 with perfect Belly, so there's not too much more room for you or I to squeeze in.
Just made it public, my bad. I'm trying to save up for a Belly right now. Not looking forward to trying to get the correct colors :)
"
Just made it public, my bad. I'm trying to save up for a Belly right now. Not looking forward to trying to get the correct colors :)

I got mine from the Flesh of the Beast prophecy, they're selling for 5 to 7 chaos atm. I also 5L mine with another prophecy, The Jeweller's Touch goes for 19 to 20 chaos. I gave up on trying to color it BBBRG, so I settle for BBRRG.

The OP is right about this build making you feel invincible. My FPS is literally zero while in the breach, but I have never died in one up to t13 maps. I did my first uber izaro today and in the third room he one shotted me. Lesson learned.
"
TamotsuSan wrote:
could somebody take a look at my skills. I'm sitting at about 6K HP and hoping to find a good way to raise that.

Combat Stamina??? That's four passive skills for only 5% increased max life. Poor investment, Life Regeneration has no effect with Vaal Pact.

Profane Chemistry? Three passives for 12% increased max life isn't exactly great at this point either.

Exceptional Performance? Increased skill duration makes them blades spin a bit longer, that's all. Convenient for clearing but by no means essential.

With these ten skill points you can grab the entire Bloodless cluster, take the first two nodes of the Quick Recovery cluster and the socket next to it. That's a total of 38% max life, a net gain of 21% and you get another 6% from Quick Recovery with the next level up (I know what I just said about life regeneration but QR also increases the mana recovery rate, much more beneficial than flask life recovery rate from Profane Chemistry). After that should can take the remaining 8% max life at Barbarism and Juggernaut.

And see if you can improve on your jewels, you have lost a good chunk of damage and chance to ignite when you refunded Breath of Flames, look for applicable damage modifiers and/or chance to ignite as well as 7% max life.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 30, 2016, 6:07:00 PM
New player here. How do I cut across the berserker ascendancy node onto vaal pact? Will I be able to put points across it after Iv'e done uber labs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info