[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
micke101 wrote:
Hey i have a question.. What chest piece armor do u suggest instead of a tabula?

This question seems to be asked on every other page of this thread... :D

Kaom's Heart* offers the highest increase to our Life pool (and up to 40% increased Fire Damage), followed by The Rat Cage and Belly of the Beast. Failing that, any rare chest with lots of Life (maybe essenced with Greed) will help, armour and resistances are always a nice bonus.

And then there is The Brass Dome, however, it has no Life or Resistances and we only get 70% increased armour from the tree which isn't really enough to take full advantage if the insane amount of armour from this chest. But not taking extra damage from critical strikes makes it a viable choice nevertheless. As with all exclusively STR-based chests, the costs of colouring the sockets for our needs can be quite significant though.

*Kaom's Heart has no sockets so you will have to play without any active skills really, not that it matters much, clearing maps this way takes a bit longer but it is entirely possible if not boring. So ideally you want to have Kaom's Heart in reserve and switch chests for the really hard hitters in late game.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 18, 2016, 9:10:33 AM
"
cpdoom wrote:
I really love this build, I played it last season and this season too. I however have one question: Is the use of Blade Vortex in the helmet really the best choice? I realize it helps keep your BV at 20 stacks resulting in more hits, but other than that is there a reason for using it?

Also I have been considering going for Whispers of Doom and adding Enfeeble to the CWDT with Flammability, it's only 3 points to get it. I realize we'll get less CWDT-procs from monster dmg, but it should help against 1-hit kills, which still happen from time to time eventhough my gear is decent(7.2k hp and 4k+ armour).

You can try ditching the fire/burn nodes at the top of the tree. That's 5 nodes, and you need 3 at most to get Whispers of Doom. But as Tomay notes, it's better if you go the 4 node route to Whispers of Doom to get the increased effectiveness.

Personally, I ditched the CWDT setup in the gloves and those fire nodes in favor of Whispers of Doom. In it I have AA + Blasphemy + Flammability + Whatever. I run AA constantly/manually. In my case the Whatever happens to be a golem (Flame at the moment, but you can pick-and-choose your golem, or anything else; chaos is a solid choice for the extra physical reduction). I added/still use a curse in my high level CWDT in the boots. In my case, a Warlord's Mark, though again you can pick and choose; I like Warlord's for the extra stunning and the endurance charges, which equates to more physical reduction. But mostly I currently have Warlord's because I am very lazy about recoloring my gear. You are subsequently producing a slight reduction in hits and damage from the high damage CWDTs, but I have not noticed any drop-off in survivability. I can be dropped to a sliver by a boss and then instantly heal back up to full even like this, and the bosses and mooks are still rapidly melting.

You could experiment with the setup. I like Flammability as an Aura since the vast majority of our damage will happen within its radius, meaning that almost everything is Vulnerable to fire at all times resulting in a nice damage boost; no need for a CWDT to proc to cast it, and you can make it as high level as you want. The higher level and quality the better, for both the curse and Blasphemy. At full strength a Flammability aura (with the 4 node Whispers) will take off more than 50% fire resistance. The CWDT curse is then something of a matter of preference, and how difficult it is to get certain color combinations on your boots (I've been favoring Armor gear where possible, making it difficult to get more than two non-red sockets). Enfeeble is a solid choice, and so far Warlord's Mark has been very agreeable for me.

In any case, using a curse as an Aura is also nice because it is not subjected to curse reflection (Atziri's heal phase and Maelstrom of Chaos, for example). It's still subjected to Curse Immunity, of course. But if you don't want to you don't have to resocket gems or turn off the aura when dealing with curse reflection.

----

In other matters, I finally completed the Uber Lab. Somewhat conveniently, after I leveled and started doing high-risk activities I found the final trial I needed, and so added the Uber Lab to my set-up. The Lab can be a bit annoying when you're playing a Vaal Pact + Life build, since in sections heavy on traps but light on monsters you are wholly dependent upon your flasks. A few tips I picked up and employed to great effect:

Use things that up your physical reduction. Flasks such as the following, for example:

With both of these up I have a listed physical reduction of about 68%, compared to an unbuffed of 15%. Plus Arctic Armor's 13% less. With flasks up the saw blades, spikes, and other physical traps do about 22% of the damage they would have done without the flasks. The anti-bleed on one of the flasks is also desirable. Throw in a movement flask

and you can zip through those especially long sequences of traps without trying to figure out the perfect timing (which is sometimes impossible cause half of the trap sequence isn't even visible on the screen). Throw in two life flasks just in case, and you're in great shape for dealing with the traps. The build should be completely independent of flasks for non-boss fights. For boss fights still bring along your usual flask set-up, and switch them in before taking on Izaro/Argus. Of course, you will need to save some monsters around to charge them on! I did not find this to be a problem. The one time I was short on flask charges before the final Izaro fight, and the room I was in before the trial room had a ton of traps between me and the next set of monsters, there was conveniently another exit to another room I hadn't been in. Went in there, got the charges I needed, and relied on Izaro's spawns to get anything else I needed.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 18, 2016, 10:02:33 AM
Refunding the five passives for Breath of Flames is a quite interesting aspect... 45% increased damage is nothing to write home about and the 10% Chance to ignite can easily be mitigated with good Jewels. Looking at my tree, with these five passives I could grab two more max Life nodes (4% + 3%) and another jewels socket (left from Tirelsss with 16% incr Armour along the way), that's another 7% max life, 3% Chance to Ignite and one or two damage modifiers. This might well be worth it...
None of the Amulets are on hardcore breach? Was it only last season reward or something?
And how do you go about Regenerating life up to the Sword using the ancestral warchief+ Facebreaker/Quiver build for now, CWDT isn't really used it seems like til high 60's
Last edited by PwnageInc on Dec 18, 2016, 2:33:04 PM
Hi, im playing this build since esc league and im having so much fun.
Since today i have an 6l Belly. First time 6l except Tabula.
My Question now is if someone has an idea for 3b 2g 1r instead of 4b???
cause i really cant get 4 blues without leveling vorici.
atm i use culling strike instead of controlled destuction. is that a good option?
There is no meaningful green gem that goes well with Blade Vortex. Added Cold Damage is the best you can do but of course you will lose half of that right away (Avatar of Fire).

And why can't you level Vorici? One mission should be enough to get him to level 2 and claim his crafting bench. And at level 2 you have the cheapest method to colour your Belly available already. "Cheapest" method for a BBBBGR Belly being "At Least One Blue Socket" at an estimated cost of 780 Chromatic Orbs (according to the ever so popular Vorici Calculator).
... huh
i was sure that the Vorici Calc told me the cheapest method is 3B. But i was wrong. Thx to you i had a look again and saw youre right, cheapest is 1B so i have to try to colour it.
If it was 3B i had to lvl Vorici to 7 and thats far away from where i am...
Can you post a leveling tree guide for this build? And what ascendancies to take first.
Last edited by Keisuke102 on Dec 19, 2016, 1:03:43 AM
"
Keisuke102 wrote:
Can you post a leveling tree guide for this build? And what ascendancies to take first.

Traverse the tree fully grabbing life along the way as needed.

Focus on life and stats until level 70+ - Once you hit 68 and can use fire burst, the damage is just fine without skilltree buffs and you wont die constantly.

Get your ascendancy.

Get Overload, AoF and Vaal pact as soon as you get the fireburst weapon.

Enjoy care free AFK mapping. (lightning warp is decent to get around with in a CWDT setup and will help avoid damage when you're under 4k HP).

Guys... you seriously need to start using Vaal Cyclone.

So damn good in breaches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info