[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

I got one more question. Can I swap glacial cascade for something else? (in setup - cwdt + flammability + anger + glacial cascade)
"
Velynis wrote:
so first update, killed phoenix by replacing flam curse with enfeeble and running glitter disc. at 7.5k hp you cannot face tank his discharge so gtfo of he will kill you. killed first 4 bosses in shaper map, merv, spider, cursed king, cyclone guy. they were easy no way they could kill me. shaper on the other hand was a different story, this was my first attempt at him so i didnt know the mechanics 100%. with enfeeble you can tank the beam as long as you have high enough cast speed, tanked the slam first 3 times, not sure how exactly i think arc saved me or MS they are the only 2 spells i run that are instant. the odd part is that after he got to 60ish percent the slam started to 1 shot me. so, if you do him make sure u gtfo out of the slam. now that i know the mechanics i would guess that you could do him with the glitter disc setup, but it is going to be a longer fight and you will have to know the mechanics, the hard part is that the build drops fps very low so its hard to make out when he does his pansy twirl and dissapears so make sure u have a move flask up and get out of the way. if you can get out of the way of the slam i would think that this build would be able to do him without an issue other than the fps drop. i will farm up some more maps and attempt him again and post with the results. i am level 90 still so a couple more levels wouldnt hurt either. the helm would probably be the best option because you would be able to run an offhand and speed the fight up a bit because of the dps increase, but if you can manage to avoid the slam glitter disc would be the cheapest option by far, only 1 chaos.

current setup, gems etc.

https://pastebin.com/Xjk0kL25

with lvl 20 q20 gems and a lvl 21 magma orb max dps with enfeeble is 151k ish, i tried it with lvl 19 gem and without a wise oak so its possible that with a lvl 21 magma orb and an oak that the fight would go a bit faster but not by much i wouldnt think. this is also without green dream because with the disc i dont think you would be able to burn him fast enough to keep the charges up between phases and for 5ex you could get a claw/sword that you could build a boss killer with. keep in mind i was trying to keep this as budget as possible, so with enchants the helm and jewels with life, cast speed and spell dmg it would probably go rather fast and as long as you dont get slammed it should be easy. hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the PoB Link ! I'm testing your variant ATM, have to say it's pretty straightforward as we don't even have to reroll a socket !
Question: lack of fortify isn't an issue ?
Why do you keep Whirling Blades at level 1? Also why do you have a level 20 CWDT gem with Arc and Fireball when all others are at level 1?
if you want fortify you can replace molten shell with anger and put fortify back in the WB setup. i found it rather hard to get 1 shot so i felt that fortify wasnt really necessary. one small note molten shell isnt optimized very well in terms of graphics so its becomes rather laggy, i think its the ground effect that it leaves. the reason i replaced fortify with molten shell was a level 20 cwdt molten shell setup will do decent damage and provide a little more mitigation. its good for slow bosses that hit once and hit hard because it will proc and you will get armor + damage. 1k armor is about the same amount you will get on a chest so its nothing to be scoffed at. plus with my setup i was running arctic armor, the point of this was to provide some mitigation equal to fortify for when frames go down the drain. if you dont mind re-coloring some sockets you could probably loose the bladefall and socket anger and run AA, MS and fortify.
In POB i see you have slower projectile support as an option. Can this be used instead of immolate?
"
Velynis wrote:
if you want fortify you can replace molten shell with anger and put fortify back in the WB setup. i found it rather hard to get 1 shot so i felt that fortify wasnt really necessary. one small note molten shell isnt optimized very well in terms of graphics so its becomes rather laggy, i think its the ground effect that it leaves. the reason i replaced fortify with molten shell was a level 20 cwdt molten shell setup will do decent damage and provide a little more mitigation. its good for slow bosses that hit once and hit hard because it will proc and you will get armor + damage. 1k armor is about the same amount you will get on a chest so its nothing to be scoffed at. plus with my setup i was running arctic armor, the point of this was to provide some mitigation equal to fortify for when frames go down the drain. if you dont mind re-coloring some sockets you could probably loose the bladefall and socket anger and run AA, MS and fortify.

Could be an option yes, but if you say that AA+MS are enough, I'll go this way.
Was questionning myself about ball lightning, seems pretty weak without GMP, but I can't figure wich aoe could be useful here.

As for the FPS drops of MS,this build is already a FPS destroyer so I don't think it could be worse (it's a pain for my laptop, hopefully my desktop handles it way better).

Thanks !
with my gems setup running glitter disc the only thing i have died to is minotaur and the shaper slam. minotaur i was not running MS so i think that if i were that i never would of gotten killed. ill play with it for a couple more runs and see how it goes. ill post anything else i find that could be even remotely dangerous lol, so far nothing worries me other than the shaper slam xD i figure once i do the fight a couple times and get it down it will be easy.

ball light is more for packs as it will spread a massive ignite chain thro the pack. this is the reason i kept it and also the reason i run bladefall, they both hit multiple targets per cast. against bosses it isnt as effective because ball light will only hit the boss once per cast as will the bladefall.
Last edited by Velynis on Sep 10, 2017, 9:14:47 PM
Hi ChrispieD, can I check why the POB tree shows that you're taking Frost Walker instead of Fire Walker? Thanks!

Frost waker might be used to activate the green dream jewel, if you don't need that then use fire walker instead.
Ahh I see... thanks! Super expensive jewel though :( How necessary is it?

Also, are there any other body armours to recommend for this build? Apart from Belly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info