stealth nerf to The Scourge

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
That is such a fucking terrible unique and they made it even more terrible.

ROFL

its actually kind of ridiculous.... summoners technically now have an off hand weapon that isnt purely for ci or purely for low life.

its got roughly 8 minion nodes worth of damage stats on it... can you name a one hand even close to that?

also keep in mind that minion damage when converted is quite literally generic damage which double dips and interacts with everything

the spectral wolf thing was pretty much always going to be a flavour thing rather than impactful. on a level similar to the of grave enchant from izaro

[Removed by Support] - support has been bought out, and there biased moderation strikes again

The claw is great, and its a shame it got ninja nerfed. Even if you dont play as summoner this claw open many possibilities to build your char in a different way, which is very nice.

I still think even with the nerf, it will find a good use in many builds
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Oct 22, 2016, 2:02:26 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:

can you link me an item which gives 300% global damage?

I only see 70% increased damage. Where do you get 300% from?

from all the minion damage nodes on the tree/ascendancy class
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Oh ok, I can see why it would be useful for Necromancers. It's not really that great for any other class though.

you lose only 90% damage by not going necro but of course you have to be a minioner to use the claw with good profit, and the necro is the best for it (commander of darkness and mistress of sacrifice are simply amazing)
Is the Spectral Wolves that big of deal anyway? Isnt the main power in this weapon the minion damage conversion to straight damage anyway? Ive been meaning to play around with this thing but just have not had the chance yet.. That and im lvling a build to try out that Brain Rattler now and been working on the Atlas.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:

With the skill points on the tree and one ascendency class. Wow, his is just another level of bad. Have you even seen a mediocre build? You have to try really hard to rek your character this bad.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
That is such a fucking terrible unique and they made it even more terrible.

ROFL

its actually kind of ridiculous.... summoners technically now have an off hand weapon that isnt purely for ci or purely for low life.

its got roughly 8 minion nodes worth of damage stats on it... can you name a one hand even close to that?

also keep in mind that minion damage when converted is quite literally generic damage which double dips and interacts with everything

the spectral wolf thing was pretty much always going to be a flavour thing rather than impactful. on a level similar to the of grave enchant from izaro

For Summoners? Victario's Charity wihch is basically 45% AS, 12% more damage, 15% movement speed. For everyone else? Their corresponding weapons.
Double Dipping is a non-issue. There are enough easy to get nodes that won't starve any build for points.
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

With the skill points on the tree and one ascendency class. Wow, his is just another level of bad. Have you even seen a mediocre build? You have to try really hard to rek your character this bad.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

For Summoners? Victario's Charity wihch is basically 45% AS, 12% more damage, 15% movement speed. For everyone else? Their corresponding weapons.
Double Dipping is a non-issue. There are enough easy to get nodes that won't starve any build for points.

are you retard or what? minion nodes useless for a necro build and a crap shield as BiS.. wow
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:29:46 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
My guildmate that tested this found a cap of 20 wolves even before recent patches, maybe you miscounted previously?

I guess the number under the icon doesn't lie. I've had multiple times more than 20 wolves, up to a max of 26. It was a little game for me: "let's see how many wolves I manage to summon"
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
DarkWap wrote:
edit: this claw is near to broken and those who don't understand it are just copy-paste players OR they know what really powerful items look like! :v

Fixed it for you!

LOL I'm embarassed for you..

300%? What are you talking about? The claw has only 70% unless you grab all the minion nodes. And if you grab all the minion nodes your profit from 300% increased damage is meeeh. But don't believe me, test it for yourself. Just create a build, buy the claw (it's cheap as dirt) and impress me. Just post a video of you clearing a decent rolled high end map with it. And of course we don't talk about a build that is able to do it "although" you use the claw we talk about a build that is able "because" you use the claw. It doesn't have to be a twinned core map or a guardian or the Shaper just any decent rolled t15 map. Remember the nike slogan: Just do it!

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
DarkWap wrote:

300% global damage is just for a minion necromancer. Other ascendancies (and even other necromancer builds) can't use it to get that amount.

Anyway, to answer your question, no I'm not going to link them, but I can list some:

Void Battery gives global spell damage close to that amount, and is dual-weildable for double the effect (2 void batteries on a power charge build would give more than 2 of those claws on a necro minion dmg build)

Repentance gives an easy 300% global spell damage for high strength characters, and also ele attack damage for high strength Crown of Eyes characters.

Doon Cuebiyari can give 300% increased global damage if you are a strength monster.

Emberwake and the Taming can give a whole lot more than a measly 300% increased global damage.

Hidden potential can give up to 250% increased damage, and Grand Spectrum can a considerable amount if you have enough Jewel slots.

----
PS: Headhunter ;)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 21, 2016, 3:21:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info