Yo china has pay2live.

Afaik china servers got AH.

Charan can you confirm, mee no speek chai neeze :-)
No Problem,
Exile
It's pay for convenience, isn't it? The game needs $ to exist and players need a reason to spend their money, don't they?

"
BacktoHell wrote:
It's pay for convenience, isn't it? The game needs $ to exist and players need a reason to spend their money, don't they?

Irony? I hope so.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Wow, this is not okay

I don't see why this would be Chinese only, obviously it doesn't work on hardcore since you don't revive or lose experience on death
On second thought, I would be okay with GGG doing this as a LAST resort on a perma league if they are struggling to keep the servers online and pay employees. I don't care if someone wants to spend hundreds of dollars so their terrible build can reach level 92.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Don't see whats the problem, in Chinese game market this isn't even close to pay2win. Also, tencent has the "big" word there and a good cut of money income.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
Don't see whats the problem, in Chinese game market this isn't even close to pay2win. Also, tencent has the "big" word there and a good cut of money income.

It is clearly p2w, without a shadow of a doubt. Nevertheless, if it's a decision of the Chinese provider and it stays in China without a chance of polluting the servers we play on, I guess I can live with it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

It is clearly p2w, without a shadow of a doubt. Nevertheless, if it's a decision of the Chinese provider and it stays in China without a chance of polluting the servers we play on, I guess I can live with it.

That was the point of my statement, yes. I am almost 99% sure it won't come here, played a lot of true to source korean and chinese mmos (hardcore p2w ones), they keep to themselves, China is totally different realm from all other servers and is under Tencent supervision.

In other words GGG will send content to Tencent, Tencent will refine it afterwards in their image while keeping 80% or so true to the original that is not China located, usually businesses with China go that way.

If you are interested, you can read on net about D3 version in China too, it is totally cut off from EU and NA versions and has its own f2p model. Just to get an idea what it means for PoE too.

I seriously have no fear as GGG is lead developer in this situation, it would be totally opposite if PoE was developed in China and GGG had to use their core content but that is not the case.
Spreading salt since 2006
Finally this game is becoming pay2win officially.

I couldn't wait any longer.

kappa
ey
This is Tencent doing Tencent things. Also China usually doesn't give a fuck about p2w.

In other news, China also has a nice tutorial. Pls gibe!

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Oct 19, 2016, 5:57:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info