Chris Wilson on Auction/bartering developed in China

"
Necromael wrote:
Market can be manipulated already, if you gather 10 people who will invest into flipping and dominating 1 or more items, AH would make it obsolete, unless someone would love to buy 200 of same item and resell it for 1c profits.
Not someone. Something.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
GGG goin hard for that yen!

American dollar weak....
in poe's system of no mandatory item sink or item degradation, the main question is how to make players sell their midgame junk to the ingame trader rather than offering it to other players.

reason being that supply of these items is always higher than demand, if all items end up on the market they would be so cheap that it spoils other player's item progression for no real costs. item price deflation is the worst effect for an ingame economy.

poe solves it by having limited default stash tabs which put the pressure on most players to sell stuff fast and replace their offers with better stuff as they progress.

that obviously doesn't work for players having an massive amount of tabs. the solution here is to have trading interrupt their gameplay so they feel it's not worth selling stuff below a certain threshold.

---

if they ever make trading more efficient there need to be compensating measures like f.e.:

- a orb tax on every item offer which the buyer has to pay and the seller needs to spend to ret his item returned before it's deleted at the end of the sales period

- items being account bound for one to two weeks after a purchase

and so on...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
minezeye wrote:
GGG goin hard for that yen!

American dollar weak....

never understood why they went for that currency exchange risk.

if the worldwide american military presence ever drops, the dollar will plunge into the basement because countries will have america compensate for it's massive worldwide debt.

every dollar circulating in the world is a claim towards the american economy to deliver real goods that people actually want as compensation.

good luck with producing something other than stuff that either kills people or poisons them with genetically modified ingrediences....
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 18, 2016, 6:53:57 AM
It's very simple actually. If GGG ever implements auction system which is worse than current poe.xyz.is functionality, the player-base will just reject it.

If GGG stop listing item properties from their public API. No problem, the forum will be flooded again with item links and parsers will do.

If even item linking on forums will be disabled. Someone will come up with the site where you can copy/paste your item or just set its properties manually.

-> just Chris is talking non-sense. And trading system won't be ever much worse than it's now. :-)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Oct 18, 2016, 7:39:22 AM
For the casual non-english retards like me:

Do they really think about getting trading even more worse? oO

"
Necromael wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Because AH killed diablo 3.

Real money AH killed d3 and RoS finished off the game in coordination with actiblizz. Gold ah was balanced. pls no more offtopic

AH was never balanced, even the Gold one.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

There is a cost to trading. It costs you time. Remove that cost and the market will be flooded with items that people wouldn't want to bother selling currently. You would be able to find what ever gear you might need with no cost. None. It would be essentially free.

When stuff is free, people stop valuing it. When they stop valuing it, they quit playing.

It's not about "interaction". It's about cost. The interaction is just the excuse to hide the cost.

I think a AH or consignment shop would be fine... but they need to include a posting cost or they'll ruin their game.
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
IMO the only good solution is have an AH just for the "problematic" items, items that have 1alch/1fus/1c/1chisel buyouts, items that "nobody" bothers to sell after the first 2-3 days... items like most cards, maps, gems..

So, an automated AH for tohse cheap items and the rest is traded as is.

I wouldn't mind if the "AH" would only have fixed prizes:
-1 alch
-1 chisel
-1 chaos
-3 chaos
-5 chaos
-10 chaos

my2chaos

Yes that could be a good solution
AH and insta buy for problematic items, like maps, cards, sacr frags, gems and only with low b/o so you can't buy that way lvl4 empower or the doctor etc
That could help a lot to get low value items and not destroying market for gg items that if too easy to get will make ppl quit faster cause no need to grind.

I wish that will be implemented

If you implement AH there will be tons of people just siting on it 24/7 (or using bots) to flip items. Thats not what this game needs since it mess up economy even more and make people bot.

There need to be restriction like : "You can make only 10 trades daily".
Meaning that if you want to buy or sell something with value you will really sell something with value instead of puting every crap there. You cant flip, because 10 flips daily is not fliping at all.
For most people 10 trades daily is alot, it will allow you to constantly sell your good loot and buy stuff you need.

The amount of trades daily is to discuss and also they would need to restric it a bit with account level or something. So people wont create billion of accounts to bypass it.
In example : account with at least one 80 level character can use auction house or account that finished game on all difficulties can use auction house.
I actually stoped playing POE due to RNG gating progression, and its not the gear its the maps.

I refuse to buy any, and so Im left with non.

Gear wise tho, if you try hard you can find what you want, just have to be calm when the 15th seller dont respond, is AFK, or not logged in.

Also be mindful of scammers, people price fixing and all that shit.

If you can deal with that, I would say trading is in good place now.

.... so lets all hope that xyz will close poe.trade for a week or two, just to fuck up GGG building their game economy of a 3rd party website.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info