Played my first armor-only character, and I'm disgusted by it.

if we are at it - and it looks plausible to be a bug - id like to ask someone at GGG to check my glacial hammer character (2h inquisitor).

he behaves like his armour not only does not affecr ranged damage but the resists from it also seem to be ignored. he takes extreme damage from white mobs from time to time.

i usually wear ev body armours and get armour from shield so i haent noticed this phenomenon earlier.. but for 2h it is chest or nothing

please check it. it might be the reason armour gets the bad press it gets
Wonder if that is connected with the Juggernaut node which doubles chest armor, directly or indirectly.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
My 2h armor Inquisitor also feels super squishy somehow, even with 7/8 charges, fortify, granite and basalt flasks. It really feels like my 0 armor bow char with 4 charges and basalt flask can soak big hits better.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There have been no "stealth fixes". We haven't changed anything relating to armour recently.

This thread prompted an investigation, and it does turn out a few of the most recently added armour modifiers (not all of which are in the game yet) were applying to generic armour, but not to armour against projectiles (which is a different stat calculation to account for Titucius' Span).

The most significant source of armour that was affected by this is the Grand Spectrum unique jewel.

This will be fixed for a future patch.

What if it NEVER worked as intended? Armour has been known to be ineffective against big hit since forever. It was effective during the ooold Grace+Determination IR meta.

Could it be that body armour, a major source of armour in most build that invest into it, never helped against projectiles? Put on your tin foil hats guys, cause this can change a lot of aspect in layer defense if it is really a bug.
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
If they are at it, they can actualy check if evasion rating calculate well too.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There have been no "stealth fixes". We haven't changed anything relating to armour recently.

This thread prompted an investigation, and it does turn out a few of the most recently added armour modifiers (not all of which are in the game yet) were applying to generic armour, but not to armour against projectiles (which is a different stat calculation to account for Titucius' Span).

The most significant source of armour that was affected by this is the Grand Spectrum unique jewel.

This will be fixed for a future patch.
Just remove Titicus' Span. It's terrible.
sigfault
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Interesting. Is it related to the bug where chest armour wasn't adding to Armour against projectiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666712/page/1
?

It would appear to be (nearly) the same bug (except I also seem to have stumbled across Grand Spectrums not working either). Interesting that Titucius' actually gives a character sheet indication of the disparity... heh, had I known that perhaps I'd have a little more than estimated damage numbers to go off of.

Fun how I managed to run into this chest armor vs projectiles bug AND Grand Spectrum bug at the same time, it sure made the character using it feel like rubbish... about 6600 of my 7400 base armor came from sources that didn't work on projectile damage (and hence my initial reaction that they were just ignoring armor completely). Oh well, it managed to draw some dev eyes, so hopefully I can count on something like that to work soon.

Also, thanks to the fellows rechecking my tests, good to know I'm not just losing it.
Last edited by Shppy on Oct 18, 2016, 3:24:45 PM
This actually makes so much sense... So many times when playing a high armor character I've had such frustration from how much damage it took from white mobs. I just never pieced that it always came from ranged mobs and never melee. Kind of never assumed that something as simple as armor could've had bug like this.
You kind of adapt to it subconsciously over time, I kind of realize now that I always react to pre pot when seeing certain ranged enemies.
Last edited by lolPLSiGOTthis on Oct 18, 2016, 3:33:10 PM
This does indeed make a lot of sense when I think about all those RIP-s and near RIP-s from ranged attacks that I've had on my heavily armored Juggernaut. Going from 20k armor to 35k by upgrading to Brass Dome seems to have made no difference in these cases.
Last edited by Pyram on Oct 18, 2016, 3:52:11 PM
Actually I think armour might be bugged against ranged physical damage.

I run daresso's dream a ton and when I run it as an armour character the ranged chicken mobs with the bows always do a lot more damage. When 8 or whatever pop into the arena/pit area I always notice they deal a lot more damage than the other mobs whether they're white or magic w/e.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info