Played my first armor-only character, and I'm disgusted by it.

There have been no "stealth fixes". We haven't changed anything relating to armour recently.

This thread prompted an investigation, and it does turn out a few of the most recently added armour modifiers (not all of which are in the game yet) were applying to generic armour, but not to armour against projectiles (which is a different stat calculation to account for Titucius' Span).

The most significant source of armour that was affected by this is the Grand Spectrum unique jewel.

This will be fixed for a future patch.
"
Poutsos wrote:
OP, this is really interesting, thanks for testing. It would also mean that this bug exists since the days that that projectile unique shield was introduced, practicaly forever.
No. As I already said in my first post, this applies only to a few recently-added stats, which were added to one calculation, but not the other. Most of these stats aren't in the game yet. All will be fixed in a future patch - I'm currently working on this fix and improving the system to reduce the chance this happens again.
While I appreciate people's passion about this issue, and am thankful to Shppy to bringing the problem to my attention with this thread, I'd like to reassure everyone that I'm currently working on this, and we are fully aware of all aspects of the issue - including the related bug to do with the implementation of the Juggernaut stat which affects body armour. (Fun fact - this is caused by the same order-of-operations trick that prevented shock from doing anything for nearly a year after its introduction to the game. The stat was added to both calculations with the same bug, but only the non-projectile one got the fix).

Since I'm re-writing all the armour stat calculations from scratch, no bugs from the previous calculation will make it through (any new bugs will hopefully be caught in QA).

As such I don't need further PMs about specific details of this issue. While I do enjoy interacting with the community, I'd like to keep my PM inbox freed up so if someone contacts me about something important we don't know about, I can notice and respond promptly. Getting a bunch of messages about the same thing, while totally understandable, impedes that.

I cannot tell you when the fix will go live - I expect to finish the re-write soon, but I don't know how long QA will take (and you can be we'll be testing this thoroughly), or when after that point we'll next be able to release a patch that it's possible to merge this into. We'll get it out as soon as we can, but I can't be more specific than "a future patch". I'd love to put the fix out in a past patch, but the time machine is broken.

Please be reassured this is definitely being fixed, and do feel free to PM me about anything else you'd like to discuss.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 19, 2016, 12:48:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info