[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
Skippsy wrote:
pantheon?

The best tip I can give you is choose what fits the situation most. If you think getting frozen will be a problem, take Brime King. If you want single target defence, Solarice. If there will be burning ground, take Abberath, or if poisoning might be an issue, go with Shakari.

Personally, I usually default to Ryslatha for Flask recharge and Arakaali if I got low Chaos resistance. Alas, I cannot give you a decisive answer, as it really depends on the situation.
Do you suggest to try an ES version or better life one?
"
Ertigre wrote:
Do you suggest to try an ES version or better life one?

A better Life version might possibly work, focusing on the big life node a bit south from Elemental Equilibrium and maybe also getting Acrobatics and focusing more on Evasion gear. However, I doubt it will work out better than a mixture of the two, mainly due to the fact there are not many nodes close to this build that allow focusing on either health or ES, not to mention that this build can get rather point heavy.

I wouldn't quite suggest a full ES version, though. Since the great nerf to ES, it isn't great to focus on it, since GGG overdid it a bit with the reduction of ES in my opinion.

If you still want to try one version, do go right ahead. It shouldn't be too bad if it turns out to be a worse decision then focusing on both.
What do you think about this build on 3.5 ?
"
Kolatka1 wrote:
What do you think about this build on 3.5 ?

I'll be giving a proper update once the patch notes for 3.5 are out. For now, it looks like nothing will change about this build, so it will work just like it did previously.
hello.
Are you still playing this build this league? I have some question about the skill gem. Is it viable to use this skill gems combination (lightning spires trap,Flamethrower trap and Vortex?). Basically the ideas is to have aoe duration trap active and if all traps thrown in the same place it should be rotate the element. My problem is how slow the cool down of Vortex that make clearing trash mobs pretty bad. Do you have any idea of skill gem for it? .

"
archd wrote:
hello.
Are you still playing this build this league? I have some question about the skill gem. Is it viable to use this skill gems combination (lightning spires trap,Flamethrower trap and Vortex?). Basically the ideas is to have aoe duration trap active and if all traps thrown in the same place it should be rotate the element. My problem is how slow the cool down of Vortex that make clearing trash mobs pretty bad. Do you have any idea of skill gem for it? .

Well, I personally would advise against it. You are basically using three gems with a cooldown. On top of that, if you are using Elemental Equilibrium, that really will just get in the way of your damage since most of the damage here comes from Damage over Time, and even with all of the hit-instances from Lightning Spire Trap do I doubt that it make up for it.

Lighting Spire Trap and Flamethrower Trap especially are more or less designed to be used with their corresponding elemental trap (Lightning Trap and Fire Trap, respectively), so I can't really suggest your Trap set-up at all.

Do at least use one Trap that has no cooldown or charges (Fire, Ice or Lightning Trap) and then choose the other Traps according to that.
hey i used your build about 2 leagues ago, was fun. enjoyed it a lot. thinking about making it again. thank you very much for a fun and interesting trapper build
So, big changes! Well, actually, they are very simple changes, but big changes, nonetheless.

The damage of both Ice Trap and Shock Nova has been increased significantly, especially with the former. Ice Trap got such a big damage buff, in fact, I wonder if it might outdo Fire Trap for single target purposes! Well, we'll see once I try it out. Ice Trap also got an increased area of effect, which is nice. Apparently the quality bonus is unchanged, sadly. That one is still as useless as ever.

But hey, as with many other skills, the change only can increase the damage output and clearing speed of this build!

I shall upgrade the passive skill trees once they are out. A lot of good changes in there, too. Though, we'll see if I change the overall layout of my build accordingly.
Path of Building update is out with new tree. I've never played a trapper before but those Ice Trap buffs looked really appealing.

Is this build good for a league starter? Seems like there aren't any required uniques, just very helpful uniques.

Is the increased AOE on Ice Trap going to make it good for both boss and trash? Wondering if an ice trap focused build would be effective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info