New Sextant Mods in Content Update 2.4.1

The question is, will all useful ones be like 5% chance to roll and all filler ones be 95%?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
2pher wrote:
its been so long that immortal call gem has been released yet there's no other gem correspond to it in favor of strength user (...)

Completely off topic of thread, and regardless it's not the only gem/mechanic that's unbalanced in PoE. Plenty of other things that needs to be balanced first. Now back to announcement topic (ie: go post that in feedback instead)...

Well there releasing channel skill gem tho. Not only sextant.
"
fesru wrote:
Looks pretty bad. Horrible mods still left, and how is no reflect a good mod to get? You would either need to have sooo many reflect maps prepared so the odds of having use for the mod when getting it from a sextant is good, or otherwise it might save you a chaos or alt. Sure if its a corrupted map... maybe buy super rippy maps with reflect and be able to do them. But there's not a lot of reward to that anyway. Why even make such a mod? Remove reflect if you know people hate it. Could we get a "blood magic map mod doesn't affect the player" also? And "burning ground does actual damage but doesn't give people performance issues"?

Speed thing-mod seems like a little fun but more dangerous than good. Would be surprised if they don't cause lag, and it's not something needed for a good build anyway, so would be more concerned about quick monsters. This mod seems like a decent one but not good. This is acceptable since it's random and not all outcomes should be all good when adding a sextant.

I think sextants need to add packsize, droprate, xp gain, map drops. It's ok if they are challenging, actually it's very fun if they are. But the reward needs to be something people care about. Rolling double beyond on high density maps for instance is a lot of fun, while also being dangerous. Reward is drops and xp, and the added danger is fun while also feeling worthwhile.
If I get 10% increased damage and take 10% increased damage I'm not really going to notice, except maybe against guardians... and I would rather not take 10% increased damage then. Would not want that trade off.

If there is no reward and only punishment from a sextant it obviously sucks. Either people will run the map without reward and suffer through it, or they will just open the cheapest map affected until the mod is removed. A few people might like to suffer through it but pretty much all players I know of like to be rewarded for doing challenging/drawn out things. The reward does not always need to be huge, but it's a lot nicer to be able to run insane map mods with several sextants if you also get something good out of it. Then people will be interested in making these strong builds maybe not only focused on clear speed.

EDIT: Was disappointed and wrote before reading and thinking too much. Sorry for being perhaps overly negative. I realize now that it might be additional monster also while getting reduced dmg from reflect. That is nice, but I still think it's a weird mod the reflect part.

agree on everything, i was excited to wait for this patch, im not using all my sextant i dropped waiting for the patch, but these 5 mods aren't an improve compared to now.
what's the point of 100% reduced reflect damage taken?
i will use sextant only on insane rolls, insane rolls are mostly corrupted maps.
if i get this reflect sextant mod in an area, does this mean i have ALWAYS to keep in my stash 40-50 corrupted reflect maps from different areas and play those 3-4 maps once i get the reflect mod in that specific sextant area? it looks retarded

and reflect maps can be done easily if you put defence and you are not a glass cannon, instead remove the retarded blood magic mod that all the ES characters can't do and im sure 99% of life builds avoid aswell

wonder why on poe trade there are mass blood magic maps for sale and no one buys them while there aren't reflect maps for sale except double reflect double curse or double reflect cannot leech. remove the blood magic map mod, god
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Oct 11, 2016, 10:50:46 AM
I will Keep Selling it , i find uselles you get harder mods in T15-16 Maps... Die never worth
Why you dont add a way To Remove sextands with mods you dont want???i think this systems lack on this.
So now most of the hardcore players will fall... hehehe :)
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
sex-slightly-better-than-before-but-still-not-good-tant
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
[...] you and other monsters [...]

Lol, Bex. I'd bet this was intentional. :D
Crit happens.
So are the current sextant mods somehow changed to increase rewards for running maps with dangerous mods?
finally, thats what i saved them for :D thanks GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info