New Sextant Mods in Content Update 2.4.1

Sexytant)
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
That corrupted strongbox sextant combined with the strongbox prophecy sounds fun (and profitable) ;)
Very cool but when's the Halloween MTX coming out? :D
can a bitch get her hat back
"
MissApril wrote:

On Halloween, if the powers that be follow their usual pattern.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Char1983 wrote:
OK, so does the unique boss extra damage one actually give 20% IIQ? If so, why is it not displayed? If not, why do you write it does? I am confused.

From the wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quality#Maps):

"
On maps, quality is treated as extra item quantity. It is added to the quantity from affixes of the map.

Maps may be improved with a Cartographer's Chisel.

Thus, the 20% quality portion of that map mod is what gives the 20% IIQ.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
- Will you remove useless / punishing mods (e.g. strongbox contents are mirrored)?
- Slipstreams seems like rip-streams. with the amount of lag currently in the game (ground effects), overlapping "speed tempests" will lead to even harsher FPS drops. that's a very bad idea.

other mods look ok. ty for the rework
Last edited by PopeJo on Oct 11, 2016, 2:10:02 AM
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
MissApril wrote:

On Halloween, if the powers that be follow their usual pattern.

I thought last year was about a week before but my memory can't be trusted. I'm dying for something cool and spooky!!
can a bitch get her hat back
While annoying mods like -3 portals and creeping agony are in the sextant pool, I'm gonna be just ignoring them.

These are mods which have absolutely no impact on speed farm meta, but if you like to loot, port, vendor, repeat, your maps then they are just super bad.

Here's the thing, I surround a shaped Courtyard with 8 sextants (I think it can even have 10) adding more monsters, more damage, a shit load more loot. I roll double boss, exiles, magics, more pack size, rippy mods, more quant.

I have this super fun and rewarding T15 map that's gonna be risky but rewarding. And I can run 2 other similar ones.

Then I notice one of the mods is -3 portals, then I notice that one is creeping agony.

I just don't even want to go in, the system just shit itself, I'd not be affected a single bit if I just speed run for XP, but that's another game, not one I play or want to play. I want to look through all the loot, take out what I can. That loot, even though there's gonna be 20 times what drops in a normal map, is now only half what I take out of a normal map. These are my alch shards, my alt shards. Then to rub salt in the wound, whenever I stop to loot, these otherwise mundane clouds of degen are gonna descend on me, I only have to move, it isn't hard, it's just supper annoying.

Picture the loot in the boss room from this map and how much fun going through the loot is not. And in case you are wondering, there is not enough room to kite a cloud out of active range in that room.

Please, GGG, stop doing annoying. This just makes me not want to stack sextants, and it has nothing to do with difficulty or risk.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 11, 2016, 3:20:10 AM
This doesn't solve problem at all, because other 99% of sextant's modes are still terrible or of little to no use at best.

Also nice 20% quality map mod. Considering that you would most likely already do this to maps you would use Sextant on, so you just wasted rare currencie for nothing...

"
Willemoesium wrote:
That corrupted strongbox sextant combined with the strongbox prophecy sounds fun (and profitable) ;)

How so? For me it sounds terrible. You don't care about normal strongboxes rarity. Only strongboxes that get benefit from this are Jeweller's. And probably in smaller degree Armourer's and Blacksmith's as you corrupt them anyway but you want extra items so you kinda screwed anyway.

Diviner's = RIP. Carto's = RIP. Arcanist's = RIP.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 11, 2016, 2:43:06 AM
MUCH better... unless of.c. you make those interesting mods as rare as hens teeth and keep doing the current useless ones most of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info