[2.6] The Sentinel - Double Strike Multistrike Life Leech Duelist

"
Archybild wrote:
First of all thanks for this well-crafted guide, i am working on my 4th and last build this league (played critfall trap, SR CWC WI and most-fun raider ngamahu).

Now I want to create a duelist which attacks with wild strike skill by using one of tempting 2hand weapon (disfavour, starforge, kitava, kongor etc.) which doesn't rely on blocking. All endurance stuff (dmg, leech survive) seems satisfying. I think vinktar will compensate leech on wild strike elemetal dmg gap.

If you've conducted some tests :) would you please share your experience with me? I've 18 exa budget.

I have played around with Wild Strike extensively with this build and I do enjoy it though I do have to be truthful with somethings.

First, Wild Strike does not play well with Starforge with the damage conversion. The tooltip dps will display full damage before conversion which will be cut by 60% on hit which will hurt leech a lot. Starforge was originally taken because Double strike hits very fast and could shock providing a damage bonus, especially since I don't have Resolute Technique I can crit which is always a shock.

Second, I've only tested the gem swaps (Aside from Lacerate) while just general map clearing and have always swapped back to double strike for bosses as I know I will top out leech doing full phys damage. Lacerate became ultimately useful during a Forge of the Phoenix run where his attacks where doing too much damage and I needed a way to deal it from a distance.

Finally, Where Vinktar leeches 20% of lightning damage that does assume that lightning damage is selected as the element Wild Strike uses which is very random and even on my build with between 7-9 attacks per second with Wild Strike I have seen multiple occasions where one of the three is never used over a period of time.

I have not played around with Wild Strike while leveling nor have I tested it without my current gear so I have no clue how it will perform in those areas or if you change something. As far as leveling though I have found out while leveling a Ngamahu's Cyclone, that Cyclone may be a smoother leveling skill then switching to Double Strike when the end gear is put on.

Ultimately, I would recommend having a Double Strike/Cyclone leveling in the background somewhere so if you run into trouble you do have something to fall back onto as plan B. I do hope you have fun with the build if you plan to try it.
Very nice bulid - i play and have a lot of fun. Biggest problem for me - low resistance and weapon... ;) But playing with this bulid ( im using axe ) is very easy and very funny ;) Full contact - private machete xD

My current gear (on 66 lvl , couse rest is waiting in stash ;) )

Spoiler

Items waiting for 69-70 lvl in stash

Spoiler

Spoiler

I dont know if that axes i've already have and use are good - try to collect "money" to buy something better ( im still in breach league). But bulid is realy good for me (axes dont have 5 links still... ).
Last edited by Orbit84 on Feb 1, 2017, 12:55:54 AM
"
Orbit84 wrote:
Very nice bulid - i play and have a lot of fun. Biggest problem for me - low resistance and weapon... ;) But playing with this bulid ( im using axe ) is very easy and very funny ;) Full contact - private machete xD

I'm glad you are enjoying it. The resists were a problem from square one and since I started with Kongor's I designed the build around it. From there I moved through the resist nodes on the tree because the uniques I wanted to use were lacking. I do recommend using rares in place of boots and gloves to help until you can get some jewelry to fully cover resists.

As far as weapons, the new Kitava's Feast is fantastic. It has a built in Melee Splash which frees up a gem slot and has great damage for the price its currently at. This is compounded by the extra leech and instant 5% of max life recovery on kill on top of deleting corpses so they cant be used against you.
Last edited by Xenovenom on Feb 2, 2017, 11:13:12 PM
Yes, i correct this problem - on this moment my full item bulid looks like that :

And my resistance fire 69 , cold, ligh 75. chaos - normal.

Only to finish - make 6 links weapon (cous still miss that fire damage) and armour and of course finish this bulid. I do some changes - using molten shell - its help me. But still thinking about hit chance - only 79% and sometimes missing hits - i see this. But its not a big problem - atack speed hide it , its not so bad. For now i doing only normal maps ( tiers 8+14+ ( everything i found on maps , rare etc everybody knows what i mean) but maybe 2-4 lvl more and try do something better. Realy lot of fun - cleaning packs of mobs - realy fast - bosses also die in moments. And Finish Ascendancy ( i never remember name of this labirynts ;p ) , 2 point left to put - and i hope so that reflect damage will be not so big like on this moment.

I also test Kitava's Feast , but i prefer Atziri's - its better for me.

( One more time - forgive me my english... ;) i hope so that everything what i wrote here is understandable ;) )

P.S

Flasks... i use this :

I dont have idea what i should use - more dmg ?? I dont know, couse this flask witch give 40% increased dmg - i dont see it or its not work ;p

( Im playing this bulid in breach league. When it finish - i will play this same when they move me to standard... ;)

Edit : I found something like that ( in realy awesome price ) and little change my bulid ( two handed sword )

And its more powerfull thet with axe ( its only my opinion - i see this power) . Much better then with axe.. :) Also delete Molten shell and put on this socket Blood Rage with CWDT and punishment. Huge power... More fun.
Last edited by Orbit84 on Feb 5, 2017, 12:38:57 PM
Have you considered Iron Reflexes + new unique armor "The Perfect Form" on this build?
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
nice
"
Have you considered Iron Reflexes + new unique armor "The Perfect Form" on this build?

I did find that chest interesting for a few builds but this one already has some resist issues and stacking a -30% cold resists is sure to make it harder. This will also make it hard to take advantage of the overcap bonus it gives. If you could get the resists to at least get to cap having the reduced reservation is nice but the extra mana it would open up couldn't be used for anything else unless you dropped a gem from the setup. Overall I think it may be a bad switch but I could be wrong.
Updated for 2.6, be sure to check the first reply of the thread for what was updated.
What sort of changes would need to be made to convert to Lacerate? I REALLY like how Lacerate feels and operates, especially with high attack speed. Aside from changing out Melee Splash, would there be any passives that would be useful?

I intend to try this as my league starter, looks really cool man, thanks for the guide xD
"
Subxeno wrote:
What sort of changes would need to be made to convert to Lacerate? I REALLY like how Lacerate feels and operates, especially with high attack speed. Aside from changing out Melee Splash, would there be any passives that would be useful?

I intend to try this as my league starter, looks really cool man, thanks for the guide xD

I took lacerate out as a gem swap option because it was only just viable to give some range to attacks and to have fun with, but since the AoE nerfs I wanted to have some testing done before I could recommend it again. The Melee Splash nerf didn't affect it at all since I take no AoE to begin with so that still works as before though.

I'm glad you had some interest in the build its been fun for me and I like sharing that with others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info