News Part II

For those who missed part I
Spoiler
BREAKING NEWS

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

New Zealand's game company GGG commits suicide. 2013 PC Game of the Year by GameSpot and best PC role-playing game of 2013 by IGN Path of Exile turned from Hack and Slash/Action RPG into arcade/adventure RPG due to their stubbornness to stick to the original plan and not only support but even add more salt to the wound by creating even more levels of the most hated and divisive content they ever made. Reports say the "small vocal portion of labyrinth haters" as GGG's Lead Developer Chris Wilson called them is now close to 50% of the total playerbase.

The newest addition of the labyrinth promises even more jumping around, lever pulling, trap dodging and lava avoiding adventures. It even adds payload object moving similar to many platform/arcade games of the past decade. They surely try to bastardize as much as possible their game in an attempt to appeal to younger ages by promoting dexterity based arcade gameplay. Chris Wilson proud of the labyrinth project said on the matter : "Its ok to have divisive content in the game", regarded by the media as one of the most arrogant and unthought comments in the history of gaming and gaming promotions. Others claim its all part of a genius marketing plan to promote the game.

Veterans and newcomers of the genre alike started packing their things, swearing never to come back. HOLD THE DOOR for me they each shout to each other, HOLD THE DOOR sir, HOLD THE DOOR im out of here, HOLD THE DOOR, HOLD THE DOOR, HOLD DOOR, and soon only HODOR could be heard by the countless voices talking simultaneously. HODOR! HODOR!

Some of the veterans with calm and composure still urge their beloved company to seriously revise the whole LAMEBYRINTH as they call it. They still believe to the potential as they claim the game has, its not to late to rectify their (GGG's) mistakes and take again the right direction for the game.

Stay tuned for more news, as there are rumours that tomorrow GGG will publish their developer manifesto in which they will adress many issues.

Have a nice evening.

News Report

Hello and good evening fellow exiles. How is Wraeclast treating you? We report live from Oriath were things are still out of hand.

Seven plus months since the dreadful event and still no official answer to the people's requests and complaints. Seven months of painful and tedious gameplay, of everyday complaints and riots, of letters and requests and still not a single post/answer/manifesto to quench the flaming issue.

Is it that GGG doesnt care? Is it that they are unable to figure it out? Is it they are legally binded not to talk ever for the specific content? Whatever the case is, it only shows disrespect to those "few" of the "vocal minority" people while branding GGG's name in the process.

Its true, since the release they only posted labyrinth stats ONCE (abysmal ones) and since then they avoid any talk regarding the issue. Isnt big content like that supposed to get some specific manifesto explaining the whole proccess behind it? The why, the when, the how etc? It actually is as Qarl stated :
"
Qarl wrote:
When any big system is released, it is hard to get everything right in the first pass. This manifesto post outlines changes we want to make to the Atlas in the near future.
on one of the recents delevopment manifestos, leaving billions of players wondering "why the f**k arent there 2 or 3 manifestos for the labyrinth?"

Are those billions right? Atlas only affects the 10-20% of the total playerbase while labyrinth more that 85% of the players. Is there a reason of this unproffesionalism by GGG?

We managed to interview one of GGG's personnel on the matter (how about posting a manifesto on lab?) and here is the answer :

"
Support wrote:
We've asked the developers and they agree it'd be a cool idea, but they're currently busy with work on the next expansion so they are unlikely to get time in the near future.

That was before Atlas, though, and the questions still stands, whats stopping you NOW?

As you can clearly understand GGG treats labyrinth as a burning coal avoiding any touch with it, denying and lying to everyone. The big question is WHY?

On a more pressing matter, Endgame Labyrinth is still the more profitable content in the game while at the same tiime it doesnt even get to the top 5 most difficult list. Outrageous implementation and a way to bribe players into playing unoptimized, unthought and unfitting content clearly but why so blatantly foolish design?

Farming endgame lab is confirmed more rewarding, faster AND safer than even Shaper and Uber Atziri killing while not reaching even a bit their difficulty level.

Quality gems, lab specific uniques, ENCHANTS, daily unique jewel, completely BYPASSING Atlas progression, currency chests, guaranteed uniques, ASCENDANCY POINTS, high level base items etc. So many rewards for a 10minute run (2-3 keys at least), no surprise the white knights so zealously defend the content. But why cant the ascendancy points be obtainable in a different non-arcade/platformer way? Sent us your message with what you think at www.wraeclastnews.com

Let us continue, in today's lab-themed broadcast.

Anti-lab or lab critism posts and threads keep appearing on an daily basis on forums and reddit. The initial estimate of 5 people spamming all of them is now more than 5k unique users confirmed posting their anti-lab opinion. While GGG surely sees that they also see that a lot of those people who hate on the labyrinth also run it, so they get mixed messages about it. Is it the players fault too or GGG's design to force mandatory alienating and unfitting content down their throat? Leave your comment below.

From the rainy Oriath, thanks for watching. Have a good night.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2016, 8:31:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Good article, sir. But I fear that the future ain't looking good for Wraeclast :(
so many words - in YET ANOTHER thread you guys create just to turn YOUR problem with something into general problem

you (as in the clique - you all know who you are) had a chance early on - but youve ruined it all with aggressive spam, harassment, shit eating analogies, berating anyone who did not agree with you, insulting devs from time to time and by being a general PITA
youve managed to alienate people who were supporting your case because they 'dared' to not agree with everything you wanted. good way to make friends..

short message: 7 months gone by. you are still there (despite claiming you are gone, however noone can verify your alts and alts of these alts..) trying to convince others (using aggressive and abusive methods) that your problem (you not liking something) should be everyone's problem. if you are so good at creating facts out of thin air - let me remind you of 'we are ok with having some divisive content' and general lack of any high-profile talk about the lab.

good luck. but you make a first impression once - and you blew it.

note: steamcharts show a lot better player retention this patch compared to previous ones (measured with % decline from launch peak). try to twist that to support your case of GGG commiting suicide. and you wonder noone takes your lot seriously..
Last edited by sidtherat on Oct 7, 2016, 4:20:40 PM
So far the score is 7-0. Pick up the pace, broski
I look forward to your post in 2020 where you say your prediction of the death of PoE finally started coming true.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Oct 7, 2016, 5:01:00 PM
Fox news reporting.
Hm. Is this... just a lab hate thread? Or is it actually worth reading the post rather than just skimming through?

Also, why do 90% of "lab sucks" comments I read on this sub-forum come from only two posters?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Hm. Is this... just a lab hate thread? Or is it actually worth reading the post rather than just skimming through?

Also, why do 90% of "lab sucks" comments I read on this sub-forum come from only two posters?

Lab is garbage though, they took every annoying aspect of poe and added traps.

I think the dev team was very mad at the player base when they made the lab and decided to try to piss them off. What they didnt realize is people dont play video games to be annoyed and have moved on.

Actually CNN reporting Xtorma, they are being sued by the police force for editing video's. Twice in the past 2 months. Apparently showing a guy with a gun who just got out of prison for shooting someone makes him look bad if they showed the gun.
it's getting boring.

i mean as soon as ggg implements monster mods which prevent one hit kills or requires someone to backtrack some centimeters, player s storm the barricades for nerfing it.

how could they implement some mechanic which can't be mastered by just sinking massive time into it but requires some skill instead. a challenge, horrible!!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
At least it was mildly entertaining.

I've run the lab 100+ times and I admit when I have to run it for points I hate doing it but when I run it repeatedly for loot/enchants I'm happy as shit, go figure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info