[updated for 3.0] poverty friendly cold convert hrimburn BV champion - 800k+ dps

"
daveyo15 wrote:
Hey Teek,
Enjoying the build but we wondering if you could give a bit of advice on my gear and some thoughts on what I should be prioritizing next. My true goal with this build is to be able to run Uber Labs with ease although that may not have been the true intention of your build.
Also still how important is enlighten, I have it socked but only half way to level 2.
Currently still running grace in my essence worm but have a hatred gem also I can swap with. However my base armor isn't the best. Just needed something with 6 sockets to get the job done since I am poor.
Was also thinking of getting a devotos with blade vortex +40 but again just looking for some advice here.
Thanks

basically all i've done for the past 3 leagues is uber lab so you're in luck

there's quite a few videos up on my past broadcasts of uber lab runs if you need some examples of how well the build handles uber lab https://www.twitch.tv/iamteek/videos/all

looking at your gear i think you should probably focus on getting your hp pool up first, as you should have enough damage to comfortably do izaro with what you have even if you have to use grace for a bit of extra tankiness instead of hatred. the only time i really have trouble with lab is charge disruptor days and those are generally skip days for most people that do full key runs anyway. worst case scenario, just throw in a leech gem in place of added fire damage... even though it will slow down the run a bit you'll be able to leech back enough between his autoattacks that you should be able to just facetank him. to be honest argus is harder than izaro, so if you must, just skip argus until you're comfortable playing around his enrage. blind also helps a ton with argus if needed, and you can always stack up enough souls to use vaal grace to help even further with argus. izaro clears your vaal souls when you enter his room so you can't use it to help with him

enlighten isn't really all that important, it just gives us a bit of extra mana to work with so you can stack bv quicker but in lab it's really not an issue as you can just use your mana flask while you stack

my goal for a comfortable facetank in uber lab is ~4.5-5k hp and 8k+ armor.

as far as devoto's devotion goes i'd skip it and get a rare, the stats on it aren't that great. i prefer to just weapon swap to prismatic eclipse with 3 green sockets & fideletas spike in my alternate weapon page to help speed up whirling blades to travel through lab quicker. don't forget to summon your harbinger again as it will dismiss him when you swap

let me know if you have any other questions
Last edited by teek on Sep 5, 2017, 4:17:29 PM
Awesome man, thanks for the response.
Only other thing would be what would you think the fastest way from 3.5k HP to 4.5K would be.
Just replacing Belt/helm/boots and a couple more jewls?
"
daveyo15 wrote:
Awesome man, thanks for the response.
Only other thing would be what would you think the fastest way from 3.5k HP to 4.5K would be.
Just replacing Belt/helm/boots and a couple more jewls?

yep, jewels especially. definitely opportunity for more life through boots/belt/helm too
Hey there Teek

I gotta say im really impressed with the build, it does so much for so cheap, until level 78 i ran maps with just a tabula and some random unique helm with resists the gloves and weapons, and it still kicked ass.

So far im still running with life leech socketed, as it allows me to be lazy and not pay as much attention... I also pathed a bit differently to iron reflexes as i was rather low on armor at first.
Ive been trying different things in Path of Building though, and ive noticed that the lifeleech gem gives a lot more leech than warlords mark, so ive been thinking of switching warlords mark for elemental weakness, but id run into mana leech issues which i havent been able to think my way out of yet...

I was also wondering if you cast ele weakness manually? It doesnt seem to be socketed to any curse on hit setup. Jewels also seem to be kinda hard to come by with the right stats (or maybe im just cheap heh)
I have about 4.6k life at the moment, and the life gain has kinda slowed down, Im not sure what to do other than keep upgrading my jewels and get more life nodes. Ive been checking out the corruption on a singularity, and im not sure if its really worth it, it doesnt do much for the damage as far as i can tell, is there anything ive missed?

Also about lab running, Izaro is no problem and i can pretty much facetank him no problem, however Argus almost oneshots me, and i have to run around him all the time which is really frustrating to do, is there a trick to do him?

Check out my character: DuckSpin to see items/tree.
Last edited by Deficio on Sep 12, 2017, 1:12:15 PM
"
Deficio wrote:
Hey there Teek

I gotta say im really impressed with the build, it does so much for so cheap, until level 78 i ran maps with just a tabula and some random unique helm with resists the gloves and weapons, and it still kicked ass.

So far im still running with life leech socketed, as it allows me to be lazy and not pay as much attention... I also pathed a bit differently to iron reflexes as i was rather low on armor at first.
Ive been trying different things in Path of Building though, and ive noticed that the lifeleech gem gives a lot more leech than warlords mark, so ive been thinking of switching warlords mark for elemental weakness, but id run into mana leech issues which i havent been able to think my way out of yet...

I was also wondering if you cast ele weakness manually? It doesnt seem to be socketed to any curse on hit setup. Jewels also seem to be kinda hard to come by with the right stats (or maybe im just cheap heh)
I have about 4.6k life at the moment, and the life gain has kinda slowed down, Im not sure what to do other than keep upgrading my jewels and get more life nodes. Ive been checking out the corruption on a singularity, and im not sure if its really worth it, it doesnt do much for the damage as far as i can tell, is there anything ive missed?

Also about lab running, Izaro is no problem and i can pretty much facetank him no problem, however Argus almost oneshots me, and i have to run around him all the time which is really frustrating to do, is there a trick to do him?

Check out my character: DuckSpin to see items/tree.

basically argus is just a leech check, once you have enough health to tank at least 2 of his hits in a row and enough damage to leech back 1+ hit(s) worth of health it he's trivial, before i get to that point(early in a league) i usually just kite while he's enraged and then go back in. blind helps if you want to drop a green gem and you can always stack enough souls to use vaal grace for insurance

i cast ele weakness manually, i don't really have the gem sockets available to curse on hit unless i redo my cwdt link and having ele weakness on cwdt doesn't offer a consistent enough uptime especially against bosses. for trash mobs usually everything dies before i have the opportunity to cast ele weakness so i don't even bother.

as far as swapping warlords out, the mana issue is the main reason why i never bothered to do this.. it's just much easier to run warlords and leech both, i find it's not worth the sacrifice to either socket in clarity somewhere or else run mana leech in the main link. jewels with spell/phys and life combinations seem to have spiked due to the drop in CI popularity, i don't blame you for being cheap.. i feel the same way this league. just focus on getting life and at least one beneficial dps stat (spell damage while dual wielding is going to be the best)

the 10% extra cold conversion is pretty minimal but does offer a decent amount of damage when you consider how much cold pen we have and how much ele resist we reduce. it's not something i'd worry about until later on as it's heavily rng reliant and the currency is much better spent elsewhere
Hey Teek, Any thoughts on implementing a Queen of the forest gear build with this type of character. I am looking to maximize my uber lab runs any way possible and seeing builds out there with 600 MS is quite enticing, however I do love this build. I am having trouble finding a good rare chest piece that matches yours, if not a rare or queen of the forest maybe a Atziri Garb?
"
daveyo15 wrote:
Hey Teek, Any thoughts on implementing a Queen of the forest gear build with this type of character. I am looking to maximize my uber lab runs any way possible and seeing builds out there with 600 MS is quite enticing, however I do love this build. I am having trouble finding a good rare chest piece that matches yours, if not a rare or queen of the forest maybe a Atziri Garb?

queen of the forest won't work unless you drop iron reflexes as our evasion is technically 0 and it doesn't factor in the pre-conversion evasion rating to provide the move speed bonuses

and as far as atziri's goes it would definitely work but a rare has much more potential.

i have actually crafted my chest piece 3 leagues in a row using essences. essence of doubt(either t2 or if you have the money, t1) is what i have been using to craft mine.. here's what i managed to get in less than 100c each attempt. i would say more realistically like 40-60c. doubt essences are usually pretty cheap as well.

Last edited by teek on Sep 15, 2017, 2:11:44 AM
Hi

Enjoying the Build so far. Quick question wouldn't you be better off swaping added fire dmg for an added cold support?

Thanks
i'll have to check it out, haven't tried added cold since the 3.0 buff but i think added fire will still provide more

i'll post back here when i know
This seems like a build I've been looking for, but I have a couple of questions.
How would a Berserker fare with that build? I swapped it out in PoB, taking Aspect of Carnage, Pain Reaver and Rite of Ruin, and the numbers seem to have stayed more or less the same so it should work, unless there's something I didn't notice.
Occasionally swapping out BV for Charged Dash. Would that be disastrous? I really like the latter and want to incorporate it in a build like this. Also tried changing that in PoB and the dps dropped to 38k. Not going to happen I suppose.
How much is the Vaal Pact change going to affect it?

I suppose none of this really matters if the whole passive tree gets changed, but I'm just curious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info