[2.4] THE FREEZERATOR. Dual Cospri's Malice Crit Assassin Lacerate. Frostbolt/Arctic Breath/Vortex

Getting stunned on this build is almost a death sentence. I was thinking about grabbing eye of chayula or maybe some % chance to avoid stun nodes.
Warband: IGN: Benko
So I'm about to start this build and was wondering if it's ok to get a 5L chest at first, and if so which support gem you'd drop. I could get a 6L, but that would cost a good bit more which would offset the money I could be saving for an truly optimal chestpiece, or some of the other gear later. So is a 5L with 500-600 es good enough for early (non-red) maps, and which support would you drop?
"
So I'm about to start this build and was wondering if it's ok to get a 5L chest at first, and if so which support gem you'd drop. I could get a 6L, but that would cost a good bit more which would offset the money I could be saving for an truly optimal chestpiece, or some of the other gear later. So is a 5L with 500-600 es good enough for early (non-red) maps, and which support would you drop?

You can use Lacerate-Inc Crit Strikes-MultiStrike-Faster Attacks-Additional Accuracy. Inc AOE is nice, but its doable without it. This is the setup I'm using.
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
VixTrader wrote:
Also just a side note, they don't look as cool but I find that Cleave and Reave both work better than lacerate.

Lacerate is 1 attack but 2 hits, so 2 procs per attack, same thing for Double Strike and kinda the same for Cleave.

Cleave can work, but Reave is simply cutting your procs in half, can't see how that would work better than Lacerate.
"
Nallrad wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:
Also just a side note, they don't look as cool but I find that Cleave and Reave both work better than lacerate.

Lacerate is 1 attack but 2 hits, so 2 procs per attack, same thing for Double Strike and kinda the same for Cleave.

Cleave can work, but Reave is simply cutting your procs in half, can't see how that would work better than Lacerate.

Lacerate hits once with each weapon, not once with both weapons. It's not twice as fast as you seem to be implying...

Cyclone: obviously easy proc'ing because it's mindless, you don't have to stop to attack, but it doesn't direct the projectile spells very well so it works better if your purely using AOE nova's like Vortex or Ice Nova.

Lacerate: Looks cool, has a really good base range of area of attack, but again it only hits once per weapon so it's not like it's twice as fast or anything. It's actually the slowest melee attack skill of the 4.

Cleave: One swing hits with both weapons so it does proc both at once if it's a crit / accuracy check, and it's a faster base attack than lacerate. The downside is the area of attack range is pretty small. Good for bosses, less good for mapping.

Reave: Again attacks faster than lacerate, has a decent base range and it gets quite large when you get stacks, but it works way better with single weapon.
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Nallrad wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:

Lacerate hits once with each weapon, not once with both weapons. It's not twice as fast as you seem to be implying...

What's the difference? It's one hit for each weapon, same thing as Cleave. If you see 5.0 attacks per second, that's 10 swings per second and you don't even need two swords, yes, twice as fast.
When I said reave, I was meaning single weapon because of the range potential (vaal reave and reave) and that's why I clarified that in my next post about reave being a possible good choice for single weapon.

Lacerate does not proc twice as often as cleave and cyclone just because it swings twice per attack. It depends on how many monsters you're attacking, how close they are too you, what proximity they are to each other etc. it's a slower attack, but it has base range and you can direct projectiles so obviously it's a good choice depending on what spells you're using.

Not really sure what or why we're talking about this. There's like 5 melee skills that all have advantages and disadvantages so take your pick. I don't personally use lacerate, but if you like it, good on ya :) It's just not twice as fast as anything else and I was simply pointing out there are several other options...
Last edited by Mistletoes on Oct 18, 2016, 12:13:49 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:

Alright let's talk about 1h and DW.

Nothing is faster than cyclone 1h or DW, but cold skills are kinda weird to use with cyclone, only ice nova and vortex I can think about, and they dont do that much damage, also it's a smaller AoE.

DW:
Cleave: one swing, both weapons hit. Short range but very nice for single target. 2 procs
Lacerate: two swings, one for each weapon. 2 procs
Reave: one swing, alternating weapons each attack. 1 proc

1h:
Cleave: one swing. 1 proc
Lacerate: two swings, twice with the same weapon, (it always swings twice each attack, that's a Lacerate thing not a DW thing, the difference here is you use the same weapon for both swings). 2 procs
Reave: one swing. 1 proc

Lacerate is not used because "it looks cool", it's because it is just the best choise for long range melee skills, it hits twice per attack just like, Double Strike.

Also if you wanna bring AoE as well, Reave is an instant AoE, so each attack is one proc only, Lacerate goes in waves, that makes it so they can proc as they go. People always avoided instant AoE attacks when using CoC, it's the same here.

Oh how I wish we had a dummy on the hideout to test/show these things.
"
Yuufe wrote:
Getting stunned on this build is almost a death sentence. I was thinking about grabbing eye of chayula or maybe some % chance to avoid stun nodes.

You could always skip Vaal Haste/Disc or have atleast one of them and link Cast when stunned to prevent stuns instead of basically giving away a ammy with stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info