[2.4] THE FREEZERATOR. Dual Cospri's Malice Crit Assassin Lacerate. Frostbolt/Arctic Breath/Vortex

"
Nallrad wrote:
When using lacerate to proc cospri's malice, how much attack per second is needed to make full use of it? I assume whatever attacks per second is needed for 1 sword you just need double that for two.
I would like to know as well if dual wielding two cospri's with different gems is better than having something like a dorianys in the offhand.

First time doing a proc build so just reading the patch notes isn't enough for me.

with 2 spells and 1 cospris you want 10 attacks / sec before using a second cospris. Until you have more attacks / sec than that you are wasting alot of dps by equipping a second cospris over say a doryanis.
"
Nallrad wrote:
"
maddognils wrote:
"
Nallrad wrote:
When using lacerate to proc cospri's malice, how much attack per second is needed to make full use of it? I assume whatever attacks per second is needed for 1 sword you just need double that for two.
I would like to know as well if dual wielding two cospri's with different gems is better than having something like a dorianys in the offhand.

First time doing a proc build so just reading the patch notes isn't enough for me.

Lacerate slashes twice and each hit is an individual calculation for each separate malice.

*Slash 1 rolls a crit on malice nr 1. Spells are casted only from the malice that lacerated.*

*Slash 2 rolls a crit on malice nr 2. Spells are casted only from the malice that lacerated.*

That means we proc each malice 3 times when we multistrike.

If you use a doryanis in your offhand it should work exactly the same I believe. Lacerate also states that each enemy can get hit by both slashes. Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong, but I have never been able to proc one malice using the other.

I have 5.9 attack speed with lacerate with just one Cospri's while using a Doriany's just for the ele dmg. I suppose that is enough to hit the 100ms cap since it's 2 "attacks" per lacerate right? So I would need 10.0 attacks per second on the status menu to reach 20 "attacks" with lacerate for two Cospri's, right? That's gonna be hard to get.

To reach that you should swap out the whirling blades in the 20% more att speed with lacerate and just use a 4 link instead. accuracy gem is wasted if you have a diamond potion and inc aoe is wasted if you have a dying sun, making a 4 link in gloves with att speed a much better option over a 6 link.
By doing this you may be able to reach att speed above 10/sec and be able to get more dps by equipping a second cospris.
"
noescape80 wrote:

To reach that you should swap out the whirling blades in the 20% more att speed with lacerate and just use a 4 link instead. accuracy gem is wasted if you have a diamond potion and inc aoe is wasted if you have a dying sun, making a 4 link in gloves with att speed a much better option over a 6 link.
By doing this you may be able to reach att speed above 10/sec and be able to get more dps by equipping a second cospris.

That would definitely require you to get an attack speed roll on an ammy or ring. I'm at 7.12 with lightning golem and this
I'll reroll the attack speed mod when i can.
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
Yuufe wrote:
"
noescape80 wrote:

That would definitely require you to get an attack speed roll on an ammy or ring. I'm at 7.12 with lightning golem and this
I'll reroll the attack speed mod when i can.

It is not easy to reach at all. The gloves are mandatory, but you might want double att speed on jewels aswell.

Easiest way to reach this would be to go life and get all the juicy att speed nodes around ranger and duelist + bloodrage, but youll loose out on alot of spellcrit and crit multi. Im also running haste btw.

Im currently life and with charges up im at 11.84. Also making sure you divine your cospris to max att speed helps alot.

I dont even have att speed on rings.

Last edited by noescape80 on Oct 11, 2016, 4:00:19 AM
"
noescape80 wrote:
"
Nallrad wrote:

with 2 spells and 1 cospris you want 10 attacks / sec before using a second cospris. Until you have more attacks / sec than that you are wasting alot of dps by equipping a second cospris over say a doryanis.

So the 100ms cooldown is for each gem not the sword itself? Where did you find this info?
"
Nallrad wrote:
"
noescape80 wrote:
"
Nallrad wrote:

So the 100ms cooldown is for each gem not the sword itself? Where did you find this info?

I honestly cannot remember, did alot of searching and testing.
maybe youll find some info here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008/page/1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fr45kniC2g
"
noescape80 wrote:

It is not easy to reach at all. The gloves are mandatory, but you might want double att speed on jewels aswell.

Easiest way to reach this would be to go life and get all the juicy att speed nodes around ranger and duelist + bloodrage, but youll loose out on alot of spellcrit and crit multi. Im also running haste btw.

Im currently life and with charges up im at 11.84. Also making sure you divine your cospris to max att speed helps alot.

I dont even have att speed on rings.

OH wow. So it's a very different variant. I've been following this build exactly so I'm ES. What's your life pool atm? Did you grab acrobatics for defenses? Does the damage take a huge hit since you dont have a lot of crit multi and crit chance?
Last edited by Yuufe on Oct 12, 2016, 2:38:16 AM
So other than this being a fun build. How viable do you guys think this is?
"
Yuufe wrote:

OH wow. So it's a very different variant. I've been following this build exactly so I'm ES. What's your life pool atm? Did you grab acrobatics for defenses? Does the damage take a huge hit since you dont have a lot of crit multi and crit chance?

5,4klife with acro at 91. I need acro + phase acro to dodge reflect.
95% crit, 65%'ish spellcrit 400'ish multi so dmg is fine. The only boss that doesnt die in seconds are guardians, but only killed hydra so far since mapdrops.

How viable is the build? well to kill shaper you might have to go lowlife, but who knows really...
Just for anybody wondering since early on there was a discussion about Assassin vs Inquisitor. OP was totally right.

OMG crit chance is low for Inquisitor. For mapping it's fine, obviously everything melts but that's true for nearly any well made charater. But for bosses, it's SOOOOOOOOO annoying proc'ing so little.

Seriously, just go Assassin and shoot for capped Crit and accuracy. Way way more enjoyable to play and a lot safer in boss fights.

Also just a side note, they don't look as cool but I find that Cleave and Reave both work better than lacerate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info