Crits not generating power charges for Assassin

I'm playing an Assassin Blade Vortex build. I've got the ascendency points that give 10% chance to gain a power charge on non crit hit, but its taking FOREVER to get all 6 up.

Sometimes it takes 1/4 of the map just to see it get to 6 charges.

- My starting crit chance in town is 43%

- When I finally do get 6 charges up it's at the 95% cap.

any ideas on what's going on?

Last edited by VixTrader on Oct 1, 2016, 12:35:25 AM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2016, 4:24:58 PM
Let's assume you have a maximum of 10 BVs up at any given time. With your base 43% crit chance, about four of these crit and six don't.

Since you have 10% chance to get a p-charge on a non-crit, your six BVs that don't crit each have a 10% chance per hit to give you a p-charge.

First "wave" of hits would mean a 60% chance to get a p-charge.

Now if you have max p-charges, you have roughly half a percent chance to get a p-charge.

In short, the assassin's "p-charge on non-crit" isn't sufficient for anything on its own. With the obvious exception of niche builds.
*snip
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Oct 1, 2016, 2:22:06 AM
Latest gossips are that Orb of sorm+Pcoc+AoE+ICStrikes is the best setup to generate power charges.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745549

P charges is what drivesa your guy, so worth to sacrifice 1 4L. All these "10% for power/frenzy/endu charge on hit/crit" key are just joke. I see my endurance charge twice a month at best
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
Latest gossips are that Orb of sorm+Pcoc+AoE+ICStrikes is the best setup to generate power charges.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745549

P charges is what drivesa your guy, so worth to sacrifice 1 4L. All these "10% for power/frenzy/endu charge on hit/crit" key are just joke. I see my endurance charge twice a month at best

No, Orb of Storms and Blade Vortex are the best skills, with BV being superior in every way.
I assume your crit chance is too high with max power charges. But I don't know why you have so much problems getting any power charges, I have 42% crit chance and it takes maybe 4-5 packs until I am at max charges. Also how do you gain over 50% crit chance with 6 power charges? I go from 42% to 62% with 5 charges...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I assume your crit chance is too high with max power charges. But I don't know why you have so much problems getting any power charges, I have 42% crit chance and it takes maybe 4-5 packs until I am at max charges. Also how do you gain over 50% crit chance with 6 power charges? I go from 42% to 62% with 5 charges...

Assassin gains 0.5% base crit chance per p-charge, so all other crit chance stuff is essentially being multiplied.

Instead of, say, 7.9% base crit, with 6 p-charges you gain another 3% base. That's 10.9% right there. Now add in the 300% increased crit chance, and those charges alone give you 32.7% crit chance.

It stacks quite easily for Assassin with p-charges and Increased Critical Strikes support gems.
Drop Faster Casting/Increased AoE for Controlled Destruction (I prefer to drop Faster Casting), those 40% more spell damage are doing more damage than those 9% crit chance at full power charges (loose 1/10 of your damage to gain 40% more damage) and it should lower you crit chance enough to keep you on full power charges more reliably.

I would even drop maligaro's for facebreaker, a bit better power charge generation and and a huge boost to crit damage.
Last edited by Abelarde on Oct 2, 2016, 8:15:34 AM
"
Natharias wrote:
No, Orb of Storms and Blade Vortex are the best skills, with BV being superior in every way.

BV PCoC is not superior to Orb of Storms for a blade vortex build. It uses up your blade vortex stacks.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

BV PCoC is not superior to Orb of Storms for a blade vortex build. It uses up your blade vortex stacks.

I'm guessing Natty-poo meant on average / in general.

I haven't really done much experimenting with PCOC recently though, so I have no idea what setup is better than what when. The only thing I know is that Orb of Storms PCOC sucked mega lightning balls when I tried it on a recent build, so I stuck it on my Frenzy instead (making Frenzy responsible for 3 practical buffs on that character: Frenzy, Fortify, Power Charges)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 2, 2016, 2:29:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info