[2.4 Video] CWDT KYS (sometimes) Pathfinder Top Tier Clear Speed All Shaper Guardians Down ESC

Contents
1. Introduction
2. Videos
3. Build Mechanics
4. Skill Tree
5. Gear/How to gear
6. Leveling
7. Bandits
8. Gems/Links
9. Miscellaneous
10. Important Info

1. Introduction

Spoiler

This is my rendition of the ScoldBreath build popularized by reddit user iccoach123, with the posting of his original video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iuz1PAOkMo). I have been searching for the past week for a guide on how other people have been building this character and did not find any. My guide will explain the mechanics of the build and any modifications I made from the original poster’s skill tree. I do not take credit for the original build concept.

My character CWDTRNG is lvl 92 and has cleared every high tier map including the guardians with very difficult mods, it destroys high level content even the bosses. The only mod that really gives problems is elemental reflect, if you can run this mod, you are not doing enough dmg yet. This build is probably one of the fastest mappers I have ever played and I usually clear maps with good layouts in 2-3 minutes (I stop to pick up loot). The damage is so high that I almost never use righteous fire, but for certain tanky mobs like the essence mobs, t13+ bosses, maps with more monster life I do turn it on for the huge bonus damage that it provides.

2. Videos
Spoiler

T15 Overgrown Ruin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBguyxsIgcQ (sorry for not turning my mic off in this video)
T15 Core + Dark Forest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUyxMxnuBkE (Core is a really bad layout for this build, hard to cyclone in)
T16 Pit of the Chimera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeJgjJ5PVKU (deathless)
T16 Lair of the Hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfrw4T5a3UI (1 death due to sloppy mistake and also ele weakness with - max res really makes righteous fire rough to run)

3. Build Mechanics
Spoiler

This build uses the combination of scold’s bridle, a corrupted bitterdream which acts as an effective 9L, 3x Fevered Mind jewels to deal damage to yourself. In order to not KYS (Kill YourSelf for those who don't know the abbreviation) we use Zerphi’s Last Breath and MoM: damage is taken from our mana so that the flask is always up, and we recover 800% of mana cost as life which for me is around 3.7k life per cyclone cast, when you stack as much attack speed that I have you get almost 4 aps which is basically like gaining 4*3.7k = 14.8k life per second. The only way you can really die is if you somehow get 1 shot which we try to counter by using fortify and a rumi’s (with high flask effectiveness from ascendancy and witch nodes). The other way you can die and this has probably been around 90% of my deaths on this character...you KYS because you either have full mana and your Zerphi's ran out or you forgot to press your flask. And yes in the beginning you will KYS a lot as you will not be used to the playstyle, but after a day or two you should really stop doing that.

Core Unique Items:

4. Skill Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAdwEBwSzCC4I9AthDlwUIBUgF5YZjhm0Gjgc3B8CI_YknScvLOktgzIJMtE1kjbFN0w6WDrYOuE8BTwtPV89_EQNRUdFfkWdR35Ms02STeNQR1JTU1JVxlZIWGNfP2JaZU1mVGjyakNq-mxGbRlvO3Jsd-N4DXlofXV_gIKbg1-DzIPbhNmFMoV7hrOMz419jxqQVZeVl_SaO5rgm42et5_fogCjiqZXpwipbq9stfK3PrzqvTa-p8AawFTAZsEExq7Hncjw0B_Tftgk2L3pmOvu7Djtg-4O7w7veu987-vwH_Ft8kX2SPaj_gr-j_66_xA=?accountName=dragonon321&characterName=CWDTRNG

This is my build which has a lot less focus on life since I think getting almost 8k life is plenty, although if you feel that is not enough you can always follow the original user’s profile build which is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1607199.

I chose to take the mana nodes which improve flask duration and flask charges gained. With these nodes you can basically sustain your flasks in any boss fights with ads since you gain so many charges back. Also based on suggestions, elemental equilibrium fits in real nice since you can order the spells such that you maximize single target dps from flame surge.

Ascendancies are pretty obvious, they provide a lot of utility since our build is heavily based on flasks and we gain incredible damage bonus such as attack speed and elemental damage + chance to apply elemental status effects.

5. Gear/How to Gear
Spoiler

Other than the aforementioned uniques which are mandatory for the build there are some other pieces of gear that make a huge difference. Some require corrupted essences to craft so they can be quite pricy if you are unlucky with the crafting.

Gloves: We try to get as much spell damage as possible because all of our spells that proc from cwdt get scaled from increased spell dmg and we do not get that much from the tree. The added flat fire dmg is actually a huge dps increase using excel i calculated that flame surge gets about 30% more damage from the additional flat 200 fire dmg (essence of hysteria) which gets scaled by the 50% more multiplier on ignited enemies. With righteous fire on, we always apply ignite even in maps with the mod monsters cannot be affected by elemental ailments. Look for a high life roll with resistance and ideally a suffix open to craft attack speed.

Chest: Since we are constantly being “hit” by our own damage we have permanent onslaught when cycloning through maps. Look for a high life roll and resistances. Use a 6l to add in controlled destruction to all of our highest single target dps spells such as fireball, flame surge, vortex, and bladefall. Make sure to get an occultist's vestment for the implicit 10% spell damage and use essence of insanity to craft the onslaught mod.

Belt: High life (therefore strength too), resistances if needed, reduced flask charges used, and increased flask effect duration for our Rumi's and Dying Sun if possible.

Rings: one should be unset for your haste gem, you can opt for two unset rings and have righteous fire in the other...i chose to go for a coral ring for more life. If you go double unset rings you gain one more spell that you can cast but I did not think there was anything particularly useful to take other than perhaps another lvl 20 flame surge or molten shell for more single target dps which I dont have. Look for attack speed suffix if your res are already capped.

Shield: a rare with t1 life and res will give more life but rathpith is a great option as well since we are using rumi’s so that spell block is quite nice.

Boots: A rare with high life, res, and movement speed ideally you would want the labyrinth enchant 16% increased attack speed if you have killed recently as that would really be a nice boost to your proc rate for your CWDT spells.

Flasks:
Dying sun is amazing it gives 3 additional projectiles for freezing pulse, fireball, arctic breath, and ice spear and it gives almost 45% inc aoe for vortex, flame surge, bladefall, frost and shock nova.

Rumi’s for defensive purposes try and get a nice rolled attack block chance one since rathpith will help convert that to around 50% spell block.

Sapping eternal flask of dousing: crucial flask for the build allows you to ensure that you will have low mana so that you can feel safe to use your zerphi’s flask also turns off your righteous fire.

Quicksilver: obvious...gotta go fast.

Helm Labyrinth Enchant: Ideally look for increased attack speed with cyclone, although I imagine it would take quite a long time to farm that onto a scold's bridle.

Jewels: I go for maximum life %, spell damage, spell damage while holding a shield, attack speed while holding a shield, and attack speed

6. Leveling
Spoiler

Since we are a pathfinder we can do the meta thing where we throw blade vortex into a tabula with a bunch of support spells, you can spec into some more spell damage while leveling and respec them out later with the free quest points. I used double axioms with double heralds until I could switch to the double eclipse solaris wands which are awesome for blade vortex, at that point I switched my double heralds into just running blasphemy warlord's mark with hatred. You can start playing as CWDT KYS when you hit lvl 65 as long as you have the core unique items.

7. Bandits
Spoiler
Oak, Passive, Passive

8. Gems/Links
Spoiler

The red gem slot for CWDT can be anywhere but the order that the spells are cast are based on which socket location and which item the spell is placed in. The wiki has details here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
Helm: CWDT -> Ice Nova -> Fireball -> Shock Nova (order matters)
Body 6L: CWDT -> Vortex -> Flame Surge -> Freezing Pulse -> Molten Shell -> Controlled Destruction (Note the order of the links to maximize single target dps of flame surge with EE procs). If you don't have a 6L just get rid of Controlled Destruction and put in another spell
Helm: CWDT -> Ice Nova -> Fireball -> Shock Nova
Gloves 4L (make sure to get the corruption with additional fire damage for these spells, you can play around with which spells you put in here for higher damage): CWDT -> Arc -> Flame Surge -> Glacial Cascade
Boots 4L: CWDT -> Arctic Breath -> Ice Nova -> Bladefall
Shield 2L + 1 unlinked: CWDT -> Tempest Shield (for block), Righteous Fire
Haste in a green unset ring

9. Miscellaneous
Spoiler

Tested the bloodgrip amulet which has 100% increased life recovery rate from flasks, apparently it does not affect the life recovery from Zerphi's Last Breath.

Corrupting blood is very dangerous on this build, you need to keep cycloning to heal through it if you see corrupting blood stacks on your buff bar DO NOT STOP CYCLONING!

10. Important Info
Spoiler

Cyclone APS:
Cyclone Mana Cost:

You need a corrupted bitterdream with the corruption socketed gems are supported by level 12 weapon elemental damage!

I was getting pms in game and people linking their gear without the corruption, if you are doing this you cannot expect to proc your CWDT as much as I am doing in my videos. Other big problems people are having is thinking that you can right click your cyclone far away and proc continuously, this is not the case! PLEASE WATCH MY VIDEOS THAT I POSTED AND OBSERVE WHERE MY CURSOR IS IN COMPARISON TO MY CHARACTER, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CURSOR ALMOST RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR CHARACTER THEN YOU WILL NOT PROC CWDT NEARLY AS OFTEN!! I am not trying to get video views, that is not even my main youtube channel just making these videos to help people with the build.

Last edited by dragonon321 on Oct 3, 2016, 1:49:26 PM
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2016, 6:20:58 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Quit hitting yourself, quit hitting yourself, quit hitting yourself. Nice Build bro.
OH the memory :D Good work dude
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.
Great work.

I wonder if Bloodgrip amulet (100% increased Life Recovery from Flasks) will help for difficult situations (reflect, -max res).
"
I wonder if Bloodgrip amulet (100% increased Life Recovery from Flasks) will help for difficult situations (reflect, -max res).

I'll do some testing on this later I think without my amulet I am like almost res capped without my current amulet so i'll see how it goes. Also going to be working on some videos today will be recording some t15 maps and if any t16 guardian maps drop I'll be running those too.
"
dragonon321 wrote:
"

I'll do some testing on this later I think without my amulet I am like almost res capped without my current amulet so i'll see how it goes. Also going to be working on some videos today will be recording some t15 maps and if any t16 guardian maps drop I'll be running those too.

The build goes fine, clearing fast, lots of dps. They only problem i stumbled upon is atziri's reflect (tried to facetank reflect phase with bloodgrip + legacy rumi's, died instantly lol).
Why you didn't take Elemental equilibrium, drop Anger and put whatever aura ? (purity, haste...)
"
Why you didn't take Elemental equilibrium, drop Anger and put whatever aura ? (purity, haste...)

The build doesn't struggle with damage for white/blue mobs even at high tier maps with high monster life mods, I will be posting videos soon. My setup is more optimized for using this build to actually kill bosses at a decent speed, it's definitely not close to blade vortex single target dps level but it's a level that most people would find acceptable. Therefore if you take single target into consideration you would be using righteous fire and that would be constantly applying your fire damage and giving +25% fire resistance to the enemy constantly would lower our flame surge dps considerably. The single target dps from other spell elements such as shock nova, ice nova, ice spear, etc. is negligible when you compare it to flame surge this is due to the 50% more damage against ignited enemies.
Righteous fire doesn't hit therefore doesn't apply EE. This will boost flame surge damage even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info