Maybe Vorici's 6link isnt so bad....

Cue music - "Don't stop, belieeeeevinggg~"
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
6 linked a Shav's a few days ago. My one and only 6l so far in Essence. Took me something like 200 fuses. I went on trying everytime I got 10-20 fuses. Even though, the first 6l I ever linked myself was in Standard, right before Essence league launch day. That first one ever took me more than 2 years to happen LOL. Can't argue with RNG. Keep going, don't quit cause of that :).
Last edited by opethsland on Sep 28, 2016, 10:55:22 PM
Nah... needs more garlic. Oops... wrong quote, that's Australian not New Zealand.. my bad (and nonsensical too).

Well this is the ficticous world of Wraeclast where real game logic and real crafting mechanics are replaced by a mountain of RNG. By playing in GGG's RPG sandbox we must give up any notion that RNG is used in a fair and logical way.

Also by making this post you're wide open to a mountain of "RNG is RNG" and "ain't RBG a bitch" troll responses. Well, at least the trolls are right in that RNG as implemented in PoE by GGG is a super low % chance to craft gamble and is a bitch. I'm never asking for a rain of riches (I agree loot overload is very bad) but the extreme low RNG odds that GGG codes into PoE to make starvation of all things #1 and crafting a frustrating RNG crap shoot is just so way over the top that it is killing many good players right out of this arpg.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
opethsland wrote:
6 linked a Shav's a few days ago. My one and only 6l so far in Essence. Took me something like 200 fuses. I went on trying everytime I got 10-20 fuses. Even though, the first 6l I ever linked myself was in Standard, right before Essence league launch day. That first one ever took me more than 2 years to happen LOL. Can't argue with RNG. Keep going, don't quit cause of that :).

My point exactly about how awful GGG uses RNG. You can be wildly successful and get a 6L in 200 fuses or be super unlucky and burn 2000 fuses and come up empty. I proposed to GGG years ago that there be an additional field on the item record that shows hows many fuses have been used trying to 6L it and let us see it by holding down the Alt key (same as item level on gear) and then use it to slowly increase our chance to get a 6L with:

number_of_links = INT(RNG_formula + (sockets * (total_fuses_used /2000)))
++total_fuses_used

sockets = the # of sockets the gear has

So whatever low number the RNG_formula produces it is slowly increasing the odds that we can get a 6L. So for a new gear total_fuses_used is 0 thus 6 * 0 = 0 all the way up to 6 * (2000/2000) = 6. As the fuses used counter goes up our odds of getting a 6L (or a 5L or 4L) also slowly increase. This way you can buy a 6L for 1500 fuses or take a chance and try to roll one knowing that your maximum fuses used to get a 6L is capped at 2000. No more "I burned through 2000 fuses and no 6L" rant or QQ posts.

The nice added benefit to this is that the selling value of a 6 socket weapon or chest is higher as the total_fuses_used goes up. No more frustration over the 1st fuse used or the 2000th fuse used having exactly the same low RNG chance of resulting in a 6L. That is just stupid for GGG to not keep a fuses used counter on gear and increase our chance to 6L the more fuses we throw at it.

WE need real crafting and not just pure random RNG BS nonsense so this is a good start.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Lost almost 50+ ex on trying a 6 link...got no one in 3 years of play. The worst bullshit of this game.
Last edited by Troppomastro on Sep 29, 2016, 5:20:26 AM
Yeah, I also quit the game at one point while trying to 6l my Lioneye's glare which was worth 10 ex back then. That was before the Masters expansion so Vorici didn't even exist.

Last edited by veek91 on Sep 29, 2016, 5:22:48 AM
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Well i learned a lesson atleast,next time i find a BiS for a given build,it goes straight to Vorici.

Learned that lesson a long time ago myself. :( Today when I need a 6L I do not even think about linking it without Vorici.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Well i learned a lesson atleast,next time i find a BiS for a given build,it goes straight to Vorici.

Learned that lesson a long time ago myself. :( Today when I need a 6L I do not even think about linking it without Vorici.

Tyeh, but then you hear of some guy who makes two 6links with under 100 fusings and you fall for the trap again.

Well if your going for a 6-link your supposed to stop at 5-link and sell it to regain some currency. Then buy a new one and repeat. Still loose lots of currency if your rng is bad though.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:59:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info