Uber Lab Carry Jerk(s)

Still, if you were not clear about it, it's always a good idea to ask. :)
"
MimSiE wrote:

that would be impossible because like i previously said, I was not even aware it was a thing to let the carry keep the loot at the time.
"
Mrowen70 wrote:
"
MimSiE wrote:

that would be impossible because like i previously said, I was not even aware it was a thing to let the carry keep the loot at the time.

Well then, it was also impossible for the carry to "say upfront" that he's going to keep the loot, coz he wasnt even aware it wass a thing to demand loot after being carried through uber lab for free.
"
Mrowen70 wrote:
"
MimSiE wrote:

Ahh, I see the problem now. It was advertised as a free service, you were under the impression that it was totally free. Yes, it is standard practice for the runner to keep loot items that drop from the chests. They're saving you the orbs, and they get some items in return. Oftentimes the items aren't even that good, so you do often still get the run totally free. :)

Just use it as a learning experience, move on and find someone who will let you keep the items. Be happy nothing like what happened to me has happened to you yet! I used one of these uber lab carry services, and the guy got an exalt drop! That's how these runs go though. I got the points, he walked away with an exalt - more than what these runs usually cost. That's why people offer these carry services... they sometimes run high rarity gear, the Item Rarity gem and the legacy Increased Quantity gem in the hopes that they can earn more than what they would earn if they had charged for the run.

It's all perfectly legit though. Nothing you can do about it. They're taking as much of a risk as you are.
Last edited by MimSiE on Sep 28, 2016, 2:35:17 PM
OP is right. Loot is split on lab carries; unless otherwise stated. Source: Both carrying and being carried numerous times. I suggest you check in global 820 before trusting noticeboard.

However, there is no way to prevent scamming.

PSA: Free means no charge, no entrance fee, no loot, and no tips. "Free carry - your offering" = dumbass carrier.
Last edited by SuicideAll on Sep 28, 2016, 2:45:25 PM
As someone who does Uber carries occasionally it is best to sort yourself out first.

I've even done a carry for 1ex before, Although the person being carried wanted all keys at the end. Which at that price I was happy to let him have, Apparently he dropped something worth 3 ex from the chests so we were both happy.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 28, 2016, 6:23:36 PM
"
LBJames wrote:
I never used lab service so I always thought the carrier provides the service for the free offering(enchant) and fee. And the loot was split.
+1
Uber lab carry means they will kill Izaro and help you get to the ascendancy altar. Nothing else is part of the deal unless specified. So, if you don't sort out who gets loot/etc beforehand, then of course you need to sort it out at the end. Which you seemed to do fine.

I don't see the need to make a thread or argue about it with other people - it's between you and the carrier. The carrier offered to carry you, and they did - so nothing wrong there. Then you played afk chicken over the treasure chest loot, and the carrier graciously accepted defeat. Again, you are both allowed to do that if you want to.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Depends on the person. I had my ranger carried last league because I sucked at her and wanted the points before I got geared up. someone advertised free runs, I gave my pass and we went in and finished. Dispite me pissing them off a couple times because I didn't know where I was supposed to stay while they went and got keys and stuff. At the end I fully expected them to be mad and refuse to open chests , but they did anyway.

I am prolly on their ignore list now :D
"
MimSiE wrote:

It can be difficult to ask about things one does not know exist.

I would not have known that someone had an expectation to all the treasure-- should I ever use such a 'service' should I expect to give them every little thing of value from the entire run?

I would have expected the person running the 'service' to be upfront about details and costs. If you say free most people are going to think free.

** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info