[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

So maybe stupid question but it's the first time I spec Pendulum of Destruction.

How the hell are we supposed to know when it's active? There are no visible buffs that I can tell. Am I supposed to count to 10 in my head to know? I feel like I can never use the 100% ele bonus damage because I don't even know when it will activate to prep a pizza.
"
Namcap wrote:
So maybe stupid question but it's the first time I spec Pendulum of Destruction.

How the hell are we supposed to know when it's active? There are no visible buffs that I can tell. Am I supposed to count to 10 in my head to know? I feel like I can never use the 100% ele bonus damage because I don't even know when it will activate to prep a pizza.

It also gives 25% aoe which is visible, so if you feel safe you can tell when your FB gets bigger while charging and release at that point.

T12 bosses get 1-2 shot from 5L FB with conc, even with hexproof, so I'd say you don't need to worry too early.
im lvl 57 and im having big trouble leveling with that build the cast time and the aoe range is so small .... is there something i missed ?
can you give an actual leveling guide for this? i have no hp and barely any dmg with the cloak of flame + double ashcaller setup, i cant do cruel izaro since i get 1 shot by almost every attack and the flameblast takes forever to stack ( when do you even pick up cast speed nodes? im at lvl 56 and you picked like 2 nodes)
"
SupaaaNova wrote:
im lvl 57 and im having big trouble leveling with that build the cast time and the aoe range is so small .... is there something i missed ?

You have Beacon of Ruin ascendancy, which proliferates your skills. You also have Elemental Proliferation Support, which now is useless. It actually gimps you since it gives "23% less damage". Replace that with Increased Area of Effect Support.

When you have iAOE gem, you can cast 3-stack pizza very fast, which covers nice area and proliferates the burning to nearby enemies. At this point of the game don't kill everything, just majority of big monster packs. Run through everything and occasionally cast pizza on big pack, don't leave to check the loot, keep going.

Also, at this point I'd stack life instead of ES (I was a hybrid at some point with 2k life and 2k ES). And pick fewer ES nodes and more damage nodes. There aree three jewel nodes, which you haven't picked yet. Those boost damage nicely.

Edit: You have Eyey of Chayula amulet. Don't equip it until you spec into Chaos Inoculation.
Last edited by Wermine on Oct 30, 2016, 1:59:42 AM
"
Namcap wrote:

The Pendulum does not have any indication. You can see the fb's ranger becomes bigger when it is on. But no need to "wait" for it to do anything. Just pretend it does not exist. Do what you need to do. The damage is good enough even without it. The Pendulum is more like an implicit buff. You probably can't see it. But it is there.
"
melao13 wrote:
Guys, what about take "Holy fire" node ? we can eazly take it with 4points and gain +70% burning dmg, and if we use increased burning damage on 6TH link will give around +70%. 140% burning dmg is OP, it isn't ? worth the effort ?

No. Not worth the points. If you want more damage you can pick the elemental damage nodes at the start of the Shadow area (but only do so after you have completed the lvl91 tree).
I was a bit bored and someone asked about ascendancies couple pages back and I myself had to search wiki for them. So I created this:

Elementalist Ascendancies
how do you guys deal with ele reflect i dont do ele reflect map but sometime in maps there a rare mobs with ele reflect and i 1hit myself at 12k ES
u die.
I ran fast in ehc until 1 random selfshot of random mob (wasnt 10x obviously, just like 5x-6x max)
paragon of calamity will most likely save you. if you can afford some mistakes aka sc no problem obviously
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info