[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

Hi,

I'm lvl 68 and actually finding the damage a bit underwhelming. What did people use pre-Doryani's?

I've tried Merc. Izaro twice now and both times got killed in the end room. Even putting full stacks onto him doesn't do too much damage. Do I need 20% Gems? My flamebast is 19% but most supports are in the 10-12% range.

Also ... to get the 2 curses to trigger I have to run in, OoS (which centers on me), run back out, and then Pizza-blast. Is that the playstyle? I've levelled a few other chars up to 75+ and this one actually feels slower at clearing that most others I've played.

I'll keep going - obviously everyone else is having a blast (bad pun!) so maybe my gear is wrong (although I have 5 link, 5.5k ES and 1.5k life, resists capped ... not gone CI yet but will in 2 levels).

Character is here in case anyone can be bothered to take a look - called ZedZed_Pizza! :-)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zedzed_uk/characters

Last edited by zedzed_uk on Oct 26, 2016, 11:23:26 AM
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Hi,

I'm lvl 68 and actually finding the damage a bit underwhelming. What did people use pre-Doryani's?

I've tried Merc. Izaro twice now and both times got killed in the end room. Even putting full stacks onto him doesn't do too much damage. Do I need 20% Gems? My flamebast is 19% but most supports are in the 10-12% range.

Also ... to get the 2 curses to trigger I have to run in, OoS (which centers on me), run back out, and then Pizza-blast. Is that the playstyle? I've levelled a few other chars up to 75+ and this one actually feels slower at clearing that most others I've played.

I'll keep going - obviously everyone else is having a blast (bad pun!) so maybe my gear is wrong (although I have 5 link, 5.5k ES and 1.5k life, resists capped ... not gone CI yet but will in 2 levels).

Character is here in case anyone can be bothered to take a look - called ZedZed_Pizza! :-)

have a glance at ur gears, i think u should use at least lv20 flamebast instead of ur lv16 flamebast, which has 40% more damage.

For skill tree, u should go Elemental Equilibrium node.

For weapon, u can use a high damage wand instead, e.g vaal sceptre.
Last edited by TwoFat233 on Oct 26, 2016, 12:42:34 PM
"
melao13 wrote:
"
Draconianpr wrote:
Not sure if I'm blind but wanted to ask on the jewels does spell damage affect the skill?
I've read that the best are area damage, elemental and like plain damage but not sure if spells also affects it.

In that case also does the 30% spell damage from pain atunement affects it or not?

In case of Low life option, i would use anger reserved on life, the spell damage of pain attunement will be a "bonus".

I do not know if it's worth the effort, if CI is better D:

dont know whether low life option is better. but i think anger is not a good choise.
The anger aura adds extra fire attack and spell damage, which makes EE invalid.
how you deal with chimera boss? you have no videos... that boss is hard
"
Dorfy wrote:
"
Stupid question. I searched a bit on the last 5 pages and I can't make my mind.

I want another character just to swap from my main toon and kill t14~t15 bosses (some are risky for me, I play a squishy LA assassin) and kill them with ease.

Plan is: Tp OUT, switch to "THE DEBUFFING PIZZA", kill the boss and then get back to my main.

Would this build suit me? I've read a lot, it seems interesting to play but I wonder if there are better options for this specific role - boss killer (as this build has low/no MF). I'm between going this (for style) or just going plain retarded SRS.

Thank you.

Well so far pretty mush all bosses 15 and below have been easy for me with my non optimal char so I would say it would fill that role just fine.

I still use my trusty SRS for the crazy rolled bosses myself but when I finish leveling the FlameBlaster I will have a choice of two chars depending on exact Boss / mods.

Thanks man!!
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Hi,

i myself dont know the op style but i developed the flow like this: hit the quicksilver flask, use a 2~3 stack pizza on trash mob run near them and use OoS, then use the momentum of the proliferation and keep casting OoS to nearby mobs that approaches, even decoy totem can kite them to the prolif, you can manage even with mobs coming in all directions
what really does damage is the burning damage that proliferates, when you reach near lvl 80 your damage you ramp up enormously, i did tier 16 at lvl 81, only dying at the boss
i think your ES is too low, i would try to invest a lil more before going CI
"
Draconianpr wrote:
Not sure if I'm blind but wanted to ask on the jewels does spell damage affect the skill?
I've read that the best are area damage, elemental and like plain damage but not sure if spells also affects it.

In that case also does the 30% spell damage from pain atunement affects it or not?

Yes, but Spell Damage only increases the initial hit.
"
Stupid question. I searched a bit on the last 5 pages and I can't make my mind.

I want another character just to swap from my main toon and kill t14~t15 bosses (some are risky for me, I play a squishy LA assassin) and kill them with ease.

Plan is: Tp OUT, switch to "THE DEBUFFING PIZZA", kill the boss and then get back to my main.

Would this build suit me? I've read a lot, it seems interesting to play but I wonder if there are better options for this specific role - boss killer (as this build has low/no MF). I'm between going this (for style) or just going plain retarded SRS.

Thank you.

If you are looking for a boss killer then this build should suits you well. It doesn't require special gears so you can always put MF gears on.
"
paraply wrote:
how you deal with chimera boss? you have no videos... that boss is hard

Use Decoy Totem. It works pretty well.
"
TwoFat233 wrote:
"
melao13 wrote:
"
Draconianpr wrote:

In case of Low life option, i would use anger reserved on life, the spell damage of pain attunement will be a "bonus".

I do not know if it's worth the effort, if CI is better D:

dont know whether low life option is better. but i think anger is not a good choise.
The anger aura adds extra fire attack and spell damage, which makes EE invalid.

You are right. Beside, no need to stack more damage really. QoL auras such as Fire resist / Haste or even one curse more on blasphemy is recommended ( so you can use Inc. Crit/AOE on OoS.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info