Carnage Box Videos and Development Manifesto

Bought 2 boxes, got a Crimson weapon effect and 5 skin transfers.

Decided I'd never buy any again.

Boxes just aren't for me, I'll wait till they're sold ordinarily.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
dotori242 wrote:
More RNG scam box promo smh. Please, sell your mtx fair and square and until you do so I'm not buying a single supporter pack.
Its not a scam at all, its called self control.

I bought 4 boxes for 100 points, ended up with like 800 points worth MTX.

Gore Weta - 200
Gore Worm - 120
Carnage Wings - 310(ish probably)
Vampiric Weapon Effect - 195

Boy i sure got scammed by getting 8 times what i spent back. Also youve clearly never rolled a single box in other games like CS/TF2 if you think these are a scam lul.

First of all, GGG didn't make this system for [Removed by Support] like you who have no points. They made it so that rich guys with 4k+ points like I did would be tempted to play lottery.

Second, having self control or having good luck is entirely besides the point as the issue is that they are locking creative contents behind RNG and giving it 4 months lag, which causes frustration for players who then prudently decides to wait for it. GGG could easily have been more diligent with their MTX cycle and actually offer us content per value instead of taking the lazy way out.[Removed by Support]

Third, good job comparing this game to CS/TF2 since obviously path of exile needs to be exactly like CS/TF2. Hell, why stop there? Go ahead and encourage GGG for more corporate practices from other games too since obviously you'll swallow up any turd given to you while doing your best to justify why lol.

Fourth and final, players suggested getting rid of useless crap like skin transfer and firework while giving us ability to sell duplicates as they'll clutter up our inventories(this coming from a guy with 6+, mtx inventory btw). Yet GGG adamantly made the decision to use the exact same scam box model they used in the beginning, with all the gripes of players and broken percentage included. Open your eyes kid and come back when you have a real argument.
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 6:28:57 AM
The only thing I wanted out of these boxes was reaper spectral throw, and after 40 bucks worth of vetas and sacrificial shrines I won't even look at these boxes anymore. Yeah, the business model definitely works as they got my money, but I'd very much like to buy what I want for a certain price instead of getting 2 inventories full of things that I have no interest in using.

Last league the only thing I wanted was Gloom Herald and didn't get that either... I keep falling for it and I feel more shitty about GGG and this bullshit business model every time I do, please at least put them in the shop separately for increased prices or whatever. Let's just say GGG is the last company I was expecting to start utilizing players' inherent gambling addictions.
Last edited by Reductant on Sep 27, 2016, 5:39:06 AM
"
dotori242 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
dotori242 wrote:
More RNG scam box promo smh. Please, sell your mtx fair and square and until you do so I'm not buying a single supporter pack.
Its not a scam at all, its called self control.

Gore Weta - 200
Gore Worm - 120

Boy i sure got scammed by getting 8 times what i spent back. Also youve clearly never rolled a single box in other games like CS/TF2 if you think these are a scam lul.

First of all, GGG didn't make this system for [Removed by Support] like you who have no points. They made it so that rich guys with 4k+ points like I did would be tempted to play lottery.

Second, having self control or having good luck is entirely besides the point as the issue is that they are locking creative contents behind RNG and giving it 4 months lag, which causes frustration for players who then prudently decides to wait for it. GGG could easily have been more diligent with their MTX cycle and actually offer us content per value instead of taking the lazy way out. [Removed by Support]
Third, good job comparing this game to CS/TF2 since obviously path of exile needs to be exactly like CS/TF2. Hell, why stop there? Go ahead and encourage GGG for more corporate practices from other games too since obviously you'll swallow up any turd given to you while doing your best to justify why lol.

Fourth and final, players suggested getting rid of useless crap like skin transfer and firework while giving us ability to sell duplicates as they'll clutter up our inventories(this coming from a guy with 6+, mtx inventory btw). Yet GGG adamantly made the decision to use the exact same scam box model they used in the beginning, with all the gripes of players and broken percentage included. Open your eyes kid and come back when you have a real argument.
Sounding pretty salty there with your lack of self control and completely illogical ranting.

"[Removed by Support] with no points" lol'd if youre soo rich why are you complaining about a handful of points ? Not that im poor or anything, far from it actually, i guess the difference is being smart enough to understand when to stop and when statistically you lose more than what youd win, enough though everything is well above the value of 25 points aside from the 5 stack of skin transfers which is of equal value to what would has been spent.

Its perfectly comparable to TF2 and CSGO. The odds are you lose 99% of the time, you win 1% of the time, you quite literally spend $2.50 on a complete gamble that you know is stacked against you and you also know that that $2.50 item you just rolled will instantly deprecate in price meaning you are quite literally gambling to lose with the full intention on receiving zero return, losing money.

Its actually hilarious how youre trying to call GGG greedy when anyone who can do basic math can calculate the value of supporter packs.

"Oh no my supporter pack points gotten eatten up because of my lack of self control and logic! I better go complain about it even though the point value is exactly what i paid for and everything else included in my supporter pack is free goodies given as a thank you for supporting the game".

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 6:30:54 AM
when can we buy gloom box sets?! i really want obsidian seraph :)

Gore Weta - 200
Gore Worm - 120

Boy i sure got scammed by getting 8 times what i spent back. Also youve clearly never rolled a single box in other games like CS/TF2 if you think these are a scam lul.[/quote]

Second, having self control or having good luck is entirely besides the point as the issue is that they are locking creative contents behind RNG and giving it 4 months lag, which causes frustration for players who then prudently decides to wait for it. GGG could easily have been more diligent with their MTX cycle and actually offer us content per value instead of taking the lazy way out. [Removed by Support]

Fourth and final, players suggested getting rid of useless crap like skin transfer and firework while giving us ability to sell duplicates as they'll clutter up our inventories(this coming from a guy with 6+, mtx inventory btw). Yet GGG adamantly made the decision to use the exact same scam box model they used in the beginning, with all the gripes of players and broken percentage included. Open your eyes kid and come back when you have a real argument.[/quote]Sounding pretty salty there with your lack of self control and completely illogical ranting.

"[Removed by Support] with no points" lol'd if youre soo rich why are you complaining about a handful of points ? Not that im poor or anything, far from it actually, i guess the difference is being smart enough to understand when to stop and when statistically you lose more than what youd win, enough though everything is well above the value of 25 points aside from the 5 stack of skin transfers which is of equal value to what would has been spent.

Its perfectly comparable to TF2 and CSGO. The odds are you lose 99% of the time, you win 1% of the time, you quite literally spend $2.50 on a complete gamble that you know is stacked against you and you also know that that $2.50 item you just rolled will instantly deprecate in price meaning you are quite literally gambling to lose with the full intention on receiving zero return, losing money.

Its actually hilarious how youre trying to call GGG greedy when anyone who can do basic math can calculate the value of supporter packs.

"Oh no my supporter pack points gotten eatten up because of my lack of self control and logic! I better go complain about it even though the point value is exactly what i paid for and everything else included in my supporter pack is free goodies given as a thank you for supporting the game".

[/quote]

@Tin_foil[Removed by Support] Lmfao I don't see a problem calling a [Removed by Support] who is happy about getting gore wing from a lottery a [Removed by Support]. [Removed by Support] And salty? No, this is merely an observation and a matter that is entirely unrelated to you as you are neither targeted consumer for this RNG box oh master of statistics. And my point was that this game had no reason to adapt this RNG boxes [Removed by Support]. You yourself said it, lose 99 perc and win 1 perc, yet here you are supporting it like [Removed by Support] /clap /clap. And no this scam box didn't put a scratch on my initial 4k since I have no reason to spend points on random RNG like some smart statistician I could mention, not that it concerns you [Removed by Support]. Please, make more brilliant comparisons and arguments that is completely besides the point. It's a great source of entertainment for me and for free!

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 6:35:00 AM
@Dotori242

You sure do have trouble reading, the fact that you took the CS/TF2 comparison and completely misinterpreted it entirely really tells me alot about yourself, you should really stop projecting yourself through insults towards other users :D

"
dotori242 wrote:
DO.NOT.BUY I've spent 2k points on last mystery and this is pure skin transfer baiting. Unless you enjoy getting 5 stashes of same mtx you cannot even get rid of, DO.NOT.BUY this. Chris I love poe but I cannot promote this sickening shameless practice. If you want money put out mtx worthy of it without RNG bs, then I'll gladly buy supporter packs and mtx. Guys, please resist temptation and vote with your wallet about this evil practice GGG seems to cannot let go of.

[Removed by Support]

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 6:42:03 AM
Bore helmet??? lol XD
"
monosama wrote:
when can we buy gloom box sets?! i really want obsidian seraph :)
I believe the Darkness Mystery boxes will come out directly purchasable in October if they follow the same structure as the ones before it.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
@Dotori242

You sure do have trouble reading, the fact that you took the CS/TF2 comparison and completely misinterpreted it entirely really tells me alot about yourself, you should really stop projecting yourself through insults towards other users :D

@Tin_foil_[Removed by Support]

You sure have gotten riled up rofl, thx for looking me up on forum. But sorry I refuse to waste time looking through a nobody's profile. Yes I had 4k from supporter, 2k from sales so as a matter of fact 2k points didn't make a dent rofl. Here is a picture of you being relevant.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 27, 2016, 6:40:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info