Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

I really hope that you consider making a closed beta testing to make sure that this reforging ends up being balanced
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Damn, I thought you will drop the ancient mechanic from D2 and remove Cruel :( It's really annoying to go through the same content three times and you can't do anything than that. Maybe some other options to start a game except story, like endless ledge or something?

Edit: Oh wait, you drop it! Cool I thought it's like super future manifesto, saying total 10-15 acts per difficulty. You had plan to make 10 acts after all... I wouldn't call a1c a6, hence not "ten acts". That made me confused for a moment.

"
before the end-game.
Huge words. I would call it "before mapping". It's not an end-game, at least it shouldn't be and I hope you think that too, having something in mind except maps. Shaper worlds=multidimensional adventure or main land, where exiles come from.

And of course, like someone has already mentioned before:
"

There are a lot of issues I have with the current state of the game.

- meta bullshit (ES, BV whatever)
- map mods resulting in harsh build restrictions
- annoying damage spiking
- one shot bullshit bosses
- unplayable melee

Everything is bad balance. Just make CI work with BM and give more items with anti-reflect mechanic or boost Purities. For example now, Flame Totem on BM can do ANY map, while pure ele build have issues with reflect, BM, regen, etc. Guardians are not well balanced, Hydra is OP (one shooting, almost impossible to avoid), while others seem a little weak. Ah and of course I would add very very poor servers. There are hardly any rotas without a single DC now. Not to mention occasional lag-spikes.
Last edited by Gosen on Sep 27, 2016, 6:57:02 AM
Cool news! But pls pls pls this time dont create short act! Give us something similar to act 3 (lab is act 4 content so it doesnt count). And put more quests and side quests!
It is definitely nice to see that length of time spent going through acts multiple times is addressed.

However, please never go too far with it. There is quality of life and quality of gameplay. The latter of which should always outweigh the former.

This is an aRPG. And it is very important in an RPG to feel involved and immersed in your character going through a story.

Spreadsheets are for the drawing board, my personal favorite place in regards to PoE. But let the game be the game!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
i wonder if they'll keep the -60% rez for the second difficulty, quite a jump from 0, unless they ramp it up mid way through an act it's going to be quite a kick in the teeth for new players

I'd go normal rez for Act 1-3 then -20 for 4-5 and full -60 for the second go at 1-5.

Another option would be to have normal - no penalty, difficulty level 2 -20% and maps -60%
ooh this is great!
They didn't say they're removing Cruel.

It might work like this:

AI=>AIII = Normal, AIV=>AII2 = Cruel, AIII2 => AV2 = Merciless

Ten difficulty levels can still be split up three ways. Though, it would be a little weird to lose your resists right after beating Dominus.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Let it be winter themed! something original at least,it's sickening running through deserts,caves old crypts and jungle....oh yeah and lava,as if that was the most creative idea ever.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Gosen wrote:
Damn, I thought you will drop the ancient mechanic from D2 and remove Cruel :( It's really annoying to go through the same content three times and you can't do anything than that. Maybe some other options to start a game except story, like endless ledge or something?

Edit: Oh wait, you drop it! Cool I thought it's like super future manifesto, saying total 10-15 acts per difficulty. You had plan to make 10 acts after all... I wouldn't call a1c a6, hence not "ten acts". That made me confused for a moment.

"
before the end-game.
Huge words. I would call it "before mapping". It's not an end-game, at least it shouldn't be and I hope you think that too, having something in mind except maps. Shaper worlds=multidimensional adventure or main land, where exiles come from.

And of course, like someone has already mentioned before:
"

There are a lot of issues I have with the current state of the game.

- meta bullshit (ES, BV whatever)
- map mods resulting in harsh build restrictions
- annoying damage spiking
- one shot bullshit bosses
- unplayable melee

Everything is bad balance. Just make CI work with BM and give more items with anti-reflect mechanic or boost Purities. For example now, Flame Totem on BM can do ANY map, while pure ele build have issues with reflect, BM, regen, etc. Guardians are not well balanced, Hydra is OP (one shooting, almost impossible to avoid), while others seem a little weak. Ah and of course I would add very very poor servers. There are hardly any rotas without a single DC now. Not to mention occasional lag-spikes.

Maps have always been,and will be the end game,they have said it them selves.
Mods are fine,the intent never was to allow players faceroll everything with whatever they happen to have.
As for meta? every season,every year has had them,unless they homogenize every single aspect of the game down to single digits and basic attack patterns,players will always minmax and thus end up creating the ''meta'' builds.
One shot mechanics are fine as long as they are predictable,as far as i know 90% are,if you need more than 3-5 seconds to be able to spot a killing blow from a boss or nasty mob,then it's most likely your own fault.
As for melee? yeah,can't disagree.
P.S. remember - the game was built around the idea that not every build will be able to do everything the game can throw at you. Skipping a boss or a crazy modded regular mob is expected of you,if you can't deal with it.
No rest for the wicked.
I'm not sure why you need difficulty levels in the long run.
With 10-15 acts you could phase out difficulty levels altogether and just make resistance and enemy difficulty scale along the way.

Cuz you wanna know what really bores the shit out of me? Repeating myself.
Rarely do I ever get to endgame because I am bored shitless by doing the story 2-3 times.

If difficulty scaled incrementally between acts, and later included an optional 'hard mode' version of previous acts in case you wanted to redo old areas that are simply bumped up to whatever level you at, then that would work far better then the current system you have now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info