[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

I finally picked up a 6L atziri's and rapid decay makes a delightful difference. My issue is now I have too much attack speed, I dropped wrecking ball (20% phys and 10% attack) for a 15% phys node and now with blood rage and 3 frenzy stacks ( I like the frenzy for the 12% more damage) i'm at .34 seconds for my attack speed and eq duration. The only issue I have is when I have onslaught I have too much attack speed and must move slightly before attacking. Should I drop more attack speed off my build? I could drop some attack speed jewels possibly, but they are quite decent as is. Or should I just roll with it since most time you have onslaught it's doing trash, where your moving anyways?

Also, as a side note, any see anyplace I can improve my gear next?
Would this build be viable for cyclone? I would love to have atziri's disfavour as end goal for a cyclone build!
Do you think you will make a Sunder build once 3.0 comes out or no?
"
Korach wrote:
Do you think you will make a Sunder build once 3.0 comes out or no?

I've been playing both an Earthquake and Sunder Slayer in the 3.0 Beta. After testing the numbers and getting a feel for both play styles, I'm personally leaning towards a Sunder build for 3.0. Even as a starter it is insanely strong and a huge pleasure to level. It has the power to smash through the new acts with sub-par SSF gear and the overall DPS comparison bring Sunder ahead of Earthquake.

The only thing I miss about EQ is the kiting into Aftershock play that can be helpful for bosses, but I found the raw power of Sunder to simply beat them down (along with a well placed Warchief totem), especially when bosses start producing adds for Sunders' secondary explosions.

In my opinion, Poison is incredibly ineffective at this point in time in the Beta, and I'm still testing out whether to use it in place of a physical only build or an elemental aura build. So far I can't get the poison DPS high enough to beat either of the other two.

Spoiler
Bleed is rumoured by GGG to see a large buff and the changes to some axe nodes already synergize well with this build (and the Disfavour). Once the proposed Bleed keystone and other buff's arrive, I see this build transitioning to an awesome bleed proc'r.

In any case, I've done a fair bit of my own research, so if Norse doesn't do an updated EQ/Sunder build (and I'm hoping he will), then I'd be happy to make my own comprehensive guide to help people out.
Last edited by PuppySin on Jul 5, 2017, 8:10:36 PM
What do you guys think about the buffed carnage heart for this build?
sorry for the dumb question but im new to the game. i'm just getting towards the end of merc and with both hatred and ash up i seem to run short of mana sometimes if im really cruising through the stage. Where do you get your mana regen on your map runs? i have about the same amount of mana as you and i didn't see any leech or anything but you had about 3 times as much mana regen. thanks.
jewel
Shaper down with this build :) I hope the 3.0 bleed and poison nerf will not remove too much damage for this build.
"
akeldama1984 wrote:
sorry for the dumb question but im new to the game. i'm just getting towards the end of merc and with both hatred and ash up i seem to run short of mana sometimes if im really cruising through the stage. Where do you get your mana regen on your map runs? i have about the same amount of mana as you and i didn't see any leech or anything but you had about 3 times as much mana regen. thanks.

Jewels are the answer. Make sure you have mana leech either on the tree or on gear, and if you are still having problems, you can try to use leap slam with blood magic.
very nice guide norse! you'll up date it for the 3.0 relase?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info