I keep playing alot, I barely get any Ex !

"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
I don't understand if ex is so rare where they all came from? There seems to be plenty of people have tons of exalts. But there's no recipe, and everyone says they're not farmed and to be really lucky to get one. So where did they all come from?

Less then 1% of games population is using forums. There are thousands of exalts out there.

If every player on average dropped 2 ex per league and lets say 3k ppl playing(we saw 50k queues during launch lol), that's 6k exalts on the market already.

More hardcore(do not mistake for LogOutCore) players play meta fast clearing builds like Vspark and such, their clear speed is insane, they may be dropping 2-3 exalts a day.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
I keep playing alot and i get banned for it tehee.
You know vast majority of people wealth isn't actually having hard exalt dropping right.

It's a accumulation of many multiple sources of wealth + the basic level income of alterations shards from rares.

If you think thinking in basis of literally "Farming" 10 exalts via hard drops then your going to be upset.

Pretend all of the currencies in the game assigned a gold value instead and exalt is just a lucky treasure that is a lot of gold.

In a normal game you don't just farm only counting the lucky large drops worth in gold (items or a gold chest).

You make most of your money constantly farming and building up until that amount with multiple smaller sources.
I'm not complaining about exalt drop rate, only asking where they come from. I would imagine that 3k people do not play the league long enough for an exalt drop as well. I would also guess that half of those people do not encounter 2 exalted orb drops per league.

I play casually, and have taken a few breaks here and there. Since beta I have encountered 5 exalt drops. No, this does not mean that I have only encountered 5 exalts, of course I understand chaos recipes, and earning exalts can very easily be done through smaller currencies. I also understand 'rng' and I'm not guaranteed anything.

However what % of 3k is casual like me? Don't exalts get consumed for crafting as well? I would imagine a very wealthy player's crafting could consume more raw exalts than were found in a day in a given league?
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
I'm not complaining about exalt drop rate, only asking where they come from. I would imagine that 3k people do not play the league long enough for an exalt drop as well. I would also guess that half of those people do not encounter 2 exalted orb drops per league.

I play casually, and have taken a few breaks here and there. Since beta I have encountered 5 exalt drops. No, this does not mean that I have only encountered 5 exalts, of course I understand chaos recipes, and earning exalts can very easily be done through smaller currencies. I also understand 'rng' and I'm not guaranteed anything.

However what % of 3k is casual like me? Don't exalts get consumed for crafting as well? I would imagine a very wealthy player's crafting could consume more raw exalts than were found in a day in a given league?

not a complete answer but the high tier players will see more Ex drop because they clear faster, in high maps that have increased packsize and something like 100% increased quantity.

Rather than stacking MF the real way to make money is to make a build that steamrolls most mods and doing rare red maps really fast.

Although Ex/all currency are equally likely to drop at all levels of gameplay I see a lot more while playing at the high end. For really efficient builds the Chaos recipe is not time efficient. Also finding high Ilvl bases, specifically crystal belts and Iron rings makes a lot of cash. I've even sold a white Ilvl85 crystal belt for 1ex

For most 'casual' players an Ex drop makes them feel rich and they almost instantly spend it on the market, funneling Ex to those high end players who farm a lot in high IIQ/IIR maps and sell the items

I've made 21 Ex in the last week(this is in Standard though, might be easier in league), none of it dropped as pure Ex
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 22, 2016, 4:44:49 PM
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
"
Diffused wrote:
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Optimal way to make money in PoE is to make a meta build, get some starter gear on it and then chain hundreds of maps per day.

what is a meta build ?

Blade Vortex Pathfinder would do. U can go Assassin to get PC but its much worse cause Cast When stunned-BV-PCoC solves that problem.

All u need is a 5L and some 50c worth of other gear. Then farm low tier maps or Dried lake to get 60C and get 30% Rumi, at that point u can facetank anything up to t12-t14 regardless of mechanics with 5k ES.

If u dont want to do red maps and feel like u wanna farm those Colonnades\Und Rivers\Promenades and such then your build is done.

There are other good builds out there atm, but BV takes the #1 spot cause u can afk facetank anything while watching movie on second screen.

LOl. bv afk facetank and watching a movie on second screen. hhahaha.

Good advice here though. A meta build is a build that is very popular and played by lots of players.
"
kompaniet wrote:

Good advice here though. A meta build is a build that is very popular and played by lots of players.

Good advice for a new player? maybe, you know that the build is popular and can do well. On the other hand the gear for the build will be incredibly inflated and expensive. If you can find a non-meta build that clears very efficiently you'll have a much easier time gearing up.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 22, 2016, 4:48:33 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
not a complete answer but the high tier players will see more Ex drop because they clear faster, in high maps that have increased packsize and something like 100% increased quantity.

Rather than stacking MF the real way to make money is to make a build that steamrolls most mods and doing rare red maps really fast.

Although Ex/all currency are equally likely to drop at all levels of gameplay I see a lot more while playing at the high end. For really efficient builds the Chaos recipe is not time efficient. Also finding high Ilvl bases, specifically crystal belts and Iron rings makes a lot of cash. I've even sold a white Ilvl85 crystal belt for 1ex

For most 'casual' players an Ex drop makes them feel rich and they almost instantly spend it on the market, funneling Ex to those high end players who farm a lot in high IIQ/IIR maps and sell the items

I've made 21 Ex in the last week(this is in Standard though, might be easier in league), none of it dropped as pure Ex

I appreciate the attempt, but I can run maps plenty fast in standard, and for several hours with high qty/packsize rolls, and not see an ex drop.

Again, not complaining, it's just baffling that so few are able to support the bulk of the economy through either pure luck or pure skill?
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Good advice for a new player? maybe, you know that the build is popular and can do well. On the other hand the gear for the build will be incredibly inflated and expensive. If you can find a non-meta build that clears very efficiently you'll have a much easier time gearing up.

Not rly. I have maybe 3 ex worth of gear 3 weeks into league. Killed 2 out of 4 guardians at this point solo no problemo. No Vinktar no Taste of Hate etc. BV is just stupid and requires minimal gear to be god tier.

It's basically get Rumi's and Lazhwar and your dps don't rly matter cause u can't die if u aren't completely retarded, while boss has limited HP pool that will end at some point.
-Forever Casual-
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Sep 22, 2016, 5:17:10 PM
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:

Again, not complaining, it's just baffling that so few are able to support the bulk of the economy through either pure luck or pure skill?

Leveling Vpark atm to 90 cause BV Flaskfinder is already getting boring, mostly use it to help friends do hard stuff. I can run t7 Shaped Beach or t6 Jungle Valleyin something like 40 seconds. And can chain em aaaaaaaaaaaallll day long. Amount of mobs killed per hour is just stupid with some builds. And the more and faster u kill the greater chance for ex drop u have.
-Forever Casual-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info