I keep playing alot, I barely get any Ex !

I made a magic find only character because I'm broke on currency, I've been playing for several days now, daily. I'm at IQ=27 / IR=270, I played tons of maps, I keep dying at tier8+ or cant have good damage or mobs 1 shot me. From all my runs, and all that, I only got 1Ex so far, and from stupid dried lake, and it seems I get the most out of dried lake despite I managed to get 75 resist and kick ass in T5-T8 maps almost every day. I think it's more than 5 days now I got enough and made a primitive MF build and I only found 2ex total !!! What the hell, am I doing something wrong ?
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2016, 1:33:11 PM
I would be happy with 1 ex every 5 days. You are on the good side of RNG.

There are four ways to make currency/exalts in this game: (1) get lucky, (2) trade items, (3) chaos recipe + trade chaos, (4) flip.

You are focusing on only one of them and complaining even though you are on the good side of variance.
Last edited by whitelytning on Sep 22, 2016, 1:38:52 PM
In my opinion, Ex are something that just randomly happens, not something you actively look for. Frankly you shouldn't need Ex, but this game is centered on a broken economy so you either play self-found and suffer, or farm currency and suffer.

As an alternative, try farming Chaos recipes. Pick up rares ilevel 60-74, don't identify them, and sell a full gear set of them at once. 1 helm, 1 body, 1 boots, 1gloves, 1 belt, 1 amulet, 2 rings, and either 2 one-hand weapons, a weapon and shield, a 2-hand melee, or a bow and quiver (tip: 2 daggers and/or wands is most efficient on space. The game doesn't care if you mix daggers and wands).

Finally, I hate to break it to you but increased item rarity has no effect on currency drops.
This is a buff™
"
In my opinion, Ex are something that just randomly happens, not something you actively look for. Frankly you shouldn't need Ex, but this game is centered on a broken economy so you either play self-found and suffer, or farm currency and suffer.

As an alternative, try farming Chaos recipes. Pick up rares ilevel 60-74, don't identify them, and sell a full gear set of them at once. 1 helm, 1 body, 1 boots, 1gloves, 1 belt, 1 amulet, 2 rings, and either 2 one-hand weapons, a weapon and shield, a 2-hand melee, or a bow and quiver (tip: 2 daggers and/or wands is most efficient on space. The game doesn't care if you mix daggers and wands).

Finally, I hate to break it to you but increased item rarity has no effect on currency drops.
First off: you don't need to sell a quiver, a bow is sufficient on it's own. Secondly: he's right, only iiq affects currency. This also applies to divination cards.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
First off: you don't need to sell a quiver, a bow is sufficient on it's own. Secondly: he's right, only iiq affects currency. This also applies to divination cards.

I wasn't sure about quivers. I never bother with bows because, like I said, daggers and wands are most efficient on space and plentiful enough that you should never need to sell anything bigger.
This is a buff™
Do what I do - I play once in a blue moon and pure exalts are dropping every two weeks or so (from barrels, of course).
Last edited by borek664 on Sep 22, 2016, 1:46:20 PM
IR is literally useless. You ever open those chests that are 2000% IR? What do you get out of those? Because I literally get nothing. And that's a 2000x increase. What's your 270% going to do?

You want IQ. But even IQ doesn't work the way you think it works. Honestly I've tested this and haven't seen much value in IQ and IR. Most of the time maps have their own IQ and IR when it comes to currency that are not affected by gear.

I've found 5 exalts and 2 divines this league already without any kind of IQ or IR in my gear.
Deliver pain exquisite
Consider yourself lucky you got an exalt drop so far. Chance to drop is so scarce that your low IQ in practice doesn't count.

Exalts didn't rain even when IQ affix was still a thing, IQ gems dropped, and blue mobs dropped 50% more items. It always has been mostly luck.

I got a 120/360 char in standard and may assure you that the only increase of orb drops I've ever noticed is of augs and transmutes.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Just farm other currency and transfer it to exalts.

You don't specifically go on an exalt hunt.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
but I watched some videos, some zigididy guy and nerdlifter with Magic Find gear get 2 exalts a day, I will find it now on youtube and link it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info