[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
Why are you saying cospri and volls devotion are cheap? they both costs freakin 100-130c thats what you call CHEAP? Maybe for you it is but for somone like me who have droped 4 exalt orbs through all my poe play time then its a freaking treasure wich i wont get probably knowing my RNG

Voll's devo used to be 20+ ex.

Cospris was 8+ ex at one point.
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
"
Fire309 wrote:
This is my gear atm, wondering how to improve damage output, level 75. Since I don't have a vinktars (don't like the idea of relying on a 5 sec flask for survivability) replaced inc aoe/conc effect in cospris for life leech. Even so, I find myself dying a shitton. Is 4% leech not enough (warlord + LL gem)?

Spoiler

Do I just need more levels?

Your charackter table is not public, so I can't take a look at your tree and jewels.

No boots, bad belt, bad rings, no helmet enchantment. And here the problems start. I know, this guide isn't clearly written, so reading over core mechanics could happen. If you haven't the helmet enchantment, don't use discharge in your chest. You lose a lot of damage through this. For survivability a vinktar's helps a lot!

Read the guide and the comments carefully (especially for the right setup without helmet enchantment - info: patch 2.5 starts on page 60++) and do exactly what TO explains. The mechanic is complex, if you dont use the correct gem-setups and items, you dont have to be surprised when the build doesnt go right.

good luck!
Last edited by zeroDeeps on Jan 14, 2017, 12:45:54 PM
"
ArcaneLuke wrote:

I'd suggest swapping the Discharge in your chest for a Power Charge on Crit and the CoC for a faster attacks for now.

This comment was so great. I didn't have the mats to try and reroll 4g chest so i was just using double discharge without the helm enchant. The setup above made life much better. I even dropped LL in cospri's and can now just rely on Warlord's with blasphemy.

I am running maps pretty well, but I will have to try some 13s with this new setup. Trying to complete without dieing, so we will see how it goes. Still a ton of gear upgrades for me to get so.... it's a work in progress.
Current Gear

Cheers!
IGN: Sweethart
It's time to talk Shaper - no one doubts this build is one of the most insane for map clear and even up to T16. The fight's fascinating and engaging, so it'd please me greatly if this build could take it down.

Just attempted Shaper for the first time. Spent one set learning how to not mess up badly and another two sets getting to at least Phase 3 then RIP-ping. Going to refine my flasks and rethink what curses I bring to the fight.

Notes:

1) Your ice golem will keep dropping mid-fight, so you probably want it on a CWDT loop. That accuracy and crit is crucial on Shaper.

2) You'll probably want leech up at all times as there is high incidental damage, so WMark should go on a Blasphemy.

3) A Purity of ice and a Sapphire flask will bump your resist up 10%, which against the 25% penetration of Shaper means you take 20% LESS damage from all his ice-based nonsense. (mainly vortexes / half of the beam / the golden balls).

4) Being a short-range melee char that spins around a little bit by default sucks - if any vortexes went awry, you'll have to dance around them during cyclone motion, which isn't as controllable as walking.

5) The adds during Shaper are no problem, but the Uncreated and Unshaped can take a while to burn down.

6) Diamond flasks become really important here as opposed to the Vinktar spam - Shaper is immune to shock, so Vinktar is more of a full heal pot than any great damage boost. Would I run 3 diamond flasks? Yes, yes I may, since there are no bleed / ignite / freeze mechanics, I may as well run 5 diamonds for 10 uses of 6.3 (7+secs with flask nodes and belt) - one minute of DPS uptime where our discharges are firing.

7) You shouldn't be taking damage from beams or vortexes, but if you are - fortify doesn't help (those aren't hits, they're degens).

Should I drop Warlord's Mark altogether for a damage curse (EWeakness probably) and run life leech on Cospri's instead? Reason being Warlord's mark falls off HARD on bosses and your leech actually drops to a measly 0.8%, so that's less than half the sustain that could be obtained. The LL gem will hopefully facetanking and DPS uptime that is so sorely needed for this fight.

Let me know your thoughts and encounters with Shaper! I'm confident that with a few tweaks, the build has enough single target and mobility to burn him down for sure.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
4-off volls is gonna be a killer... any1 got one? Ugh, just spent a large chunk of my currency on vinktars.
Last edited by Tune on Jun 20, 2019, 2:03:12 AM
"
Tune wrote:
How many power/endurance charges are you supposed to have without +1 endurance charge belt? I read somewhere in the thread that you are supposed to have 1 more power charge than end charges, but I have 6 of both.

6/6

7/6 is only with the +1 belt
So what about using Skyforth? Yay or nay?

I have always been fascinated by CoC and especially discharge so I thought I'd give this build a try. Leveling was a bit of a hassle (I started out with the hands of thought and motion) and just started mapping today. And I must say:

I am struggling alot, I am really not so sure what the big issue is. Unfortunately I don't have any currency left so I am stuck at tier 4-7 maps for now.

Do you have any tips and suggestions?
Any recommendations on upgrades? Is spell damage vinktar alot better or can i stick with penetration? im at 6.9k es and max res

Last edited by PainTrain123 on Jan 14, 2017, 8:03:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info