[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
magicstop wrote:
"
Moksu wrote:
"
monkeyakax wrote:
Can you clear all the content with that build ? I am looking for something to gt as many challenges as possible. Really fun build, but can we push it real far ?

Thx, really nice build!

I would not try shaper or uber atziri with this.

This spec is 'only' good for shaped map farming with narrow layouts, like Atoll. But with the aoe nerf it really struggles. Vaal spark/fireball would do much better in maps like strand(with the money you need to spend to get this Discharge spec going).

You wouldn't use this whole build for endgame bosses, etc.? Trying to pick a build for the new league, and this looked fast and deadly, but I don't want to just run linear maps.

No, if you want 'balanced' build what can do all endgame content + fast mapping. I'd make HoWa with the money needed to spend for this CoC Discharge
"
datbabykilla wrote:
Just wondering what you all think about the purity auras at this point in the game.

I played a dual purities discharger last league and it felt really tanky but playing with herald of ice, curse on hit this league it feels way quicker and stronger. Also purities is more because the build uses a lot of uniques/niche items so not the easiest build to cap resistances with.
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
"
datbabykilla wrote:
Just wondering what you all think about the purity auras at this point in the game.

I played a dual purities discharger last league and it felt really tanky but playing with herald of ice, curse on hit this league it feels way quicker and stronger. Also purities is more because the build uses a lot of uniques/niche items so not the easiest build to cap resistances with.

Yeah okay I had a feeling I was over thinking it.

I try to change little things about every build I play and the fantasy I've been having about this one, is dropping the purities, and the elreon rings, plus another consistent form of leech.

As far as the purities, I too really liked herald of ice. The added shatter, freezes, and damage makes it the clear choice. With an enlighten level 3 I think you definitely could either fit something like AA or a blasphemy curse. Plenty of reduced reservation too. Curse would probably be warlords, enfeeble, or temp chains. Depending on other sources of leech and what not.

I think with the addition of Opals, you can make a strong case against the expensive and much much weaker diamond elreons. The ideal opal would probably be essence crafted with crit, and then as much ES and accuracy as you can fit. I do think the accuracy could be the game changer tho, as the extra flat will allow you to hit 90%+ chance to hit wihtout the gem. I think I would use the extra gem slot in 4L shield charge and toss in fortify since its easy to maintain with the high attack speed and id much rather free a slot in the 6link.

As far as leech, well the gem itself is worthless cause it only gives life. So We got 2 choices (besides stacking vinktars), uber lab boot enchant or warlords. I'm thinking boot enchant, since you can easily stager your vinktar to get that first kill. Warlords you got the problem of hexfont as well.

Anyway, just some things ive been thinking about and already tried/gearing for. Would love to hear what you guys think.
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
"
datbabykilla wrote:
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
"
datbabykilla wrote:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Yeah okay I had a feeling I was over thinking it.

I try to change little things about every build I play and the fantasy I've been having about this one, is dropping the purities, and the elreon rings, plus another consistent form of leech.

As far as the purities, I too really liked herald of ice. The added shatter, freezes, and damage makes it the clear choice. With an enlighten level 3 I think you definitely could either fit something like AA or a blasphemy curse. Plenty of reduced reservation too. Curse would probably be warlords, enfeeble, or temp chains. Depending on other sources of leech and what not.

I think with the addition of Opals, you can make a strong case against the expensive and much much weaker diamond elreons. The ideal opal would probably be essence crafted with crit, and then as much ES and accuracy as you can fit. I do think the accuracy could be the game changer tho, as the extra flat will allow you to hit 90%+ chance to hit wihtout the gem. I think I would use the extra gem slot in 4L shield charge and toss in fortify since its easy to maintain with the high attack speed and id much rather free a slot in the 6link.

As far as leech, well the gem itself is worthless cause it only gives life. So We got 2 choices (besides stacking vinktars), uber lab boot enchant or warlords. I'm thinking boot enchant, since you can easily stager your vinktar to get that first kill. Warlords you got the problem of hexfont as well.

Anyway, just some things ive been thinking about and already tried/gearing for. Would love to hear what you guys think.
Spoiler

Purities should only be used to cap resistances or push them higher for defences if you are using it in HC. In SC, don't bother with them unless you can't cap your resistances otherwise or are doing some tough elemental boss's.

Diamond/Eleron rings would still be better than opal rings coz
1: Even if you use Loathing crafted opal rings, max they will hit is 52% crit combined which should be alright but IMO much expensive than regular diamond rings with accuracy and ES/resis mods.
2. You definitely need Eleron rings coz you would want your cyclone and shield charge mana free to do multiple shaped map farming. Mana free skills lets us reserve all of our mana for aura's/curses and also do no-regen/hexproof/cannot leech maps, which are common to roll when doing 10+ shaped map runs.
Otherwise you could just run warlords on blasphemy with some mana regen on regular rings to sustain mana if you plan on not doing such maps.

Best way to leech is via warlords mark either on cwdt or blasphemy. IMO you should only worry about leech when doing boss's or some crazy modded maps. Which warlords + preferably a leech Voll's amulet would take care of, 1 Vinktar activation should be enough for most boss's.
Last edited by vvamic on Mar 17, 2017, 5:57:51 AM
So first of all thanks for awesome guide ! I want to ask a couple question about this build so..

1- My es is pretty low compared to yours, trying to get decent items but they're pretty expensive atm. my es is around 6k ish, what should i do for get better do you have any idea ?

2- My crit multiplier 287 on ho. Its pretty low again, discharge prot is not bad atm so im not complaining that much about it. But still , it seems a problem to me.

3- Your es regen is way too high compared to mine. My energy shield recharge per second is : 1135.7
İts like starting to regen after 2-2.5 second. What i have to do for make it insta regen, any gem,item,passive you can recommend to me ?

4-If you can show your dps/def tooltip on ho with ss i'd be appreciated so much.

5- And here goes to my big problem. After all this stuff, im still getting one shot from some monsters, some bosses. after t10+ i'm dying like 3-4 times per map. Thats why im farming on t9 maps. Which is boring af. Any idea about it ?

That's all for now , again thanks for that awesome build. Keep it up !
Last edited by Kaskolas on Mar 17, 2017, 8:57:44 AM
"
Moksu wrote:
"
magicstop wrote:
"
Moksu wrote:

I would not try shaper or uber atziri with this.

This spec is 'only' good for shaped map farming with narrow layouts, like Atoll. But with the aoe nerf it really struggles. Vaal spark/fireball would do much better in maps like strand(with the money you need to spend to get this Discharge spec going).

You wouldn't use this whole build for endgame bosses, etc.? Trying to pick a build for the new league, and this looked fast and deadly, but I don't want to just run linear maps.

No, if you want 'balanced' build what can do all endgame content + fast mapping. I'd make HoWa with the money needed to spend for this CoC Discharge

Thx for the reply,

I understand. Kinda make me sad they nerfed it, that build is sooo fun! I was playing it before the nerf bath and it never felt "OP" IMO, especially with bosses (extremely fast clearing thou)

Fcuk it, I am just gonna play it anyway. It is too much fun to pass on.

I might just pay for a carry at this point.

peace

:)
"
magicstop wrote:

I understand. Kinda make me sad they nerfed it, that build is sooo fun! I was playing it before the nerf bath and it never felt "OP" IMO, especially with bosses (extremely fast clearing thou)

peace

Plus side of it not being "meta" might now, is Voll's Devotion is cheap AF. I got Devotion and a Protector 5 link for under 2 ex, and I didn't snipe a great deal or anything. I good rolled HOWA claw is gonna cost that.
To update: thanks for the tips Maddognils. I am now rolling through t13 maps easy after switching up gems and getting some more gg gear. Build plays really smooth for me now. Thanks again.
"
HateFist wrote:
"
magicstop wrote:

peace

Plus side of it not being "meta" might now, is Voll's Devotion is cheap AF. I got Devotion and a Protector 5 link for under 2 ex, and I didn't snipe a great deal or anything. I good rolled HOWA claw is gonna cost that.

Sure those are cheap but you need to get crit multi jewels, multimod rings. etc and those will set you back a few chaos.
hi guys, i have around 80chaos. With that can i make an assasssin that takes me to at least tier 10 maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info