need some help - Pathfinder TS Ranger

Oh yeah, didn't even look at the gem setup. Can't see that clearly on phone without going to 720p, and that kills mobile plan lmao.

Well, at least glad to know I'm not retarded :P
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

About as educated of a guess as I can make.

Thanks, but I was looking more for the fine-tuning details, the general setup is obvious. I guess it's not relevant anymore, since I tried it out and it didn't really work for me.

Actually, first I tried Explosive Arrow Pathfinder (broke the bank for instant gratification and just insta-bought most of the setup, including 21/20 EA), since I wasn't happy that my TS Deadeye felt like paper, despite 6k + acuity and just wanted something more beefy. It could take more and I finally cleared Hall of Grandmasters, but the clearspeed and lack of instaleech was comparetively so horrible, I guess once you go 7*4 piercing projectiles with acuity, you never go back x)

After that didn't work, I thought I would try TS Pathfinder before full rollback. Maybe I somehow messed up, but the damage was really low compared to Deadeye, so I backtracked completely.

However, I've been thinking about adding Kaom to my setup for a while, and since it was suggested here by both of you and I had one freshly on hand, I gave it a shot. I knew that fitting Kaom with Rats, Drillneck, Acuity and pure damage neck would involve tri-res jewelry, but since I broke the bank anyways, I just went for it.

Holy shit, best decision of my exiles life. Since then I tanked Plaza boss with multiproj and 101% added lightning, Springs where double beyond spawned two chaos archer bosses in the boss room, basically everything I tried. Also, I totally Yolo exalted WED on the tri-res rustic sash I bought.

Anyways, I read that the jump from guardians to shaper is really steep and a horrid gear-check for non-cheese builds, will I have enough damage with this or should I wait for an upgrade?

At some point I will get tired of ESC and go to do some testing back in Standard. Been really putting it off because I don't feel like unlocking the Atlas all over again (sitting 124/125 and 126/125 after tonight in ESC).

That said, I don't really have a gauge for damage on this guy yet. If Dzz1rt's using a Mirrored Bow/other gear then I'm not sure if I could replicate his success there. And subsequently I have no idea if your bow would be a good fit for the fight or not. That said Kaom is the best way to go these days, still find the most comfort with it overall. Only reason for another 6L is if you're planning on doing Atziri, but honestly at least in Standard I can slap on a 6L for Split Phase and I'm good to go.
I didnot played bow ranger for almost a year but i think this will help you for leaching problem

also for charges cheap flask
Couldn't resist so tested a setup a little bit ago. Does have some mobility issues but hits fairly well. No Dying Sun for me atm, but will work on getting one.

8.5K Life with 3 Jewels that can get Maximum Life still, so should push to 8.8 or so.

Spoiler

Headhunter there for just stats atm, couldn't find my Flask Belt (Duration/Charges/STR) from Prophecy, and I didn't wanna search through 100+ Tabs.

My playback thing stopped recording when I did a nice Core, so I put in an Abyss instead. Sadly ripped the map to a Vaal Orb. Crits are not really that evident due to "No Status Ailments" on the map... but it will have to do.

http://plays.tv/s/KyLrshjAXC8N <<< Should be done loading soon.

Gameplay is very sluggish, have to adjust to the Flask setup as well as get used to the movement speed and attack animations. Please excuse the beeps, my Discord wouldn't stop going off and I turned off the app in the middle of the map. Skip to the end for the Boss kill ofc. I suppose this is the start of my testing. Still a lot of work to be done, including finishing out the Gem Links. ~170K TS right now with the buffs.

Tree is vastly different than what I imagined it would be, pathed to Scion Life Wheel and I'm not the most experienced in that area. I'm not sure at the moment whether that is the best choice or not, but I'll share it when I'm comfortable with the gameplay.

<<< Prepare to die.

I've got time this weekend, so when the ESC Mapping Group is offline, I'll take a further glance at this.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 23, 2016, 7:29:16 PM
"
If Dzz1rt's using a Mirrored Bow/other gear then I'm not sure if I could replicate his success there.

That's what I'm worried about, so I went through his older videos and caught him switching out some gems. Brood twine, 119/48 eva chest, rare but non-legacy quiver, retch/HH.
Well, u are all almost right at ur guesses, it's all obvious... The gear is high-end of course.. but the main thing is that u don't need top end for this... just go through usual kaom's (500+hp).. It will have u set at nearly 7k life. And have a good dps bow (400-450dps will do just fine), to compecate the use of crit chance gem in there (crit 95% is a MUST).
To AppleFarm: u could do shaper in that setup realy, will take a bit longer, that's all..

Mysetup is
TS-PPAD-GMP-PTL-WED-ICSS/ICD(depending on situation).
I DON't recommend FA gem, it's giving u phantom dps, to realise it u must stand still al the time..
And standing still is a very high-end gear prerogative on ranger...
TS is swaped for Frenzy on Atziri/U Atziri.
For ele reflect WED+PTL are swaped with ICSS/ICD(depending on wich one is main)+Empower.
For phys i swap vinktar flask for 20 phys.(main is -10 lightning res)
For doble reflect i use grace instead of hatred+ arctic armour instead of ice golem
Arrow Dancing nod is a MUST
Doble reflect is safe at 8k hp+

Boots Standart IC defences with ec cast manualy..
Gloves are 4 blue acuity with 2 setups:
1-st AM-COH-HOT-ES
2-nd AM-Blashpemy-IAOE-ES

Helm is Rat with 2 add TS projectiles(The enchant is a MUST and BIS(if i can say so) for TS)
Hatred+es+IG/AA/MA/BA+BR

That's it all very clear and not complicated...

I do also recomend using point blank nod, when u hit 100+TS town dps, it'won't affect clear speed much but will melt bosses to hell... I respec 2 points for it when i have full t16 stash and farm shaper set's. It realy gives u some speed..

To Saranghaeyo_: M8, i really recomend u switching HH for damage+3res belt. Smth like this
, and take Rat as helmet... U should see the difference..))
The retch won't help much.. Well u will have about8-9 sec.. It won't do much on T16/shaper bosses, and totaly useless on map bosses caus u need about 1-4 seconds on them usually.. Maybe a little more comfortable on maps clearing.. that's all...
And why would i propose this? Cause of the INSANE damage boost the +2 dop projectiles enchant do
combined with dying flask.. u do like what? 5 shots+15 dop shots (20 total) with GMP, now...
7shots +5! added shots each.. So 42 total arrows.. iF u fire just behind the boss 40-70% do strike it, depending on ur positioning and point aiming...It's a bit less % for 7 arrows cause of the width of the arc.. but still. u can do the math... So u Do need another enchant on helmet. And how to do it and not loose crit chance? Right, rat's nest..And resist's if we take Rat's Nest? Right..+ 3 res belt)
That's a bit of end game shit, but i did find it all experimental way. It realy works. Real DPS becomes INSANE)
So in the end with equal gear i will do far more damage on single target in my 6 seconds, then u will in 9 for 1 flask uptime... that is the point. And the faster u shotgun ur flasks into end game bosses the better..especialy shaper that has the nasty ability to add aoe balls wich don't disappear until next phase, so u need to be quick about it...
"
I advocate Kaom's quite a lot actually, too bad my guide "isn't Neversink's" so no one pays attention. But good to see some using this.

Actually, Never's is a "casual" guide for everyone.. Ur's is for proficient users, who tried the basic ranger and were not satisfied.. I do meet lot's of archers based on Never's guide 95+ levels which are terrified at 16%+phys reflect maps...I don't mention duo... All firing like damn maching guns, but they are fucking glass, if u know what i mean..
Bit he knows how to make it easy going and beautifully handed to you)
You could just make another name like 8.5k life +75% evasion guide... I think ppl will notice)))

Btw, very solid thoughts in the guide.. A little disagree on skill tree but that's true for everyone...
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun
Last edited by Dzz1rt on Sep 24, 2016, 8:53:01 AM
yes. FA as a raw dps is phantom. standing there spamming, vs burst.
But, also has a few secondary effects. Faster attack=faster move.
And faster attacks, faster charge generation on Surgeons.

(I don't really use FA on any actual dps abilties... but just saying..)
Last edited by Casia on Sep 24, 2016, 8:56:22 AM
Hm, if I can buy a kaoms - what gem Setup shall I use in the 5L Bow?

It is GGGGB and corrupted...
"
Casia wrote:
yes. FA as a raw dps is phantom. standing there spamming, vs burst.
But, also has a few secondary effects. Faster attack=faster move.
And faster attacks, faster charge generation on Surgeons.

(I don't really use FA on any actual dps abilties... but just saying..)

Yup i see the point, but since we have such OP enchant that can give us 47 arrows (with+1 quiver)
or 42 in my case... I just don't need the increased speed very much (cause i have so many arrows hitting the target)), as 2 20% recovery nods i mensioned earlier, cause the flask recovery is pretty descent for me...Though i do use druidic rite, but don't go for primal spirit, cause only 1 flask effect. When i need point blanc nod i switch druidic rite for it as i posted earlier...

"
Tom79 wrote:
Hm, if I can buy a kaoms - what gem Setup shall I use in the 5L Bow?

It is GGGGB and corrupted...

Hm i'd change the bow for 6L , but if not an option i'd take TS-PPAD-GMP-FA-PTL, or try to to spend some vaals to get GGGRB, that would be best and easy enough, then it will be TS-PPAD-GMP-PTL-WED
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun
Last edited by Dzz1rt on Sep 24, 2016, 11:22:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info