need some help - Pathfinder TS Ranger

Last edited by Tom79 on Sep 24, 2016, 1:11:51 PM
"
Dzz1rt wrote:
To Saranghaeyo_: M8, i really recomend u switching HH for damage+3res belt. Smth like this
, and take Rat as helmet... U should see the difference..))
The retch won't help much.. Well u will have about8-9 sec.. It won't do much on T16/shaper bosses, and totaly useless on map bosses caus u need about 1-4 seconds on them usually.. Maybe a little more comfortable on maps clearing.. that's all...
And why would i propose this? Cause of the INSANE damage boost the +2 dop projectiles enchant do
combined with dying flask.. u do like what? 5 shots+15 dop shots (20 total) with GMP, now...
7shots +5! added shots each.. So 42 total arrows.. iF u fire just behind the boss 40-70% do strike it, depending on ur positioning and point aiming...It's a bit less % for 7 arrows cause of the width of the arc.. but still. u can do the math... So u Do need another enchant on helmet. And how to do it and not loose crit chance? Right, rat's nest..And resist's if we take Rat's Nest? Right..+ 3 res belt)
That's a bit of end game shit, but i did find it all experimental way. It realy works. Real DPS becomes INSANE)
So in the end with equal gear i will do far more damage on single target in my 6 seconds, then u will in 9 for 1 flask uptime... that is the point. And the faster u shotgun ur flasks into end game bosses the better..especialy shaper that has the nasty ability to add aoe balls wich don't disappear until next phase, so u need to be quick about it...

This is good analysis. Initially I had thrown together the gear (the helm was going to be for another 100 push with Slayer in the "old" 2.3 mapping meta, which never came to fruition, but is still nice to have).

I was using this belt for a while in Prophecy after some gearing swaps, but I did go back to the old very reliable Rat's Nest + Tri Resistance Belt. Also picked up a Dying Sun.

Spoiler

Definitely similar gear style to what I was using before, which is quite a bit of comfort at least in my eyes. New setup feels much smoother. Originally when Dying Sun flask was spoiled I wanted to have a setup:

Dying/Atziri/ToH/QS/Life Flasks

But looking at your gem setup using PTL and Vinktar for insane sustain, made me rethink my original thoughts about my distaste for PTL + WED, where I would instead sette on ICM + Added Fire in most cases, at least for conservative play. Now the only thing I really need to get comfortable with is lack of Quicksilver Flask, and that barely makes an impact into gameplay as it is, after spending a little bit of time this morning running some maps and unlocking my Standard Atlas (feels odd to be back so low after 126/125 in ESC)

"
Dzz1rt wrote:
"
I advocate Kaom's quite a lot actually, too bad my guide "isn't Neversink's" so no one pays attention. But good to see some using this.

Actually, Never's is a "casual" guide for everyone.. Ur's is for proficient users, who tried the basic ranger and were not satisfied.. I do meet lot's of archers based on Never's guide 95+ levels which are terrified at 16%+phys reflect maps...I don't mention duo... All firing like damn maching guns, but they are fucking glass, if u know what i mean..
Bit he knows how to make it easy going and beautifully handed to you)
You could just make another name like 8.5k life +75% evasion guide... I think ppl will notice)))

Btw, very solid thoughts in the guide.. A little disagree on skill tree but that's true for everyone...

Yeah, that's a good way to look at that guide. Just a lot of things bother me about it, which mainly lead to bad player decisions overall. The overloading of uniques (Maligaro, Atziri, Doryani, etc) which lead to shitty Jewelry decisions and pigeonholing in gear is something that is way too common from users of that guide, as well as the tree being a little odd in some cases. There's not a whole lot of Crit Focus for example, and doesn't do the best it can to help push Crit Chance to the highest possible. You can see cases where players with 5L GGGBR etc prefer to use PTL + WED, where they need ICS gem to push Crit into a comfortable spot, otherwise why do they invest in Crit anyways when it is so low, better off to play non-Crit bow build...

And I agree completely on the Reflect thing. In my post I still lay forth the options for players to do gem swaps, honestly in reality with Instant Leech, Eva/Arrow Dancing, big life pool, it really isn't that bad. With this discussion, especially your thoughts, I will work hard to revamp and do the update I was pushing back.

For Tree, yes, I think everyone has their own styles, with 2.4 I am still trying to figure out what is comfortable for me, or what is comfortable to produce results. When theorycrafting with the main Tree in my guide post, that was a very nice, meta-tuned, ROTC friendly Tree made to do as much content in the game as possible at that time, which in 2.3 was honestly just T15/Uber Atziri/Uber Izaro. Those days are gone now and I have to go back to the drawing board. I have quite a few that I'm going to mess around with. Have old tree, Scion Life Wheel tree (which I'm currently testing with), and one that spans to Shadow and Scion wheel both, so atm not sure where I want to be.

=================================================================

Also did some recordings with the setup I posted, so for those who are interested in some of my gameplays, feel free to watch and I will add those to my own post later on:

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYH78mJ_Aq >>> T13 Lair, Elemental Reflect and Temp Chain

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYWiZazKoJ >>> T13 Waterways, Elemental Reflect and Double Boss

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYMNLVhOta >>> First time Solo T16 Forge of the Phoenix, did die twice but shouldn't have the second time, still getting adjusted to the fight

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYbMe_tnv5 >>> With Dying Sun, T14 Mineral Pools, Elemental Reflect and No Regen

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYkOJn2WRy >>> With Dying Sun, T15 Core with Extra Monster Life, to show the damages possible

Please excuse some of the lack of smoothness in play, I am playing Guardian in ESC so honestly with how Guardian vs. Pathfinder move and Flasks/Skills allocation, it's still a process for adjustment. Also the Phoenix is a lot scarier when he isn't Tri-Cursed with Decoy Totem ;)

Going out to dinner, if anyone has question I will try to share more insight when I am back.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

This is good analysis. New setup feels much smoother..

I'am glad i could be a bit of help... I for myself don't like running too fast, but i do swap hate to haste aura sometimes on maps, still have damage overcapped, so feels a bit faster and comfortable, but quicksilver makes is all too quick....Just don't need that much quickness..
But that's the beauty of the build u can swap flasks as u wish, there is no MUST have setup, cause we are master alchemists and are immune to shit...

I do hope ppl will turn their eyes on ur guide, but still the audience will be limited due to expensive setups of gear needed for the build to shine...
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun
Small Update - I 6linked my new armor in only 20 attempts! That was nice, it feels great now.

I also found a rare rustic sash with good stats and regaled it - now it fits perfect in the actual setup. was quite cheap :)

I think I will farm some maps with this setup and gather some currency for a better bow now. Then a Kaoms is planned. The start is already done, yesterday dropped my 2nd exalted orb!

Ok, I now feel like a tank :)

I reached lvl 91 without dying once while mapping Tier 8-10. "The wicked one" is a bitch, but she doesn't kill me anymore, even in "2 unique bosses" mods. Ah, and good news: I managed to do the uber Labyrinth, I am master now :)

I will now try to farm currency for a good bow (while still leveling gems), but they are all very expensive. I own 2EX and 110 Chaos atm, that isn't enough i think.

But another question to the pro's:
I found a drillneck. Is it worth to use it? Is has a bit less life than my actual quiver, but I think with the correct nodes in the passive tree it provides a very good damage output.
Can anybody tell me what I should change to make full use of it?

Thanks again!

Here is my current equip:
Spoiler

and My Skilltree (lvl91 now, very hard to get to the next level):
Last edited by Tom79 on Sep 30, 2016, 5:59:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info