[2.5] The Shaper Deletion Build, Shaper/Uber Down, Millions of DPS (with Videos)

Greetings fellow Exiles. I introduce to you The Shaper Deletion Build. It's a CI Shadow Chaos Storm based build that's min/maxed for optimal damage to destroy everything in its path (including mobs immune to poison).

Videos:
This is my first shaper run with this build. I will post more videos later.

Shaper Deletion

Class Tree:

Lvl 93 Saboteur

How it works:
We use trap/cluster trap to throw out multiple Fire Storms at once (which overlap). We use two consuming daggers (along with Infernal Mantle) to convert as much fire damage as we can to chaos (75% conversion with normal daggers, 100% conversion with legacy daggers).
Since firestorm is an AoE based skill we can be very mobile and kill large groups of mobs. This is very powerful as it does a lot of initial chaos damage and stacks a lot of poison as well. The damage is so insane that you can kill Shaper before he finishes his first main attack if you play it correctly.
We also use Wither totem for multiple reasons; distraction, increased damage, slows.

Saboteur is the best ascendancy due to Chain Reaction (allows us to trigger all nearby traps if one of them is triggered), we also gain a lot of damage as well (i.e. Born in the Shadows). It synergizes very well with the rest of the build.

Since we use traps, reflect will not be a problem at all.

Bandits:
Skill Point - Skill Point - Skill Point

Auras:
Discipline

Curses:
Vulnerability (or Temporal chains)

Buffs:
Flame Golem (20% increased damage)
Elemental Overload (this is initiated via our Crit-based Orb of Storms which yields 40% MORE initial damage)

Totem:
We use a wither totem to increase the damage. We also use it as a distraction (or decoy) while at the same time slowing down enemies.

Wither Totem (Spell Totem, Increased duration, Faster Casting, Wither)

Gear:

Required Gear:
This is the required gear. To min/max your damage you can get two legacy consuming dark daggers. However, this build does so much damage that normal consuming daggers are fine as well.
We also use Infernal Mantle to maximize the fire/chaos conversion. It also adds +1 levels to our firestorm. For the rest of the gear focus on getting rare ES gear to help cap your resists.

My Current Gear (and Links):
Shavronne's revelation is definitely NOT needed. It is just a cherry on top. You can use a normal rare ES/RES ring.

Jewels:
These are the current jewels that I'm using. You want to focus on the following primary stats when picking jewels.

Primary:
%Increased Chaos Damage (increases initial chaos damage AND poison damage)
%Increased Area Damage (increases initial chaos damage AND poison damage)
%Increased Trap Damage (increases initial chaos damage AND poison damage)

Optional:
%ES
Resistances (if needed)
Attributes (if needed, STR/DEX/...etc)

Flasks:
This is what I currently use. You can switch them out per your preference. They could be better optimized, I recommend at least 1 mana flask (with increased charge recovery). The rest is up to you.

Twitch Stream: Original Caturai
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Dec 2, 2016, 4:13:44 PM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2017, 1:35:09 PM
are there any lifebase skilltree what we can use before change to CI?
Ello,

first of all: great build again! (Already started copying it a couple of days ago after peaking in your stream ;p )

Since I'm a lazy nublette I'm experimenting with lvl 1 CWDT + ice spear/blade vortex to keep up Elemental Overload while running normal maps though. lvl 1 CWDT pretty much triggers with every incomming hit in high level areas and Ice Spear has a really good crit rate. BV is also kinda nice because we already have all the increased skill duration and area of effect nodes. If it rolls a crit then we can just keep going with it for almost 10 seconds of non-stop refreshing EO (+ the duration of EO itself). Of course this is not optimal for powerful endgame bosses but really relaxing while mapping.

I have one question about your guide:

"
%Increased Trap Damage (does not affect poison, only initial hit)

Are you sure about that? Afaik they changed only the "Trap Support" gem to have "Supported Skills deal (20-39)% more Damage with Hits" instead of "more Trap Damage" which basicly means DoTs are not affected by the gem because they do not hit. They did not change that poison is still affected by trap modifiers from passives or gear. This is also why I think that "Trap and Mine Damage Support" is better than "Void Manipulation Support". Both have the same multiplier but without legacy items not all the damage will be chaos damage.

I would also recommend the Sunblast belt then. The damage mod is higher and it would also apply to the poison. You can also corrupt it to get "+1 additional trap at a time". Currently I use this + 2x Cheap Construction to get a total of 12 traps but I guess a few levels later and with 6-link(currently 78 with 5l) the extra damage might not be needed anymore.

Greetings

Cool build!

How big of a drawback is the 100% increased damage taken from spells? It seems like you are on low mana with the aura and blasphemy activated?
IGN: Brutalitop
"
flosterklau wrote:
Ello,

first of all: great build again! (Already started copying it a couple of days ago after peaking in your stream ;p )

Since I'm a lazy nublette I'm experimenting with lvl 1 CWDT + ice spear/blade vortex to keep up Elemental Overload while running normal maps though. lvl 1 CWDT pretty much triggers with every incomming hit in high level areas and Ice Spear has a really good crit rate. BV is also kinda nice because we already have all the increased skill duration and area of effect nodes. If it rolls a crit then we can just keep going with it for almost 10 seconds of non-stop refreshing EO (+ the duration of EO itself). Of course this is not optimal for powerful endgame bosses but really relaxing while mapping.

I have one question about your guide:

"
%Increased Trap Damage (does not affect poison, only initial hit)

Are you sure about that? Afaik they changed only the "Trap Support" gem to have "Supported Skills deal (20-39)% more Damage with Hits" instead of "more Trap Damage" which basicly means DoTs are not affected by the gem because they do not hit. They did not change that poison is still affected by trap modifiers from passives or gear. This is also why I think that "Trap and Mine Damage Support" is better than "Void Manipulation Support". Both have the same multiplier but without legacy items not all the damage will be chaos damage.

I would also recommend the Sunblast belt then. The damage mod is higher and it would also apply to the poison. You can also corrupt it to get "+1 additional trap at a time". Currently I use this + 2x Cheap Construction to get a total of 12 traps but I guess a few levels later and with 6-link(currently 78 with 5l) the extra damage might not be needed anymore.

Greetings

Hello!

Yes, increases in trap damage no longer boost the damage of poison (or any other damage over time effects). Per the 2.4.0 Patch notes, "Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time."

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228

In theory the sunblast belt would be a very useful item, and you can use it. However, in my case I need the resistances of Doryani's Invitation (which also gives other useful stats: damage, armor,...etc). In the end, it's up to your preference and if you can cap all of your resistances.

Mods such as additional traps at a time, and cheap construction jewels (can use trap/chaos/area damage jewels instead) I believe are a waste with the current setup. It allows you to have up to (12) traps out at a time, however you only throw out 4 at a time which instantly gets triggered when they are thrown on the boss (or group of mobs). So when you throw out the first 4 and they are triggered, it resets the maximum # of traps allowed on the field. Instead, i would use trap/chaos/area jewels that will yield more damage.

Bummer that my secrets are leaked on the stream. FeelsBadMan

"
Skittlebob wrote:
Cool build!

How big of a drawback is the 100% increased damage taken from spells? It seems like you are on low mana with the aura and blasphemy activated?

You are on low mana when you are 35% or below. With the Aura/curse running we are at 40%. That said, you will need to use a mana flask to regenerate mana quickly after throwing out traps. For longer boss fights you can also use Vaal Clarity.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 22, 2016, 11:35:13 PM
"

Yes, increases in trap damage no longer boost the damage of poison (or any other damage over time effects). Per the 2.4.0 Patch notes, "Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time."

In theory the sunblast belt would be a very useful item, and you can use it. However, in my case I need the resistances of Doryani's Invitation (which also gives other useful stats: damage, armor,...etc). In the end, it's up to your preference and if you can cap all of your resistances.

This is wrong. It only effects the more multiplier on the Trap Support gem. So trap damage nodes and jewels will work the same as before.

That "Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time." is under support gem balance. It's a specific reference to the support gem Trap and nothing else.

Cheers

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
hey awesome build!
i'm leveling this build right now, can you give me some advice for skill points path (like when should i take .... node, CI node, etc) and about ascendancy which one should i take first?
thanks
Would getting inc in elemental damage work for increasing your chaos damage since you are converting the fire to chaos. Just wondering if you could start on the elemental side of shadow to have an easier leveling process. I have also taken out some of the damage nodes of the tree and picked up more es/evasion since I will be playing on HC. I will let you know how it works out.
"
zSavage wrote:
"

This is wrong. It only effects the more multiplier on the Trap Support gem. So trap damage nodes and jewels will work the same as before.

That "Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time." is under support gem balance. It's a specific reference to the support gem Trap and nothing else.

Cheers

-Savage

Fixed. I've completely missed that it was under the support gem balance section. Since I don't trust GGG's wording I did some testing today, I've confirmed that trap modifiers on the tree will increase the poison damage. I've also confirmed that the Trap gem does not boost the poison damage.

"
jinhaoxuan wrote:
hey awesome build!
i'm leveling this build right now, can you give me some advice for skill points path (like when should i take .... node, CI node, etc) and about ascendancy which one should i take first?
thanks

It all really depends on the gear you currently have and what level you are. If you have enough ES gear, then I would get CI asap. However, if you don't have good ES gear then I would focus on getting the Chaos nodes (method to the madness first) then go up the tree and get Blast Radius and Arcane focus. I would then get Potency of Will and exceptional performance (to increase duration of the firestorm/poison). Toxic delivery should be the last point you get. Again, it all depends on the gear you have and how comfortable you are with the gameplay.

"
VxLoki wrote:
Would getting inc in elemental damage work for increasing your chaos damage since you are converting the fire to chaos. Just wondering if you could start on the elemental side of shadow to have an easier leveling process. I have also taken out some of the damage nodes of the tree and picked up more es/evasion since I will be playing on HC. I will let you know how it works out.

Yes, increasing elemental damage will increase the initial chaos damage (not poison). Since we do a lot of damage, you can sacrifice damage for tankiness. Good luck in HC!
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 22, 2016, 10:54:46 PM
"
It all really depends on the gear you currently have and what level you are. If you have enough ES gear, then I would get CI asap. However, if you don't have good ES gear then I would focus on getting the Chaos nodes (method to the madness first) then go up the tree and get Blast Radius and Arcane focus. I would then get Potency of Will and exceptional performance (to increase duration of the firestorm/poison). Toxic delivery should be the last point you get. Again, it all depends on the gear you have and how comfortable you are with the gameplay.

alright this is my current gear
Spoiler

getting ES gear wont be a big problem for me since i have a few currencies that i can spend

my passive tree

i took so many trap damage nodes because initially i wanted to use my deerstalker boots and 2x mokou's but i tested it and the dps is too small.

now my question is when will i switch to firestorm/firestorm trap ? is it when i can equip consuming dark? because i struggle a lot with single dps so leveling wont be that fast. how did you level your character? thanks for replying man :)
Last edited by jinhaoxuan on Sep 22, 2016, 11:08:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info