[2.5] The Shaper Deletion Build, Shaper/Uber Down, Millions of DPS (with Videos)

Build only farm Uber and Shapper more DMG but Random Shoot=DEAD
How did you level this build? And, is it still viable in 2.6?
Would you change anything in 2.6 and would any of the firestorm enchants for firestorm count since it is being used through a trap? Also what do you believe to be the best enchant. Love the idea behind the guide and going to start building it soon once I get some $$ to get a few of the core items.
Hey, big fan of the build, but I have one question:

On the bottom right of the tree there is a trap cluster to the left of the "arrow dancing" passive. The passive allows us two more traps to be thrown out. It has the same 5 travel nodes you used to get to the witch chaos node on the top left of the tree. Wouldn't two traps be worth more than the chaos nodes?
Completely disassembled my Essense drain main to restart as firestorm trap. Was afraid I'd hate it, since I've never played a trapper before and always been sceptical, but I haven't regretted it for a second. Followed the guidelines in this thread mainly, with some adjustments. Currently level 72 with 6/8 ascension points. Wanted to express my gratitude for sharing the build, and figured I'd contribute with some of my insights for those out there interested in the build!

I leveled using firestorm + Flammability as aura, connected it to trap support around level 45-50. It was very smooth up until 60-64 when HP/ES was really low due to the Tabula.. and then it was smooth sailing as I hit 65 and went CI with Infernal Mantle

Strong points:
- Surprisingly good clear speed
- INSANE single target with all the dirty doubledipping
- Stable - no specific enemy or boss has yet presented any serious trouble
- Barely even need to look at the map mods before you pop it - blood magic is the only no-go
- Crazy fun to play
- Firestorm looks cool

Weaknesses:
- Requires some fiddling to achieve good enough defenses, I guess this is pretty general though, applies to basically any build, but it felt harder on this character than most others I've made, probably due to the dual wield
- Handling the stun issue; I ran chayula at first, but it's really not an optimal solution sacrificing your oh so precious amulet slot simply for 1 stat. Finally got my hands on a Kiara's flask and been happy ever since (but it's relatively costly, if you're on a budget you'll probably have to stay on chayula for a while)
- Playstyle requires a lot of the player - area awareness, dodging skills and good potion reactions. Not necessarily a weakness; this is what makes the build enjoyable for me! But possibly not for everybody

I grabbed Melding with Energy from Within jewel for more ES, since that's what I feel that I lack the most at the moment.

It's feel like the build was incredibly squishy when running blasphemy+curse, often staying under the 35% mana mark and getting a lot of punishment from Infernal mantle drawback, so I swapped to CWDT-Immortal Call-Molten Shell, and so far it's been a huge success
Last edited by darktroll287 on Apr 7, 2017, 12:21:18 AM
"
wpheinle wrote:
Would you change anything in 2.6 and would any of the firestorm enchants for firestorm count since it is being used through a trap? Also what do you believe to be the best enchant. Love the idea behind the guide and going to start building it soon once I get some $$ to get a few of the core items.

Can confirm that the head enchants apply, my duration goes from 3s to 3.6s with the 30% duration enchant. I haven't done the math, but I'm 99% certain it's the best one since the damage enchant is just an increased modifier, and from what I've read it seems like AoE actually makes firestorm spread out and lose single target damage
Last edited by darktroll287 on Apr 6, 2017, 4:48:12 PM
Someone please help. I have the same set up but i cant even throw multiple traps. Mana is such an issue, what am i doing wrong?
playable in 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info