Is it the time to introduce Auction ?At least for standard league ?!

^^ it tells you where it is but not the stash number, apparently there is a way to name them by number but it doesnt happen automatically or even intuitively.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 26, 2016, 3:41:46 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
^^ it tells you where it is but not the stash number, apparently there is a way to name them by number but it doesnt happen automatically or even intuitively.
Yeah, I guess it doesn't help if you have multiple tabs with the same name. I never have that problem.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I still don't understand why people are against asynchronous trading. Doesn't have to be an auction house. Trade house is perfectly fine.
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
I still don't understand why people are against asynchronous trading. Doesn't have to be an auction house. Trade house is perfectly fine.
Who is against asynchronous trading? The problem people have is making it automated.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
Who is against asynchronous trading? The problem people have is making it automated.

Asynchronous trade implies some level of automation.
Nah But i am more in favor of the Market place/ Trade Bazaar idea suggested before...

You can enter a global hide out... Set up a shot to display the items you have for sale.... The table will link to the public stash tab in your tab... People can see the item and it's asking price with out using POE.Trade or a 3rd party app...

It will be it's own realm so town's do not lag. Hide outs can create an access point to getting there.

Setting up shop can also be useful in giving Hide out decorations a useful function..... Got that book pile that's an eye soar in your hide out? Now it can function as a shop table and Ledger...

Set the price of an item, a user can leave an offer via a note....
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Bananaplasm wrote:

Asynchronous trade implies some level of automation.
Really? My understanding of asynchronous trading has always been that it is the same trade window as it is now and you have to hit the "accept" button when you are online. The only difference is that you both don't need to be online at the same time. You put your items in and hit accept when you are online. You log off. Other party logs on, hovers over your item to see it's correct and puts his part in the window and clicks accept. He logs off. You log in and hover over his items. If it's what you expect you hit accept and the deal. Asynchronous trading. Which part do you expect is implied to be automated?
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 26, 2016, 7:31:45 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Really? My understanding of asynchronous trading has always been that it is the same trade window as it is now and you have to hit the "accept" button when you are online. The only difference is that you both don't need to be online at the same time. You put your items in and hit accept when you are online. You log off. Other party logs on, hovers over your item to see it's correct and puts his part in the window and clicks accept. He logs off. You log in and hover over his items. If it's what you expect you hit accept and the deal. Asynchronous trading. Which part do you expect is implied to be automated?

That's not asynchronous it's literally the same thing we have now except it would take longer sometimes. That would actually be hilarious if ggg did that. Would be just like them to put in the absolute minimal effort and ta-da!

No, asynchronous trade suggests you can complete a transaction asynchronously and in your example you couldn't and to be able to do so would require some amount of automation. But it doesn't have to be much at all. You could still require a buyer to search for a specific item via poe.trade and still require them to visit a specific seller's HO and interact with some trade npc which would then complete the transaction on behalf of the seller on items listed for sale with exact prices.

And as I've suggested before this kind of transaction should only be possible if the seller has a currency tab, for bot reasons and paywall lulz.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
No, asynchronous trade suggests you can complete a transaction asynchronously
What exactly do you think asynchronous means?

Asynchronous means not synchronous. Which means not "existing or occurring at the same time" . That's all it means. A trade where each part doesn't need to happen at the same time. You're making it out to be something it's not.
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 26, 2016, 8:58:53 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
No, asynchronous trade suggests you can complete a transaction asynchronously
What exactly do you think asynchronous means?

Asynchronous means not synchronous. Which means not "existing or occurring at the same time" . That's all it means. A trade where each part doesn't need to happen at the same time. You're making it out to be something it's not.

I normally don't argue semantics but:

If a buyer could buy the listed item without depending on the seller syncing up with him in terms of time then you can say the transaction was not dependent on time, or asynchronous.

You're idea would be some weird indirect requirement of syncing up still in the same time frame but not in the same game space and would just be an inconvenience to both parties.

The issue of having to have the other party 'online' to trade would still exist.

For example: Let's say using your idea two people wanted to trade and one was in game and one was offline. Buyer sends seller an intent to purchase... but then what happens? Nothing, a trade isn't completed. The buyer doesn't get the item and nor the seller their currency. This literally isn't asynchronous trade because a trade didn't happen in the first place. For a trade to have actually happened in this context the seller and buyer would have had to be online at the same time which is right where we are now. All you've done is messaged the seller.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Sep 26, 2016, 9:54:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info