Is it the time to introduce Auction ?At least for standard league ?!

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
RegulusX wrote:
I can't wait for an auction house. The shitty trading system is one of the reasons why I barely ever spend money on PoE anymore. I just don't like the current trading system. Each purchase is usually just me whispering 20 people, one person responds, we party and trade, and then I go about my business. Almost no interaction. What's the point?

Sadly this is exactly how trade these days work - whisper 20 sellers get 1 answer, do the deal and enjoy the great "t4t" "ty" player interaction. Yesterday I needed a very niche amulet for one of my chars and there was only 1 on trade listed that met the requirements. That was the moment when I realized that I was most likely fucked. I offered even more than the guy asked for the amulet and tadada... "Sorry, no standard trades". That really is some soulchrushing bullshit. Lucky me I found another one later that day from another guy that I was able to convince to log over to standard for 2 mins (still love that guy - he saved my weekend).

Wrong because you start with first seller and price is ok but until you reach some one you get to some absurd prices some times
People worried about "absurd prices" should really shy away from the AH idea. You'll find out what absurd is when there's no hassle in selling stuff.
After every league, all currency and items gets dumped into standard.
Apart from corruption, items doesn't leave standard.
Bad items gets vendored, good items sold on.

It doesn't require a rocket scientist to realise an auction house there would be futility. Non-legacy items would sell for a pittance, legacy items for an arm and a leg...

An auction house in PoE is simply a stupid idea... and GGG are smart enough to realise this.

"
Cyzax wrote:
After every league, all currency and items gets dumped into standard.
Apart from corruption, items doesn't leave standard.
Bad items gets vendored, good items sold on.

It doesn't require a rocket scientist to realise an auction house there would be futility. Non-legacy items would sell for a pittance, legacy items for an arm and a leg...

An auction house in PoE is simply a stupid idea... and GGG are smart enough to realise this.

You don't seem to realize that every time I search for gear there are like few items added months months ago and people that added them quit long ago . This is a major issue.
We need a tool in game that will allow us buy these item without other person to be online.

Trash item can be limited with premium stash so amount you load on auction is limited already .

You just are way too narrow sited ....

"
mihaimd wrote:
We need a tool in game that will allow us buy these item without other person to be online.

No, we don't!

That is what destroyed the in-game economy in D3... and every other game it's been tried in.
An auction house can only work if items are used up as they're used. In games where items aren't used up, any semblance of an economy is impossible because every item will eventually become so plentiful that supply will be greater than demand. This is the situation now in standard.

For trading to actually work in an economy like that, there has to be a cost of trading, and that 'cost' can only be the effort it takes. This will determine the 'worth' of items, because it can't be determined by in-game rarity. An automated auction house would bring that effort to about 0, meaning the worth would also be 0... and any semblance of an ingame economy would be dead!

So no, an auction house is probably the worst idea ever! Fortunately GGG has learnt from D3 and fully realise that :-)
Some cons for Auction House

1) Some people, as I, are too lazy to sit 24/7 in-game and spam I WANNA SELL/BUY !@#$ ITEM. It is not even laziness, it is an understanding that this is one of the most stupid way to waste your time.

2)AucHouse won't ruin an economic but it will protect a game from idiots who sells [example] 201% ES shavronne for 100ex BECAUSE IT IS LEGACY 1% MORE OMG.

IF you need to sell something, you will made a price LOWER than it does another players at AucHouse. But you also won't go too cheap because you waste time to get it. Some <--Balance--> swing here.

The auction house would simply be a mixed bag, all the good rare and low value uniques would drop to a few chaos, the godly rolled rare would go up. And hard to obtain uniques would go up as high as the market would let them (price fixers paradise). Ofc this is already happening in standard were things like cospris malice is roughly 7 times the price it is in essence (seems to be for new uniques mainly).
If we can't get an auction house (which would be the ideal system), can we at least get some way to trade asynchronously and search for items while in-game? Some basic bare-bones in-game trading functionality would be great. Not having to PM random people for a mere chance to get an item would be great, too.

As it is, the only "official" 100% in-game trading system is trade chat. You aren't even supposed to use the party board in town for trading, yet people do anyway. That's seriously terrible.

^^ some kind of system that would link the item that the buyer wanted and the currency offered would be great. Then you could simply agree to the trade regardless of league etc. Even finding items in your stash currently can be a real hassle.
"
Fhark wrote:
. Even finding items in your stash currently can be a real hassle.
The generated whisper from poe.trade tells you exactly where the item is in your stash if using premium tabs.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info