[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

drillneck will almost always be better unless you craft something mirror worthy
"
AgentofStrife wrote:
Shit scrub build. "My build can kill Shaper!" No shit bro, u have a fucking dying sun and like 1% away from perfect gear and brag u can do endgame content? wow gg

So basically, you reeeped and want to blame the build?? Seems legit.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
thoughts on the build as a pathfinder?
If so much of our damage comes from poison wouldn't "increased damage over time" on jewels be kinda useful? At least until you can afford godlike jewelry.
Whats better, chaos damage % rings or 40% increased Damage with Poison?
wow guys so many questions :D i try to answer everything, if i missed something im sorry. im kinda busy during the week the days so i am more active during the weekend. right now its easiest to ask me questions ingame so i can respond in direct to you. thanks for all your comments and i hope you enjoy playing !

"
terminator18 wrote:
how you can generate power charge?and since my assasin is in standard how much dps I lose for not have the gear with %increased chaos damage?

unstable infusion is for power charges and you dont loose much damage by not being able to get the chaos jewlry. its a nice boost but not mandatory.

"
Thomasmgp wrote:
for some reason the only +2 Barrage Helms for sale are pure ES based. Was thinking bout buying one then Chaosing it until I get good life and resists. Is the loss of evasion worth the DPS gain until I can get the enchant myself on a Devoto?

yeah, can be good. depends if you prefer movespeed (clearspeed) or extra single target damage.

"
How much tooltip dps on barrage to do uber lab? and also how much average hp you recommend for it?

no idea honestly, usually i attempt uber lab at around lvl85 and when im above 5000 HP. 6000 hp is better to have though.

"
GGZII wrote:
Havent tried uber again but I raised them alternately like you said but for some reason the first val always instantly lowers, even on regular. Is the witchfire brew causing it to bug out and lower?

i dont know what causes this bug, i get it too sometimes. usually its when i stand to close to the point where he pops up? i dont know, its annoying though.

"
GGZII wrote:
I was wondering which amulet is better, the one with 30% more chaos damage, which may give me less tooltip but more actual dps? Or the one that gives Multi (taking me to 280%) and some more evasion and 900DPS tooltip but it might give less actual dps. I'm not to sure. Not sure which to use, thanks

both are good, i guess you should test yourself

"
wactober2355 wrote:
What do you think of taking the 18% increased duration node before Frenetic and the one before Savagery and not take the fourth frenzy charge? You get 36% increased duration and only have to generate three charges to get to max.

its a damage loss (frenzzy charge double dips, so you'll lose about 8% total dmg) , but if it helps your playstyle sure you can try

"
sinlol wrote:
if you get a death's opus do you run with no gmp/lmp like reach?

LMP or dying sun, or both even

"
palyho wrote:
is Slivertongue viable for this build, with small adjustments ofc. any thaughts about it?

Well you'll be able to claer maps with it. but i would say it is terrible compared to reach or deaths opus. only good for skin transfer sadly

"
GilgameshNL wrote:
Spoiler

Loving this build so far. Started with 6 frenzy charges, they only last 8 seconds, feels bad. Now trying if going down to 3-4 helps.

I was thinking of using

but I think solving the frenzy charge problem and using snakebites is just better.

What would you recommend for upgrades? Probably just rares I guess. got really lucky with hitting the gloves on some 30'ish corruptions.

nice. yeah the jewlry probably, +1drillneck etc. like i posted in the guide

"
TNTN wrote:
what about Pacifism for parma max frenzy?

only good if you cant get to keep frenzies up. you'll lose a tremendous amount of damage by doing that, and life. is okay, but it comes at a huge price. i would not do it.

"
xAgility wrote:
I mean while 6.5k life is great even in hardcore, is it possible to make a variant with even more life?

use a rare helmet with life and strength, and a belly of the beast

"
izumin1124 wrote:
Can this build clear Hall Grand Masters?

havent tried. i guess it will be difficult against tanky CI builds. maybe puncture can help. didnt get the map this league so maybe i should buy one.

"
tsunny wrote:
How well would the accuracy gotten from snakebite synergize with the new Obscurantis helm?

the helmet is terrible :( too little damage, and only "attack proj. damage" so it won't doubble dip. very sad, very bad. devoto or rats nest or a rare one is much better.

"
mugetsu333 wrote:
Enjoying the build so far its super nice clear and a lot of HP for a bow build so makes me feel comfortable moving fast. The Barrage 4L feels strong enough for now but can't wait to hit 6L.

Just got a question about ascendency path. You take Deadly Infusion second over taking noxious strike to jump for toxic delivery in merc. lab instead of uber. Is the crit multiplier stronger than the extra chaos damage as well more damage with poison on crit?

i dont know. i took it to reach crit cap with diamond flask as soon as possible, because it speeds up your mapping. if you crit with every shot, every pack dies in one shot, so you level faster, so you can do uber lab faster. was my thoughts, but the order doesnt matter at all tbh.

"
GGZII wrote:
Managed to get to the shaper part 2, but the adds phase seems impossible for me. Im at max charges, all my pots and a totem up and the adds just insta kill zana. Also died to rigwald and daresso I guess because of mistakes. No idea how im going to do this without zana though. Maybe a 5L lightning arrow isnt enough for adds phase.

On the bright side, after 28 pairs I got this. Not perfect but still super pleased

5L LA is fine. Use barrage to protect zana, with bloodrage and pop your pots. the only problem you get is when the mobs do flicker strike, tthere sometimes zana dies for me too and i can lose a portal. but you should never die to the bosses before shaper, be more careful with them.

"
Lafortezza wrote:
Hi, thanks for the great guide, I'm loving the build.

One question: In any of the passive trees you have linked, you don't take the 3 Heartseeker nodes on the far right of tree.

Are these bad nodes? 50% crit chance and 40% multi seem like a huge dps buff for 3 passive points? Or maybe you just prefer life nodes?

heartseeker is good no question. i just prefer life nodes. i got 78% crit without the heartseeker, with a diamond thats still capped so im fine wihtout.

"
axelw wrote:
Amazing guide. I have a question about blood rage gameplay . We use only for boss? Already leveling in esc, im done with std and would go for challenges now on the new league. Thanks in advance.

bloodrage for maps ! frenzy on kkill keeps your charges up. you can use it for bosses too, but sometimes its better to not use it, because you will have more life regen then.

"
overcastz wrote:
I have a question about death opus v Reach of the council. Is it worth the 4ex or so difference between the bows?

I currently have just enough to buy a reach of the council but would it be better overall just to get a death opus and then use the remaining ex to upgrade jewelry/other gear? Or is Reach really worth it?

no its not worth 4ex difference imo. i like reach because of the feeling it gives me. more arrows with LA feels good, and a bit faster base attackspeed. thats all. damage with both bows is beyond fine. its all about feeling in the end, but for some it makes a difference, like fiqst wrote. but on paper both bows are good.

"
AgentofStrife wrote:
Shit scrub build. "My build can kill Shaper!" No shit bro, u have a fucking dying sun and like 1% away from perfect gear and brag u can do endgame content? wow gg

haha you never leveled past level 90 and you prolly never did shaper yourself. also you didnt see that i killed him with a fucking white bow. nice comment mate...

"
zhouster wrote:
I've adapted my Prophecy Softcore character to this, and have made a couple of changes. I've kept using Kintsugi as I really like the defensive boost it gives (but mostly because I'm too lazy to find/socket/link a QoF). I've been playing around with using Snakebites and Facebreakers and I'm not sure which I prefer more. The high phys damage of the (legacy) Reach makes it almost a waste to not take advantage, especially with all the excellent phys nodes on the tree, and using vulnerability to triple-dip with bleed damage.

So far, I think that Facebreakers seem a bit better with Tornado shot, as the sheer number of projectiles is almost guaranteeing a bleed (even at 40%) and poison stacks (I have Dirty Techniques for 65% poison chance against bleeding enemies) and the single-target is great just with TS. This is the "Assreacher" build that ZiggyD popularized with my own small tweaks.

Lightning arrow/snake bite combo is great for guaranteeing a poison though. With tornado shot it feels good to use faster attacks instead of slower proj to create a massive wave of arrows, but with lightning arrow you just shoot it off once and keep running. Downside is the single-target, and that forces you to use extra links there. For this set-up I use added chaos instead of PhysProj, so it's safer for reflect monsters. Obviously the up-front damage and tooltip DPS is lower, but seems plenty strong.

I've been too busy to play much but I'll keep working on it.

ziggys assreacher build is pretty bad imo, squish, low life and not as much damage as it could have. also the "tripledip" is missleading and wrong. it still double dips, because its increased damage taken, so sums up instead of multiplies... and focusing on bleed damage is pretty bad. bleed isnt nearly as strong as stacking poison damage, and the damage from bleed is almost negligible compared to poison in my build. stacking phys damage instead of projectile/chaos has many downsides, mainly reflect being the problem, and just the efficiency you loose from that. always poisoning is so much better than sometimes doing so.

"
Popkorps wrote:
Hey, have been following the build and I am lacking tons of damage. I'm doing 10k while at hideout and I don't know why. I would link my gear but dunno how to, just click on my name, check my characters and check my character "TicTicTic" for my gear. Please if anyone can help, you'll have my gratitude.

you're only level 77.. what do you expect? your gemm levels are pretty low, and there is passive points and jewels for you to take. level to 90 bbefore you compare your status with mine.

"
wsbisev wrote:
how about a quiver crafted with http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Delirium ?

drillneck is 10 times better. it gives 100% increased projectile damage.. that applies to both initial damage AND poison. its so OP i first thought it might go legacy. too stronk BIS

"
loegare wrote:
thoughts on the build as a pathfinder?

less potential max. damage, but traded for nice perks (surgeons flasks, free poison etc) so veyr worth building around, maybe even as CI.

"
MrOleg wrote:
If so much of our damage comes from poison wouldn't "increased damage over time" on jewels be kinda useful? At least until you can afford godlike jewelry.

yes, didnt i recommend that? its like the #4 of useful damage mods on jewels.

"
GGZII wrote:
Whats better, chaos damage % rings or 40% increased Damage with Poison?

chaos damage. it applies to both the chaos damage from added chaos, as well as the poison damage, which is also chaos. its much bbetter than the 40% with poison
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
AgentofStrife wrote:

Oh yeah, where's that perfect build?
Thanks for answering my questing :]
Actually i cant buy a council ... whats better for HC now, Lioneye oder Windripper?
Starting up this character myself in EHC. I have basic leveling gear (Silverbranch, Storm Cloud, Death's Harp, Wanderlust, etc) ready to go. Unfortunately I am not sure if I'll be able to afford a Drillneck/Tabula right away or anything (had several hard rips including my lvl 65 Facebreaker Chieftain AWC last night, took that really hard). Leveling should still be breezy, right? On a 6c budget at the moment so I'm unsure. I work 40 hours a week so I'm hoping this will finally be the build to take me to red maps, 90+ and beyond.

Also, do quality gems matter a ton while leveling? I have Q12/13 Barrage and Lightning Arrow so far, and wondering if it matters on the other gems like Added Chaos Damage.
Last edited by Corsica96 on Oct 5, 2016, 5:51:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info