[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

so my gear is this
Spoiler

still trying to craft jewels and have will get +1 drillneck soon. +2 devoto maybe not cause its too overpriced right now.

passive tree :

i m using cold dream instead of bloodrage for frenzy generation and took some accuracy nodes instead of life, but still i feel that in boss fight its very hard to generate frenzy along with dodging things + attacking. If we are only using frenzy to get poison through gloves, cant we use those -1 frenzy jewels to get perma poison? we lose some damage and jewel sockets but get permanent poison.
Since i m using wither setup too, i have seen that with poison and wither, bosses MELT (seriously OP). I dont know if it worth the damage loss, but it surely make it much easier to play, especially boss fights.
Gear:
"

Overall, I hit lvl 90 and for mapping this build is amazing. It clears everything till Poison Immune stuff. I chose Death's Opus because I accidently 6 link it (that's why I did this build) and I have to say it has same dps as Reach because of crit multi. I hit 14k barrage with golem in hideout with opus and 10.9k with reach). Barrage dps is nearly the same with opus or reach, it probably outperforms reach if you have more barrage projectiles via dying sun or helm enchant. I tried some guardians and there are some problems (for me at least). I hit 5.6k hp with my gear (imo decent, not great) and mandatory to dodge everything what guardians do and keep up frenzy charges is not easy for me, thats a dps loss. The fix for that is -1 frenzy charges jewels, but thats another dps loss. Cospri would be another fix, but resist and ms from QotF is a huge boost to mapping and dodging slams. Is decoy totem tha huge boost to guardians fights?

"
Gear:
"

Overall, I hit lvl 90 and for mapping this build is amazing. It clears everything till Poison Immune stuff. I chose Death's Opus because I accidently 6 link it (that's why I did this build) and I have to say it has same dps as Reach because of crit multi. I hit 14k barrage with golem in hideout with opus and 10.9k with reach). Barrage dps is nearly the same with opus or reach, it probably outperforms reach if you have more barrage projectiles via dying sun or helm enchant. I tried some guardians and there are some problems (for me at least). I hit 5.6k hp with my gear (imo decent, not great) and mandatory to dodge everything what guardians do and keep up frenzy charges is not easy for me, thats a dps loss. The fix for that is -1 frenzy charges jewels, but thats another dps loss. Cospri would be another fix, but resist and ms from QotF is a huge boost to mapping and dodging slams. Is decoy totem tha huge boost to guardians fights?

My gear is far worse than yours(only 5L, standard drillneck,no enchancements) and I pulled about 50% of Chimera on my first attempt at lvl 87, decoy totem is a real boost to pretty much every boss, Chimera usually takes 2 hits to take totem down, that's enough time to give a 1 or 2 barrage on it's face and blink away. I'm not gonna lie, it's time consuming and pretty annoying and you might even end up without flask charges if you get hit. I don't know about the other guardians, decided to try again with better gear, but I do believe that with decoy totem you could beat them.
"
MuFeR wrote:
@Thaya

Isn't cospri's version much stronger defense-wise though even if it's obviously slower? I tried both with the exact same passives and only changing cwdt-immortal call to blasphemy-enfeeble-increased aoe-enlighten and it feels better. Maybe with almost perfect gear-links-gems the QotF version is indeed better because you should instakill everything other than bosses up to the highest tier map (I rolled on a character on standard and I'm already easily doing t15 with 5link lightning arrow+no uber lab done for ascendancy)

Yeah, for mapping, I don't agree that it does.

You have Evasion "pacing out" all incoming Attack damage, and you have movement speed/attack speed/overall "snappiness" and speed of the character to deal with all spells (make the "never shoot twice from the same place" thing a rule - understanding movement speed as a defense layer is very important in the context of this build). Then you have a health pool large enough to take a hit or two that do go through two defenses, as well as CWDT-IC giving you a bit of extra time on top of that to react.

All you're doing is trading the last bit for some mitigation (damage reduction from Enfeeble), whilst also trading/moving around things in other areas (i.e. moving from spells will be harder as you'll be slower, but you'll also take less damage from them, getting a bit more avoidance from Enfeeble, etc). The only scenario where I think this is strictly better is if mobs have Attacks or Spells that can one shot you, and the Enfeeble is enough to make them not.

Could you show me a screenshot of how big the aura is for you with that particular setup? I can't recall if I tried it with inc aoe or not. Make it half-cover a pack and screenshot that, so it's easy to tell where the range falls off exactly.
Last edited by M4RED on Feb 5, 2017, 5:24:50 AM
How can i get endurance charges with this build?
I see you are running CwDt+Immortal call.

I got frenzy charges from Frenzy/blood rage
I got power charges from Ascendant's Assassin.
But dont know where to get endurance ones.

Tnx and sorry.. its my 1st character in a longggg time.
Getting frenzy charges in boss fights was quite painful so i tried 3*
for boss fights and found that for boss fights its actually better. You lose attack speed and damage but that is compesated by not having to shoot 4 frenzy arrows on boss where u can shoot 4 barrages (there have been moments when u keep shooting bosses and nothing happens and then u look that u are out of charges).
Also, you can use wither totem, not sacrificing cwdt, instead of decoy totem cause it also frees ur frenzy+faster attack (2 sockets or 1 if u only use frenzy). u can even use both simultaneously.
Statwise i lost around 5k damage (26k to 21k now buffed) and around 150-200 life from jewels. Also 3 jewel nodes/6 points.
But instead of grabbing frenzy nodes and duration (4 passives), i can use that too grab jewel nodes.

Overall, The trash mobs are still getting 1 shot and bosses melt in less than 5s (t15 bosses). Theres also the option to switch jewels b4 boss fights if u dont like the dps loss. For me i havent missed frenzy at all.

"
Gaaruda wrote:
How can i get endurance charges with this build?
I see you are running CwDt+Immortal call.

I got frenzy charges from Frenzy/blood rage
I got power charges from Ascendant's Assassin.
But dont know where to get endurance ones.

Tnx and sorry.. its my 1st character in a longggg time.

you dont need endurance charges for immortal call. it has a base duration of 0.4s. endurance charge will increase that duration only which is not required at all.

Last edited by rCan9 on Feb 5, 2017, 9:26:37 AM
Currently doing this build, really fast clear speed and feels great. Wondering if any of my gears should be upgraded (possibly rings / and I'm thinking of picking up a Sin's Rebirth if it's worth it). Also, I was using the Retch belt, but i'm not sure if it's useless with this build?

Gear
Last edited by OverTheWideRollingEarth on Feb 5, 2017, 10:22:28 AM
"
Currently doing this build, really fast clear speed and feels great. Wondering if any of my gears should be upgraded (possibly rings / and I'm thinking of picking up a Sin's Rebirth if it's worth it). Also, I was using the Retch belt, but i'm not sure if it's useless with this build?

Gear

Sin's Rebirth is only worth it after you fit a Dying Sun and a Sulphur Flask in. Both of those are bigger damage boosts (Sulphur is not better for your tooltip, but as it boosts ALL damage, including your bleed/poison damage it is great). And depending on your crit chance, a Diamond Flask is also a bigger boost.

But if it isnt only damage you are missing, Sin's Rebirth is great. It is a nice mix of defensive and offensive boost. Sin's Rebirth boosts my chance do evade by 7% and my movement speed by 14% on top of a good deal of chaos damage. And as movement speed is your biggest defense in many bossfights, I like the flask a lot.

But I still think, a Diamond Flask is better than Sin's Rebirth as long as your crit. chance is below 80% without the flask (and with the power charges of course).

My Flask setup:

Also, this beauty came out of my 8th Shrieking Essence of Envy:

Better flat phys tier and it would have been really good...

I like the marble base a lot. I respecced the 6 points I used to get Warriors Blood and Heart of the Warrior because if you don't need the life regen from Warriors Blood to counter Blood Rage I think the pathing is a bit too much for 3 life nodes. Can just fill out the life nodes on the scion life wheel with them and have 3 passives left for something else.

That reminds me, I asked before, but has anybody tested Point Blank for end game? 2 passives to get it and usually with a Poison/Bleed build it is insane as it double dips. Just put down your Decoy, get close to the boss once, fire a few Barrages and enjoy the DoT while running around :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Feb 5, 2017, 7:02:55 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, this is one of my favourite builds I've ran.

Was wondering what I should "work" on for the end bit of the season testing.

Right now I'm struggling on some main boss fights but not sure if it's because of gear or skill and using decoy properly. Thank you.
Last edited by justinsroy on Feb 5, 2017, 9:26:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info