[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

How to kill Lair Map boss with this build? I can't. I understand that my jewels treash but other seems normall and I can't kill boss, so low dmg wtf.

Boss - Lycius, Midnight's Howl
Last edited by ruikarikun1 on Dec 9, 2016, 4:31:53 PM
"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
How to kill Lair Map boss with this build? I can't. I understand that my jewels treash but other seems normall and I can't kill boss, so low dmg wtf.

this boss is completely annoying and is alot tankier than many others. its a shit map with a shit boss.

you can only damage him after he is done with his wolf storm. for the rest you need to run away from him, annoy him with decoy totem and blink arrow. hind behind trees when he does his wolf storm. can take several minutes because he has so many invulnerability phases :(
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
"
ruikarikun1 wrote:

this boss is completely annoying and is alot tankier than many others. its a shit map with a shit boss.

you can only damage him after he is done with his wolf storm. for the rest you need to run away from him, annoy him with decoy totem and blink arrow. hind behind trees when he does his wolf storm. can take several minutes because he has so many invulnerability phases :(

Thanks for so fast response. Now I got it. I thought why is so hell hard))
Thx for answering my many Questions :D

But i compared your "new" tree to the old one and cant find what changed except missing out some notes on the new tree but cant find where you use the points on the new one :/.
And some of them are int notes.... is it just cause you got more int on your equip now?

Then again why dont you take the 12 life + evasion rating at ranger start? I feel like its better then 5%hp.

"
Rossko wrote:

Sorry but i am not even sure if you are Trolling or serious.

I'm not even sure why you would think I'm trolling. I definitely don't come to the forum to troll just so I can read tons of replies of people pretty much calling me trash at this game. I could go to the PoE subreddit if I wanted people to get triggered because I don't like their favorite build.

That said, maybe my perspective is skewed because the only bow builds I've played since 2.0 have been pretty tanky EA builds (including an especially tanky hierophant EA with MoM). If this is the case, my apologies, maybe this *is* the tankiest non-EA bow build out there atm. My experience with it, however, has pretty much been to clinch my cheeks if I'm feeling adventurous enough to try one of the harder breaches (Chayula, Tul) or any Breach if a map has more than one damage mod or has Temp Chains.
"
malarix1222 wrote:
"
Rossko wrote:

Sorry but i am not even sure if you are Trolling or serious.

I'm not even sure why you would think I'm trolling. I definitely don't come to the forum to troll just so I can read tons of replies of people pretty much calling me trash at this game. I could go to the PoE subreddit if I wanted people to get triggered because I don't like their favorite build.

That said, maybe my perspective is skewed because the only bow builds I've played since 2.0 have been pretty tanky EA builds (including an especially tanky hierophant EA with MoM). If this is the case, my apologies, maybe this *is* the tankiest non-EA bow build out there atm. My experience with it, however, has pretty much been to clinch my cheeks if I'm feeling adventurous enough to try one of the harder breaches (Chayula, Tul) or any Breach if a map has more than one damage mod or has Temp Chains.

Should not have been offensive sorry.
But its just that it is a really tanky build in my opinion.

I Played like 5 La or TS builds which where hell more squishy(this build is probably 2-3 times more tanky), one Wispering Ice CI which was more tanky because it just leeched the hell out of anything, a blade vortex build last league which wasnt even as save as this one here (not tanky at all if vinktars empty) and a Vaal sparker who was like insta dead :D.

These were atleast the chars i Played to 80+ and this one is as i said one of the tankier once :).

Atm i am as i said some Posts above i am running up to Tier 10 easy (cant higher cause no maps) with max decent equip.
how do you think about this gem. is this ok to replace +2 barrage enchant on helm. I allocated enough dexterity in radius. But barrage doesn't add more projectiles.
"
how do you think about this gem. is this ok to replace +2 barrage enchant on helm. I allocated enough dexterity in radius. But barrage doesn't add more projectiles.
Spoiler

As far as I know that jewel is next to useless since it doesn't add projectiles to barrage in the regular way, instead making them shoot out kind of to the side a bit (so they don't "shotgun" like the others), which doesn't help barrage with its intended purpose: single target.

E: The helm enchant on the other hand adds projectiles in the same way as Reach of the Council or GMP which allows them to add to single target DPS.
Last edited by malarix1222 on Dec 9, 2016, 8:20:21 PM
"
malarix1222 wrote:
"
Spoiler

As far as I know that jewel is next to useless since it doesn't add projectiles to barrage in the regular way, instead making them shoot out kind of to the side a bit (so they don't "shotgun" like the others), which doesn't help barrage with its intended purpose: single target.

E: The helm enchant on the other hand adds projectiles in the same way as Reach of the Council or GMP which allows them to add to single target DPS.

I see, tks.
Last edited by nmd_vn on Dec 9, 2016, 9:49:17 PM
Playing this build and its fun so far.

I've got this core gear so far and im currently looking to buy/craft some jewelry.

But there is one thing im wondering. Im currently sitting at about 19500 Evasion which is about 19% MS from Queen of the Forest. I think dropping it for a Kintsugi and replacing grace aura with haste would be better (at least for my playstyle).
I'd lose about 9% chance to evade and 10% MS as a lvl 20 Haste would give me 9% MS.
On the other side i would have the nice Kintsugi passive to prevent oneshots and more IAS.

What are you guys thinking?
Last edited by sirHugo on Dec 9, 2016, 10:25:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info