[2.4]The Trivializer - a Maxblock Diary w/ videos

"
goat4dinner wrote:
Although i realise you focus heavily on defense in your build. the premise of all these ailments like bleed & poison rely heavily on having decent base phys dmg and from the looks of it this build barely benefits of all these degen double dipping mechanics. You got the the defense aspects spot on so keep with that but you need to create enough base dmg to benefit on a larger scale as you will end up as the guy just opening doors in maps as the damage is no where near it should be for a balanced build.

Love the mechanics and hope to see a more evolved and streamlined skilltree that suits the dps mechanics you make use of. Btw you could drop varunastra and affected skill nodes with a high dmg base dmg weapon instead to make your scaling more efficient.

Varunastra is the only weapon that allow you to use WB with EQ. Even if you drop it for any other one-handed weapon, current pathing is far from weapon clusters between Duelist and Marauder.
I am using 281 DPS Varunastra and i have 12k tooltip atm (i think i can get 1-2k with 20/20 gems). My duration = APS, which means i am chain my aftershocks. With lion roar and totem i always knockback enemies, which leads to higher bleed damage. Also any damage after first bleed is 30% higher because Gladiator node. Plus rapid decay buff to both bleed and poison. Plus vulnerability. I think overall thats around 50k, which is not that bad, considering how many defense this build gives. I am only scared of dot and oneshots (even tho its up to me to avoid them).
"
G1deon wrote:
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Although i realise you focus heavily on defense in your build. the premise of all these ailments like bleed & poison rely heavily on having decent base phys dmg and from the looks of it this build barely benefits of all these degen double dipping mechanics. You got the the defense aspects spot on so keep with that but you need to create enough base dmg to benefit on a larger scale as you will end up as the guy just opening doors in maps as the damage is no where near it should be for a balanced build.

Love the mechanics and hope to see a more evolved and streamlined skilltree that suits the dps mechanics you make use of. Btw you could drop varunastra and affected skill nodes with a high dmg base dmg weapon instead to make your scaling more efficient.

Varunastra is the only weapon that allow you to use WB with EQ. Even if you drop it for any other one-handed weapon, current pathing is far from weapon clusters between Duelist and Marauder.
I am using 281 DPS Varunastra and i have 12k tooltip atm (i think i can get 1-2k with 20/20 gems). My duration = APS, which means i am chain my aftershocks. With lion roar and totem i always knockback enemies, which leads to higher bleed damage. Also any damage after first bleed is 30% higher because Gladiator node. Plus rapid decay buff to both bleed and poison. Plus vulnerability. I think overall thats around 50k, which is not that bad, considering how many defense this build gives. I am only scared of dot and oneshots (even tho its up to me to avoid them).

G1deon knows what he is talking about.
The tooltip DPS are rather low but with all that dots and curses it's super high in the end. T15 packs are usually 1 shot (Some tougher Raremobs sometimes need more hits obvisouly)

My attack time is slightly above my EQ duration. (like 0,4 above)
I did not care that much on perfect EQ-timing because of the Gladiator passive granting attackspeed on block.

Also @goat4dinner what do you mean with more evolved and streamlined skilltree for the mechanics? Never forget that there have to be some sacrifices.
And as i posted in the opening you can use a high dps rare mace or axe if you got one :)
Last edited by evilch3n on Oct 4, 2016, 2:29:10 AM
Hi...very nice build...im looking for an endgame build really tanky which can do all content..just one thing i need to know before I decide to make an Aegis Aurora tanky build..a question for endgame...how do you deal with skills that cant be blocked like damage over time or damage degeneration in endgame that can kill you in seconds or less?..its that a big problem for this type of builds?..thanks..
What did you do for the bandits im not sure Normal Cruel Merc
I love this build
"
JSLove wrote:
What did you do for the bandits im not sure Normal Cruel Merc

Normal: Oak, Cruel: Passive, Merciless: Endu Charge or Passive (Personal prev)
Also Added Bandits in the OP, thanks for reminding me.

"
G1deon wrote:
I love this build

Yeah. Only scary thing on core is the red-cricle-degen-thingy.
Last edited by evilch3n on Oct 5, 2016, 4:24:35 AM
"
evilch3n wrote:

After getting to 78% block and spell block we are allready pretty tanky but thats not enough.
We run Enfeeble-Blasphemy which will reduce total damage income by 30%, while also getting less hit and less crit damage.

Hi, just want to say, great build. Been using it since yesterday and haven't died once to 62 so far. I'm new to block builds and was wondering where the 78% chance to block comes from. Right now I have all the block nodes in the tree and wearing the anvil and Aegis, just missing 4% block chance in the Ascendancy, but my block chance right now is only 63%, so with the 4% from the Ascendancy nodes it will only go to 67%. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.
"
smitty21672 wrote:
"
evilch3n wrote:

After getting to 78% block and spell block we are allready pretty tanky but thats not enough.
We run Enfeeble-Blasphemy which will reduce total damage income by 30%, while also getting less hit and less crit damage.

Hi, just want to say, great build. Been using it since yesterday and haven't died once to 62 so far. I'm new to block builds and was wondering where the 78% chance to block comes from. Right now I have all the block nodes in the tree and wearing the anvil and Aegis, just missing 4% block chance in the Ascendancy, but my block chance right now is only 63%, so with the 4% from the Ascendancy nodes it will only go to 67%. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

32 from Aegis
21 from tree
8 from Anvil
3 from Tempest shield
6 from Gladiator
8 from Gladiator when hit recently
First Guardian Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XymWTU22vl8

The Hydra is tankable with even 2-3 damage mods and -max-resist but you HAVE to be in range for enfeeble or the cascading shot will 1-shot you.
If it's not a hustle, I would appreciate if you could tell me in which order you picked the ascendancy points.

Also maybe a quick guide to the leveling on the tree.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info