(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

Flsdbd and Kyteo, your characters are not public. Kyteo, that would help people to answer you, Flsdbd I'd like to see your build.

Today I tried Vinktar and rolled over everything, literally. Did not move much and was never in danger whatsoever. A nice spell flask as a reward.

Vaal temple was a whole different story : the bosses one shot me several times and a bloody Volatile iceblood ended the run when I decided to clean the map before a last try against the trio (which was only a duo when I left). Very, very dangerous map...
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Flsdbd and Kyteo, your characters are not public. Kyteo, that would help people to answer you, Flsdbd I'd like to see your build.

Now my char(IMBLOODREAVE) is public and you can take a look and give some comments. I think this can be developed into another RF build entirely and since the overleech and RF is less laggy, you can forget about the kickour problem. Even you can put the RF on the helmet and drop HOI. So you can use kaom instead.. this has so much potential.

After killing packs of mobs, the overleech effect lets me sustain full life without doing anything for 10-20s. you can pick up the loot if you want. No need anything to support your life regen, i only have 290/s
Last edited by fljsdbd on Nov 24, 2016, 2:51:21 PM
To those that have tried emberwake + taming setup, how does your damage compare against my shaper kill video?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5eq7yb/esc_shaper_kill_with_wormblaster_emberwake_taming/

I'm only asking because I am not using chance to ignite gem. Doing that requires me to roll a 4B on The Harvest, which is costly. I was thinking since worms have so little hp you will pretty much ignite them almost every time. Please let me know if using it makes the damage boost significantly.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
I haven't done much t16s on the Wormblaster yet. Wormblaster on HC has been a blast, but I have a question regarding endgame content. Is facetanking Minotaur+rocks fine with permanent Basalt flask+Fortify??

What about tanking Phoenix Discharge with Fortify+Permanent Ruby Flask and Purity of Fire?
"
sunleonid wrote:
To those that have tried emberwake + taming setup, how does your damage compare against my shaper kill video?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5eq7yb/esc_shaper_kill_with_wormblaster_emberwake_taming/

I'm only asking because I am not using chance to ignite gem. Doing that requires me to roll a 4B on The Harvest, which is costly. I was thinking since worms have so little hp you will pretty much ignite them almost every time. Please let me know if using it makes the damage boost significantly.

Looks like your damage is much higher than mine with chance to ignite on.
Well, you got two curses running as far as I can see. Thats probably the deal.

Edit: Ok, I noticed your jewels are crazy good. thats loads of damage you got there.
Last edited by Oxygene_PoE on Nov 25, 2016, 4:10:18 PM
I made more vids (Minotaur kill) to compare damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlooY5KDtIY
(Emberwake + Taming + Mantra of Flames + Prolif + Chance To Ignite + Dying Sun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzzvonmxwSs
(Opal Rings + Frost Bomb + Dying Sun)

This time I am using Chance to Ignite gem. Replaced Inc. AoE gem so I don't have to reroll colors. Luckily BV still had enough AoE to kill worms as long as Dying Sun is active.

As you can see, the first vid takes about 19 seconds to kill Minotaur, whereas the second vid takes about 33 seconds. So I can conclude that Emberwake + Taming setup gives me about 73% more damage compared to the regular opal rings setup.

Also I just divined all of my jewels to have 7% life. Giving myself an extra 100 hp.
Sitting at 10076 hp with opal rings, and 9466 hp with emberwake + taming + mantra.

I think this is as high as the damage can get for a wormblaster build, save for a cold damage boots enchant, and either an added lightning or shock nova for the shock prolif. But that means I have to forgo increased duration, and I really don't think the build can properly function without it.

Edit: Actually, if I replace blasphemy (linked to frostbite) with high level cwdt, and replace faster attacks (linked to leap slam) with herald of thunder, that may be able to shock worms and proliferate the shock. The only downside is that you cannot run reflect maps anymore. I will try that some time later.
Last edited by sunleonid on Nov 25, 2016, 9:34:37 PM
Build is great - completed all content except Uber Atziri about month ago, but with some changes (BV in gloves, not in Harvest). Thx the build.
"
sunleonid wrote:

Btw - that is your fullbuffed HoI damage in opal setup?
I'm interested coz i usually run with enfeeble and my kills tooks nearly same time (2 damage curses should make big difference).
My damage is 12k+ now.
"
Stikuz wrote:
Build is great - completed all content except Uber Atziri about month ago, but with some changes (BV in gloves, not in Harvest). Thx the build.
"
sunleonid wrote:

Btw - that is your fullbuffed HoI damage in opal setup?
I'm interested coz i usually run with enfeeble and my kills tooks nearly same time (2 damage curses should make big difference).
My damage is 12k+ now.

9.1k tooltip with opal setup, but I'm missing carcass, chalice, and a cold damage amulet.

Edit: Tried herald of thunder and it didn't seem to buff my damage much at all.
Last edited by sunleonid on Nov 25, 2016, 10:53:10 PM
yo guys, im trying to do something similar, but im not sure if it will work. i wanna do cast on melee kill cyclone, with 2-3 skills, to kill the worms and go crit herald of ice with inc critical strikes gem and 3.5% gloves, which gives my HoI 5.4% crit. i would use assassins mark on blasphemy and by going slayer, i could get like 75-80% HoI crit. other is pretty much the same, without the templar part of the tree. no templar AoE seems bad, but its too far away.

so first, is cast on melee kill viable at all for this build? if not i can just do the standard bv setup, right.

and second, goin crit HoI, u guys think 75-80% crit chance is enough, or am i better of goin assassin and just easily get 95% crit? could probably even skip the inc crit gem and go acro/phase acro.

tree:

ty, cheers
Last edited by mgasper0 on Nov 26, 2016, 7:37:43 AM

I managed to complete the divination card set The Harvester and rolled a perfect one. Not that it matters. I was curious about this build.

Would a Pathfinder version of this build be just as successful maybe? Easier access to Acro/Phase Acrobatics which is another big boost in survivability.

It would have less AOE and less damage, but more consistent flask charges and life/mana recovery. This is just an example and I'll likely change a few things:

Passive Tree

I was also wondering about grabbing the knockback passives and using this:

Since my damage would be lower than Slayer's, I might be able to get 1-2 reversed knockbacks on worms and monsters before they die. Pulling them in would cause better overlapping on herald of ice.

One more thing is with the 50% flask effect, I'd have 45% AOE from Dying Sun and 9% max fire resist coming from it. Writhing Jar life/mana recovery would be beefed up as well.

Any advice? Should I ditch the thought?
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Demental on Nov 26, 2016, 10:25:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info